Forums > Critique > I need the truth

Photographer

Kruse Images

ST JOHN, Mississippi, US

I have an image in my profile  "The Tower", I saved it from an underexposed neg (flash didn't work). I really like it...tell the truth...is it ok or not?

Jul 04 05 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

From a subjective point of view I would say not.

From an objective point of view I would sugest you look at the quality of some of the compositing in the image (with attention to details like the dark line along the right edge of the model and tower).

I'm not sure how the fractals/difference clouds on the right relate to the image...

Art and technique are not always related, so this image may be making an artistic statement that I'm missing...

Perhaps being part of a larger body of similar work would put it in better context.

Jul 04 05 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Kruse Images

ST JOHN, Mississippi, US

Thanks...I know as a photo it's grainy etc., it was an art thing I saw in it...thats why I wanted to know if anyone else saw it. It was meant to be a fantasy image.
I value your opinon.
Thanks for taking the time to to check it out.
Tom

Jul 04 05 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I agree with Xa but maybe I like it a bit more.  Gives a different look to your images and how you think.  Not my favorite but keep it around to come to visit you port now and then.

But it does look like a rescue and not a vision.  More mistakes then,  that should not be too hard for either of you.

Jul 04 05 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

StudioGuru

Swindon, England, United Kingdom

Well I have just spent 15 mins trawling over it and yes the model is a looker and yes the tower works with the grain, but fantasy?  Maybe if she was in shiny black latex with a riding crop in one hand and the other tucked under the latex......ah well...heres to dreamin'

I cant figure out the "stuff" on the right is adding, but I wouldn't know how to add it so fair play to you sir.

Jul 04 05 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Adrenalin Concepts

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

I love it ... fantasy? perhaps ... dream sequence, more like it.
the right side patterning is distracting but the rest of the image works for me.

'Eerie Red' on my profile was a mistake that I love... the rest of the world merely has to tolerate its presence in my portfolio.

If you like it, its right

Jul 04 05 03:58 pm Link