Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Inflated GAS PRICES...my most RECENT CHAIN LETTER!

Photographer

Divo Models

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Ok I don't normally post here, but I (just as you) am pissed off at the inflated gas prices...the oil industry has made their biggest PROFIT in history within the past few years.

I am always looking for alternatives to fossil fuel dependency.  My automobile consumes gasoline, as well as ethanol: a corn derived fuel. 

However, how frequently do you see ethanol-equipped stations?  Although ethanol may be prevalent in some states, that is not the case in my state of Georgia.

Unfortunately, the oil companies and lobbyists control our government.  Through kickbacks and pay-offs, our pursuit towards alternative energy sources are shadowed, neglected, and ignored.  Our president is a product of oil persuasion: by his family’s historical involvement- as well as what some speculate as his current priorities.

“I’ll pet your hairy back, if you pet mine.â€?

When have you ever seen such a dramatic fluctuation in oil prices?

At the end of the day, do you actually think these dictators give a shit about your financial circumstances in regards to oil?  No, they don’t…because they know you need it.  As long as you need it and there are no alternatives, you’ll buy it.  It’s no different than a dealer selling crack to an addict.

I received an unsolicited email denouncing the purchase of gasoline from Exxon and Mobil.  The author suggested that if consumers avoided purchases from those retailers, the lack of business would cause the oil industry to lower the prices as a whole.  According to the email, Exxon and Mobil [allegedly] set the industry’s price for oil.

Although I interpret such allegations with a grain of salt, I can’t help but wonder if such a phenomenon exists.  Perhaps such an email is in the making of an urban legend...but any insight is greatly appreciated.

Apr 10 06 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

I keep telling people this, not specifically about Exxon and Mobile because I hadn't heard that claim, but just in general I think we need to have a massive gas boycott and simply put a limit on what we will pay. I think MoveOn.org tried to organize a one day boycott a while back, but one day isn't shit. We need to simply revolt as a nation and refuse to be ripped off and lied to. Just stop buying fucking gas until it goes back to a buck a gallon and then tie it to the inflation rate from then on. Just crush those motherfuckers! We will not buy gas until the price is lowered and it's written into law that gas prices are now fixed and tied to the rate of inflation, and further more they cannot reduce wages or saleries in response for any non-executives, they must take the hit in their own obscene profits and pay packages for ONCE. If the price of oil rises, TOUGH SHIT! That is their cost of doing business. Violations will have stiff, strict and serious penalties including prison time and crippling fines. EXTENDED BOYCOTT GODDAMNIT!!!

Apr 11 06 06:31 pm Link