Forums > Critique > Image input.

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Just added 2 new images, the same except for an added effect. Curious as to what you're thoughts are.. Is one better then the other, both the same or just crap and i should toss me gear in the ocean..  The last stated with a bit of sarcasm..  :-)

Honest answers please.. Feel free to put any ego I have in check with any others...

Thanks..

Jul 06 05 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

What if we know the answer already?

Jul 06 05 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Posted by Jack D Trute: 
What if we know the answer already?

Then regale me fleabag!!!  :-)  And thank you for the comment on Blue lagoon..   But what did you think between the first 2 in the port??

Hope your paw is feeling better...  Oh yea, have snausage on me!

Jul 06 05 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Just bump bump bumpn' along.....  I'm startin' to think the gear needs to get tossed.. The only comment and it's from a dog...  *sigh* :-/

Jul 06 05 07:34 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

First my human must say that your image "Dreams" is so very sexy.  He likes very much and went to the bathroom for some reason.

The image in question.  Both myself and my human thinks that the unphotoshopped image is better.  Or maybe just a slight use of the technique is needed.  The normal looks a touch raw which I like but maybe a little bit might be pleasing.

Will be back with an unbiased critique in one moment.

Jul 06 05 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

An unbiased response was....

"The one with the effect looks muddy and it looks like a bad photo or a mistake.  The unfixed image is brighter and clearer.  I like the clearer image better."

Straight from a unconnected viewer.

My additional thoughts, Maybe if you worked on the fixed image with levels or curves and maybe a bit of red put back in. 

Jul 06 05 08:03 pm Link

Model

Jayson Dancy

Memphis, Tennessee, US

Don't toss your gear man! Now to give my oppinion, I think that the one by the ocean that hasn't been photoshoped is the best of the two, don't fix it if it ain't broke!

Jul 06 05 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Posted by Keith aka Wolfie: 
Just added 2 new images, the same except for an added effect. Curious as to what you're thoughts are..

I like the one without the soft focus/blur/haze effect, better. But the one that's sharper - mmm.. her expression looks angry. What did you do to such a pretty girl to make her so mad at you?

My favorite shot of your set is "Dreams" - she is SMMMMOKIN' and the whole concept is really well executed.

GWC

Jul 06 05 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Thanks to all who commented!! Much appreciated.. And Jack, for a mutt you're pretty informative!!  :-)

And for those that have commented on "Dreams", that is Angela Sora and she is now listed on the site.. I should get of my ass and put her number so you can find her.. She is very much worthwhile to shoot with..

Jul 06 05 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I don't dig the PS personally.

I also am a bit distracted by the fact that she looks to have only one leg.

I'm so anal...sorry.

Jul 06 05 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 
I don't dig the PS personally.

I also am a bit distracted by the fact that she looks to have only one leg.

I'm so anal...sorry.

You're not anal, just honest..  And thanks for the input...  And I'll have to look at the leg.. Didn't even notice...  Better get the glasses checked.. :-)

Jul 06 05 11:10 pm Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

I am at the airport....getting ready to board a plane out of FL when all of a sudden I notice this!  Well, I am not mad in the pic...I don't think...  I do use different expressions...and I personally like the untouched version...the one is much to blurry, if maybe a little blurry..it would be good, but I seem to be blending in with the ocean behind me.  But, I am going to check on that leg thing...last time I looked down I had two legs..lol.  C-Ya later!!

McKenzie

Jul 07 05 04:23 pm Link