Forums > Critique > "New" pics

Photographer

Freelancer

Kingwood, West Virginia, US

New to here anyway.

Jul 05 05 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

The baby picture shows promise, but it's in harsh direct light. The blanket is acting as a reflector and keeping the shadows from being too hard on the baby's skin, but the baby is casting a hard shadow, so it makes me feel a little uncomfortable seeing the baby sitting unprotected in the full sunlight.

Nevertheless, it is an improvement.

I'm not sold on the model shots. I think much of the comments and suggestions made in the other threads regarding posing still apply.

I like your profile "About Me" section much better than before by the way.

Jul 05 05 05:45 pm Link

Model

Linda T

Lubbock, Texas, US

awwww what a sweet little baby picture ^_^

Jul 05 05 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

I see your only here because you see no way to cancel your membership? Dont react to harsh to what people said on your initial critique post. Use it to tweek your weak spots or to fine tune areas. Initial photos look good to you because you took them, to a third person they see things you might not have noticed.
The baby photo i personaly would have used a flash on the right side and maybe a little closer to see the face more clearly, but thats what i would have done.
I see the photo as the third person would see it, to me it would have been really good if the baby were in the shade and using a flash and took the photo from a head height or a slight upward angle.
Again my opinion but the harsh shadows would not be evident near the leg or on the face and it would be more evenly lighted.
Use the critique to improve, dont take what people say as personal. I redid mine and i like them better now but before they looked ok to me also.
Its good to have third party input from people who have no need to worry about how your gonna feel about what they say. Yea it stings but it also helps you improve yourself.
Good Luck and dont give up too fast on this site.
I did comment on your pics originaly but i removed it because I had to fix my stuff so i felt it was wrong to comment on yours when i had to fix mine.

Jul 07 05 10:57 am Link