Forums > Critique > Rebuilding...

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

I know I have a lot of work to do. I here asking for opinons on what I do have and input on what to do to make it better. Once again I well understand I have plenty of work to do.

Thanks
aye

Jul 06 05 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

You got my vote!!
Just wish you where a couple thousand miles closer (:---

Jul 06 05 05:24 pm Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

I am planning a west coast tour in Oct  so I could make it up that way ...thank you Sir.

Jul 06 05 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

George Butler

Marietta, Georgia, US

Versatility! What makes any model extremely valuable is being able to show he or she is versatile. Swimsuit, Lingerie, Business, Elegant, Glamour, Fetish, Glamour, etc.

Last, in my opinion, seek out some more established photographer to get that varied look. Nothing wrong with working with the new guys, but certain advantages to the seasoned ones too.

Jul 07 05 03:37 am Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

Any suggestions??? I am willing!

Jul 07 05 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

HenryS

BRONX, New York, US

As you rebuild, be very discriminating in what you put up.  More is not necessarily better, but better is better.  Don't use images that are too dark or too light or not sharp enough (unless that is the effect that you want).  Only use quality images.  Better few and better than more and so-so.

Make sure that you are the focus point of the image.  Props are great and you already know that I love them, but the prop must fit the ambiance of the shot.

I like smiles and expressions. Continue to work on them as they add variety and character.  For each pose, vary your head position a bit, look at the camera, look up a tad, down a tad, right, left, etc.

Gosh,  I already changed my rule...might change it again to a triple. smile

Jul 07 05 04:42 pm Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

::: smiles:::  thank you Henry

Jul 07 05 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Hello eye!

Every time I've look at your portfolio, I get distracted by the other models. They (the shoe model and catalog model) get top billing.

Jul 07 05 05:48 pm Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 
Hello eye!

Every time I've look at your portfolio, I get distracted by the other models. They (the shoe model and catalog model) get top billing.

Point well taken Sir.  Unfortunately I will be second billing until the Primal Sweat Shoot out is over  since my port was the easiest way to show the comps and location for the shoot. But if you can see past them can you give some input on the "aye" pics?  Thanks aye!

Jul 07 05 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

George Butler and HenryS gave you excellent advice.

Think about showing your inner self more. Don't hide behind props or Primal Sweat Flyers. Be out front and open up infront of the camera. Think about ways to engage the viewer...

A lot depends on what direction you want to take and your goals with your photos.

Jul 07 05 06:14 pm Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

Well I'd like to rebuild my commercial book.  I book a lot of main stream tradeshow work and have been told I have a nice lifestyle look along with a very pretty voice.

I would also like to strengthen my alternative portfolio

Jul 07 05 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by aye provide: 
Well I'd like to rebuild my commercial book.  I book a lot of main stream tradeshow work and have been told I have a nice lifestyle look along with a very pretty voice.

I would also like to strengthen my alternative portfolio

I'd be interested in seeing some lifestyle/editorial images from you for a commercial look. I think if you can show a good range of emotions in them, it will work for you as an alternative model as well.

Jul 07 05 07:50 pm Link