Forums > Model Colloquy > ... the grey area... a rut?

Model

NotBrunette

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

I've only been doing this a little over a year, but I'm curious for opinions...
I feel I have some pretty darn good work, am beginning to take the occasional paid work (mostly with amateur photogs) when it comes along...
I feel like I'm experienced enough, atleast on the glamour and light fetish end that I've become MUCH more selective with TFPs...
... How do you get published? How do you get paid work?
... am I just too impatient? Are there things I should be doing/should not be doing?

Thanks for the advice and criticism...
Jessie

Jul 03 05 07:12 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Pick magazines you're interested in getting into, and think you have a shot at.  Then make sure you shoot with a photographer who is willing to submit photos to said magazine.  Pretty much easy as that.  Now whether or not the magazine will choose to publish the photos (usually completely unpaid-- most consider the exposure to be payment enough) is a completely different story.

Jul 03 05 07:16 pm Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

First off I'm not a professional and don't know that much so don't feel like you have to do anything I say. I'm not sure what kind of work you are interested in, but it doesn't look like its mainstream. And to be honest not all of your photos look like they are that great quality. They are kinda dark and make it hard to tell exactly what you look like. Also the amature one on the bed is, well amature. I wouldn't advise keeping it up. Try to work with a lot of photographers. The more people you know the easier it is to find work.

Jul 03 05 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

You use the I word too often..
In this buisness it doesnt matter what you think..
Unless its you doing the hiring..
My rule of thumb is after 100,000 images you should have a fairly good idea of your capabilities and style..
Shooot Shoot Shoot

Jul 09 05 03:29 am Link