Forums > Critique > New and Improving

Photographer

cjid

Huntington Beach, California, US

Hello everyone
I joined not too long ago
I posted a few pics...tell me what you think
I am also curious to know what everyone is using out there as far as lighting.
What did you start off with and what do you use now?

Jul 07 05 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

cjid

Huntington Beach, California, US

Well its been about 2 months and no one has replied
So I'm revising this
Asking the same questions as above and:
Models.........
How quick would you be to work with me from reading my profile and seeign my pics?
Do you get GWC or can you see potential?
Just curious to see what vibe I give off

Sep 13 05 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

J. Stakeman

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Start out with natural light and a reflector...

Your shots against the black fabric... you can tell its fabric... so you probably need to shoot with the model farther away from the back ground...

Portfolio is fairly GWCish... probably that's why there aren't many comments on it, so that said if I was a model I wouldn't think I was going to get any portfolio pieces from you...

You are in Detroit, take some good outdoor urban landscape kind of stuff… open up the aperture keep it out of focus.. if you can't get a model... grab friends and do some gritty urban realism stuff... more lifestyle bent to it, which is better for your market anyway?

Nobody does lifestyle here, its strange... most of the work out their is lifestyle kinds of shoots its what all the fashion shooters here in NY are getting replaced with.

So go out shoot some well composed images... if you are having problems with light... switch the black and white... its easier to see.. do Brooklyn proud.

Sep 13 05 06:35 pm Link