Forums > Model Colloquy > What to wear????....

Model

Marguerite

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I have an interview for a Spokesmodel position for a well know car company and need to know what to wear? Bussinees Casual is what they told me, but that could mean a lot of things, could you guys/gals give me some examples? Thanks, I have never had to do a interview like this one before and want to make a good impression, first impressions make a lasting one.

Jul 05 05 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Business Casual (note the spelling) usually means a suit, with either skirt or slacks.  If you don't have a suit, wear either a dress skirt or slacks and a dressy top.

While we're on the subject of spelling, "Copyright" is also mispelled on your port.

Paul

Jul 05 05 08:16 pm Link

Model

Marguerite

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I am a model and type for speed not acuracy.

Jul 05 05 08:19 pm Link

Model

Aurora

Dallas, Georgia, US

But the goal of typing anything by anyone, model or not, should be both speed and accuracy.

However, business casual is not suits to me, it's nice slacks/skirt with a button up shirt or nice sweater. Most likely heeled dress sandals or pumps. Perhaps hose if you wear pumps.

Jul 05 05 09:55 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

It's better to be overdressed than under dressed. Either way, they're going to want to see you, so wear a skirt and heels.

Jul 05 05 10:55 pm Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

Posted by Paul Ferrara: 
Business Casual (note the spelling) usually means a suit, with either skirt or slacks.  If you don't have a suit, wear either a dress skirt or slacks and a dressy top.

While we're on the subject of spelling, "Copyright" is also mispelled on your port.

Paul

I don't believe she even asked for advice about her spelling.

But anyway, Marguerite, yes I think dress to impress is the way to go.

Jul 06 05 08:16 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Posted by Marguerite: 

You are a Model?
Or you want to be a model?
If you want to seem to be professional, then Typing for speed, not Accuracy, is a bad thing.

You are in fact a product. Everything you do in modeling is about selling yourself to the client.

People that do not take the time to check simple spelling are people that take short cuts on everything else.

You want to be professional, you must act professional in everything you do.

People make mistakes typing, I do it all the time.
I tend to go back and check, or when it is pointed, I simply correct it, usually with a thank you to who pointed it out.

Meanwhile, Business Casual, which you asked about, for a Female, is considered Slacks or a skirt (no jeans, no shorts, etc...) and a nice top, usually button down, i.e. Dress Top.

You can also get away with a nice dress as well, but if you do, no open toe shoes, and definately wear hose.

At least, That is how it is all defined in the business world I am a part of.

Jul 06 05 08:26 am Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by Marguerite: 

Ever wonder why people say models are not smart? It is this attitude that give models a bad rep. I'm not saying anything  about you, just your comment and I agree with Ty, professionalism is key and required all the time when representing yourself.

Jul 06 05 10:49 am Link

Photographer

Havoc Brand

Crown Point, Indiana, US

If she was an editor I ould see the issue here... I also type to make a point, for formal writing I use word and the spell checker because I know my limits (spelling problem is brought on by a hearing problem so words don't sound how they are spelled). Besides if MM wanted us to spell things right they would have a built in spell checker... smile

Your looks and you style mean more to me as a photographer then your writing skills... now if I was hiring you to speak I would need to be sure you were awesome at that as well... Very fews models need to write, and if you get comments about the errors, just tell them your not used to english that much yet... smile

Jul 07 05 10:11 am Link