Forums > Photography Talk > Girls Wearing Boy's Underwear

Photographer

MJ_Vanderveen

Livermore, California, US

I always thought it'd be fun to shoot a girl wearing boy's underwear. You know like Spiderman, Hulk, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Stuff. The classic tighty whities. Anyone have any examples, and does anyone else think it's cute in a weird way? Trying to decide if I wanna try and shoot something with it. In some ways it seems weird, in others... it seem like it could produce some cute, quirky images. Thoughts?

Feb 16 09 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Melissa Brewer Photog

Columbus, Indiana, US

I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't have an example handy but I have seen some where they were wearing a tank top, the boy like undies, and then funky knee high socks. They make ladies underwear that is the same style as those boys briefs so it wouldn't be too hard to do one of those shoots.

Feb 16 09 02:57 pm Link

Model

Sophie Nova

Los Angeles, California, US

Its really cute smile

Feb 16 09 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

Jay in Houston

Houston, Texas, US

You know... they now make girls underwear that are designed to look like boys undies. You should look into them. Yes it is hot and not weird.

Photographer

MJ_Vanderveen

Nice, yeah, I think it's def a fun idea

Photographer

MJ_Vanderveen

Jay in Houston wrote:
You know... they now make girls underwear that are designed to look like boys undies. You should look into them. Yes it is hot and not weird.

And now I'm not alone

Feb 16 09 02:59 pm Link

Model

Rebecca E Model

Reno, Nevada, US

It's definitely a trend.  Also, I know lots of women who just straight up buy men's undies in a Men's "Medium" or boy's size (rarely does the market label things a Men's "Small").

This isn't just for boxers anymore.  Boxer briefs are comfy too.  And female underwear now mimics men's briefs, but with a small "cup" area in front.

Feb 16 09 03:00 pm Link

Model

Rosie Hannah D

London, England, United Kingdom

i've got two pairs of the girl y-front boy style undies
and i think they look really cute!
i've done a number of pics in them cause i think they really do look great
i agree with the other cmnt aswell, they look adorable with knee socks!
big_smile
xoxo

Feb 16 09 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

robert christopher

Snohomish, Washington, US

You guys need to look at more magazines. Been done to death in my mind although after last months jenifer aniston wearing boys Calvin kleins I have had 3 or 4 requests to recreate that set, so I will probably be doing just that this week.

Feb 16 09 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

MJ_Vanderveen

robert christopher wrote:
You guys need to look at more magazines. Been done to death in my mind although after last months jenifer aniston wearing boys Calvin kleins I have had 3 or 4 requests to recreate that set, so I will probably be doing just that this week.

Haha, I usually do more street photography so that really doesn't leak into the magazines I read. I just think it's a fun idea, done to death or not... there's always a new spin on these things.

Feb 16 09 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

stxphotogrphy

Corpus Christi, Texas, US

I think its a great concept, been thinking about doing something like that myself. Maybe with a pair of thigh highs and a mans  shirt open down the front and tied up above the mid drift, maybe add a derby style hat. Lots of possibilities here.

Feb 16 09 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Devon

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Wow I was thinking of doing the same shoot! GMTA :-)

Feb 16 09 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

MJ_Vanderveen

stxphotogrphy wrote:
I think its a great concept, been thinking about doing something like that myself. Maybe with a pair of thigh highs and a mans  shirt open down the front and tied up above the mid drift, maybe add a derby style hat. Lots of possibilities here.

haha yeah or reading comic books in fun little poses. Could also look good with a baseball cap, baseball jersey, and a baseball socks or something. The list goes on and on.

Feb 16 09 03:21 pm Link

Photographer

Darkroomist

Saginaw, Michigan, US

It's hot.  Maybe cute is a better word for it.
https://farm1.static.flickr.com/202/457435068_0b3aab9ef4.jpg

maybe try pairing tighty-whities with a men's dress shirt.

Feb 16 09 03:28 pm Link

Model

Kamellia

Jacksonville, Florida, US

The first time I can remember seeing it was Cameron Diaz in the first [remake] of Charlie's Angels.  She was dancing around in superman(?) underwear when a delivery guy came to the door.  I remember thinking it was sort of odd, but in keeping with her character, and then several months later all the cool kids were doing it.

Feb 16 09 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

Imageri by Tim Davis

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

https://imageribytimdavis.com/images/Chelsie_100.jpg

Feb 16 09 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Visual Into-xXx-ication

Senecaville, Ohio, US

I Really Like The Idea Aswell Ive Always Had Similiar Ideas Just Havent Ever Shot Any But Ive Seen Some Shots Dont Have Any To Share But Yeah Definately Do It
- Keith

Feb 16 09 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

Hikari Tech Photography

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Abnormous Photography wrote:

And now I'm not alone

Far from it! big_smile

Feb 16 09 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

dave wright glam

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Feb 16 09 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Marietta Photography

Memphis, Tennessee, US

Much preferable to male models in ladies' underwear.

Feb 16 09 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Vanishing Point Ent

Jay in Houston wrote:

They're called " boyshorts ".

They just don't have the men's fly.

Which makes them fit tighter on the female body.

Feb 16 09 06:29 pm Link

Photographer

Darkroomist

Saginaw, Michigan, US

Vanishing Point Ent wrote:

They're called " boyshorts ".

They just don't have the men's fly.

Which makes them fit tighter on the female body.

Ummm... no.
Boyshorts are more like old surfboarding shorts characterized by fairly straight lines across the abdomin and extending down the thigh slightly.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&s … a=N&tab=wi

What you're thinking of are "Boy Briefs"
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&s … a=N&tab=wi

Feb 16 09 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

R A V E N D R I V E

New York, New York, US

its a fad that i'm starting to see a little overdone.

shot these at a show last december

https://ravendrive.com/vault/2008-12-21fashionshow/content/bin/images/large/20081221__MG_6266.jpg

https://ravendrive.com/vault/2008-12-21fashionshow/content/bin/images/large/20081221__MG_6279.jpg

Feb 16 09 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

Photography By George

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Try this: in one frame  A manly man (Charlie Sheen, Jon Cryer?) in a purple camisole and matching panties with a fat smelly...cigar in the corner of his mouth...seated with his legs crossed as girly as possible.

In the other frame:  A naked girl, except for high heels and rummaging frantically through a hamper tossing dirty laundry in the air.

Just a thought.

Apr 22 12 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Melton

Dallas, Texas, US

Well - this is in the ballpark...female in underoos:

18+  https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/18321136  18+

Apr 22 12 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

SYCF

Apr 22 12 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

dcsmooth

Detroit, Michigan, US

It's a very cute concept, some models pose wearing suspenders with boys or mens underwear.  I have several lists on my MM profile page featuring lingerie and underwear, there should be at least a dozen examples in them showing women or girls in boys or mens underwear.

Apr 22 12 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

dcsmooth

Detroit, Michigan, US

Rebecca Evans wrote:
It's definitely a trend.  Also, I know lots of women who just straight up buy men's undies in a Men's "Medium" or boy's size (rarely does the market label things a Men's "Small").

This isn't just for boxers anymore.  Boxer briefs are comfy too.  And female underwear now mimics men's briefs, but with a small "cup" area in front.

I know two women who wear men's underwear (white cotton briefs) quite often because they are comfortable and they like the look.

Just noticed that this discussion is three years old.......

Apr 22 12 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

Ally Moy

New York, New York, US

I'm pretty sure they make pajama shorts that look like boys briefs/boy shorts...the kind with the thick colored trim. Just an idea if you are looking for images or something to buy.

Apr 23 12 03:23 am Link

Photographer

byebyemm222

ADAK, Alaska, US

I'm pretty sure American Apparel has boy briefs that are considered unisex IIRC. They have them in a pretty wide variety of colors last I saw.

Apr 23 12 09:17 am Link

Photographer

byebyemm222

ADAK, Alaska, US

dcsmooth wrote:

I know two women who wear men's underwear (white cotton briefs) quite often because they are comfortable and they like the look.

Just noticed that this discussion is three years old.......

That's funny. I don't get why there are so many old threads turning up lately!

Apr 23 12 09:21 am Link

Photographer

Photo By Neo

Dallas, Texas, US

Apr 23 12 10:37 am Link

Photographer

TA Craft Photography

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

There is nothing new under the sun...I shoot model in guys y-fronts back 2008!  They were real old as well, I think from the 1980's, seriously full cut high waist. 

T

Apr 23 12 11:10 am Link

Photographer

Kaouthia

Wishaw, Scotland, United Kingdom

Atlanta Photography wrote:
Much preferable to male models in ladies' underwear.

Not a fan of "Weird Science"? wink

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0mf0h8lUGXw/TbWWfgkfrnI/AAAAAAAAAgo/7iOSL57c1xM/s640/helllo.JPG

Apr 23 12 11:27 am Link

Photographer

HungryEye

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100408/16/4bbe65f9b3d6e_m.jpg

Chelle brought these Spidey underpants and we shot them 'cause they're just so damn cute...

Also, my avatar is an example.

Apr 23 12 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

Jhono Bashian

Cleveland, Ohio, US

underpants, boxers or briefs

Apr 23 12 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Pablo Anwar

New York, New York, US

anyone think this would be a good idea?

http://girls-in-others-undies.tumblr.com/

It's a fledgling project of mine and I'm waiting 'til I have enough shots to make following it worth while.

I had a thought today to check if it's been done before and it has, but not very well so I'm hoping to be the Me-in-my-place of girls wearing other people's underwear.

should it be a success I would want to profile people and get them to loan their favorite pairs ... men women whatever for a model to wear.

I dunno

Apr 26 12 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by Riddell

Hemel Hempstead, England, United Kingdom

I'd say its not a good idea. I recall when I was young, even though I was a child there was a particular women who was always on TV, and in my own childish way I kind of fancied her / liked her / respected her / realised she was beautiful.

(whatever a childs feeling are at that age)

Then one day I opened the Sunday magazine supplement of my dads newspaper only to find her standing there full length, naked except for a massive pair of mens Y-fronts.

I found that image particularly distrubing. All the beauty and glamour was gone, and I never wanted to watch her on TV again.

Apr 27 12 02:24 am Link