Forums > Critique > Please critique

Makeup Artist

Anita Deanne

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys! Please check out my pics! I need some feedback, im fairly new to the industry and appreciate any input!

Jul 07 05 03:52 am Link

Photographer

EG Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Hi Anita, you were on the right track with the headshots, especially for a MUA they're more important than medium-length shots or full-length ones... the only prob I can see is that they're too small right now, seems like they were just copies of thumbnails

Jul 07 05 04:03 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

There are 5 or 6 photos with what looks like the same hair style, and it really stands out as being repeated.

As in life, variety is the spice.

Jul 07 05 09:19 am Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

I can't tell your skills as a MUA from the shots you have posted. You need shots where detail in the eyes, lips, shadows, etc. can be seen. Check out some of the cosmetic ads to get a better idea of what I mean.

Jul 07 05 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

Posted by Fred Brown: 
I can't tell your skills as a MUA from the shots you have posted. You need shots where detail in the eyes, lips, shadows, etc. can be seen. Check out some of the cosmetic ads to get a better idea of what I mean.

I agree with Fred. You need some closeup shots of the eye and mouth areas since that's where most of the detail work will be.

Jul 07 05 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

You didn't say if you're also doing hair, but the pics you have posted, primarily seem to have the same hair. There should be a variety of looks (one image per look).
I also echo what's been said about detail.

John

Jul 07 05 05:48 pm Link