Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Beware,,,,,,,

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

I just couldn't resist... So after a month long ordeal involving a snowboard, a chiropractor, and a prescription of vicodin Brandon is finally back to harrass everyone on the forums!! Geezzzz I miss ya'll!  And I'm really up for a good debate.... Anyone?  HAHA!

So I figured rather than reading the 5000 posts I've missed, I made it easier on myself and just started my own :-)

Anyway.... *jaws music in the background*

B

Apr 10 06 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

very strong narcotic , dude , be careful

Hydrocodone bitartrate  - the major ingredient in Vicodin

"one of the chief reasons why homatropine is added is to prevent abuse of hydrocodone's narcotic effects. Should someone attempt to consume more than a recommended dose of hydrocodone (and homatropine) some very unpleasant side effects of homatropine will prevent gross overconsumption."

Apr 10 06 09:23 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

Sacramento, California, US

Oh dear. Are you at least feeling better? Or maybe just totally dulled out from the drug? Pain = bad...At least, most of the time.

Apr 10 06 09:24 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

I was lucky to have family around... never saw the bottle, didn't know where it was at, and had it for about 2 days.... long enough for me to last until the chiropractor has his way with my back.  Other than that... no more vicodin.....

Word to the wise... When you fall while snowboarding.... Well wait... the word to the wise would be to not fall in the first place *Big Smile*.

Apr 10 06 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Welcome back Brandon, I hope you were able to make a full recovery.

Apr 10 06 09:27 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

Adria W. wrote:
Oh dear. Are you at least feeling better? Or maybe just totally dulled out from the drug? Pain = bad...At least, most of the time.

Much better thank you :-)  Chiropractor three times a week for minor adjustments does the body wonders!  I was only on vicodin for 2 days... Motrin about a week.

Apr 10 06 09:28 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

Brandon Smith wrote:

Much better thank you :-)  Chiropractor three times a week for minor adjustments does the body wonders!  I was only on vicodin for 2 days... Motrin about a week.

Motrin is my friend.

Apr 10 06 09:30 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

Adria W. wrote:

Motrin is my friend.

Apr 10 06 09:34 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Brandon Smith wrote:
Both her and I have this wonderful issue that makes us immune to medications in a very short amount of time so she'd find something that worked at first and then would have to switch to something else because it was no longer working.

You guys aren't the only ones. I have the same issue except my body immediately has NO effect. To the point that "pain relievers" and headache medicine" are a fact of fiction in my mind.

My solution: I just don't do the meds. I allow myself to get used to the pain and then I slowly work through it. And drinking water. Cold water has a tranquil effect on me. That ends up being my relief.

Glad to see you back and at 'em. Welcome back, bro!

Apr 10 06 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
very strong narcotic , dude , be careful

Hydrocodone bitartrate  - the major ingredient in Vicodin

"one of the chief reasons why homatropine is added is to prevent abuse of hydrocodone's narcotic effects. Should someone attempt to consume more than a recommended dose of hydrocodone (and homatropine) some very unpleasant side effects of homatropine will prevent gross overconsumption."

Right, but without scotch its just a big asprin.

Apr 10 06 09:52 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

markcomp wrote:

Right, but without scotch its just a big asprin.

Personally its a dirty martini, shaken, two olives ;-)

But interestingly enough.... it had this happy effect on me, I was just bouncing off the walls.  Which seems correct for me considering that Red Bull puts me to sleep.

Apr 10 06 09:54 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

Crazy-Evil Angelus wrote:

You guys aren't the only ones. I have the same issue except my body immediately has NO effect. To the point that "pain relievers" and headache medicine" are a fact of fiction in my mind.

My solution: I just don't do the meds. I allow myself to get used to the pain and then I slowly work through it. And drinking water. Cold water has a tranquil effect on me. That ends up being my relief.

Glad to see you back and at 'em. Welcome back, bro!

I'm with ya.... I get one measly headache and people tell me "go take something".... well dammit, nothing works so I'm just going to go to bed :-)

Apr 10 06 09:55 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

Brandon Smith wrote:

My mom has been the same way.  Even to the point of having an MRI to figure out what was wrong.  Doctors have been little to no help over the years and it seems that she's figured out her own little path to success.... she walks alot (miles at a time) and she sees my chiropractor.  Both her and I have this wonderful issue that makes us immune to medications in a very short amount of time so she'd find something that worked at first and then would have to switch to something else because it was no longer working.

My mom now has imitrix shots to relieve her headaches. Mine aren't that bad anymore, now that I've been eating healthier and loosing weight.

Apr 10 06 10:09 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

Adria W. wrote:

My mom now has imitrix shots to relieve her headaches. Mine aren't that bad anymore, now that I've been eating healthier and loosing weight.

Her doctors wanted to put her on this drug that was a twice a day thing for .. well.. forever.  She flat out told them no.

Apr 10 06 10:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

PAINT

Fayetteville, Georgia, US

Brandon!

Wow!  That sucks!  I'm glad that you are up and about...
I've been seeing a chiropractor b/c I had a horrible ballet injury that I ignored for 13 years... so i lived in constant pain for that period of time. 

I'm training for the San Diego marathon on June 4th but haven't been able to train for 2 weeks b/c my left hip isn't quite in the socket... lol... that's some stupid sh*t isn't it?  I've just grown accustomed to pain and i've been wreaking my body... now that i need it to function it's saying PH*k YOU, KI!!!  So... i'm trying to schedule an appointment.  Pain killers can be addictive... so i'm glad you are able to stop taking them.

Be good to yourself, Brandon!  And take it slowly!
~Ki

Apr 10 06 10:26 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

PAINT wrote:
Brandon!

Wow!  That sucks!  I'm glad that you are up and about...
I've been seeing a chiropractor b/c I had a horrible ballet injury that I ignored for 13 years... so i lived in constant pain for that period of time. 

I'm training for the San Diego marathon on June 4th but haven't been able to train for 2 weeks b/c my left hip isn't quite in the socket... lol... that's some stupid sh*t isn't it?  I've just grown accustomed to pain and i've been wreaking my body... now that i need it to function it's saying PH*k YOU, KI!!!  So... i'm trying to schedule an appointment.  Pain killers can be addictive... so i'm glad you are able to stop taking them.

Be good to yourself, Brandon!  And take it slowly!
~Ki

Awwwww :-)  Thanks!  And whats this... you're going to be in SD for the marathon?  Hopefully our passing storm clouds will have dissolved and we'll host you with some great weather!  Getting ready for the 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk in November myself.  Hence the reason I wanted back in the gym....

Apr 10 06 10:29 pm Link

Makeup Artist

PAINT

Brandon Smith wrote:
Awwwww :-)  Thanks!  And whats this... you're going to be in SD for the marathon?  Hopefully our passing storm clouds will have dissolved and we'll host you with some great weather!  Getting ready for the 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk in November myself.  Hence the reason I wanted back in the gym....

Yeah... well we'll be walking rain or shine... we've been training in 30 degree weather here in ATL in the rain!!!  Be careful while training.

Apr 10 06 10:46 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

PAINT wrote:

Yeah... well we'll be walking rain or shine... we've been training in 30 degree weather here in ATL in the rain!!!  Be careful while training.

Well you've definately got us beat out here... I can't even contemplate 30 degrees...... HAHA!

Apr 10 06 10:47 pm Link

Makeup Artist

PAINT

Brandon Smith wrote:
Well you've definately got us beat out here... I can't even contemplate 30 degrees...... HAHA!

yeah... and now that it warms up i've got a bumb hip... go figure!  i freeze my tuckus and now i can't get a tan? ugh!!

Apr 10 06 11:31 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

PAINT wrote:

yeah... and now that it warms up i've got a bumb hip... go figure!  i freeze my tuckus and now i can't get a tan? ugh!!

I'll just have to make certain that you have some great weather while you're here then! :-)

Apr 10 06 11:35 pm Link

Model

MissMae

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I  love Vicodin and very fast cars, but not together.

Apr 10 06 11:41 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

MissMae wrote:
I  love Vicodin and very fast cars, but not together.

I'm so very glad :-)  Any fast cars in particular?

Apr 10 06 11:52 pm Link