Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Most Unique Makeup Artist Name

Photographer

FierceFotographia

Duluth, Georgia, US

When you log onto Model Mayhem you see the names of different VIP featured Tog, MUAs, and other people in the industry. I wanted to  hear what are some of the most unique, wierd, coolest, or just plain neat names of people here on Model Mayhem.

For example, my MUA company name is "Flawlessly Fierce". My photography is 'Fierce Fotographia". I thought those were kinda unique.

I saw an MUA earlier today named "Warpaint" (I thought that was cute).

What are some other names of companies on here that are unique, cool, wierd, or just plain neat...?

Mar 30 09 03:30 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Stephanie May Artistry

Lewistown, Pennsylvania, US

Mine isn't necessarily unique.. but I thought it was cute. "In Your Face"  It also suits my personality.. I am a very blunt and honest type of person.. I don't sugar coat anything..

Mar 30 09 03:39 pm Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

The most unique names are the artists' names themselves.  You're pretty much guaranteed to be the only one, then. smile

Mar 30 09 03:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jordan Liberty

New York, New York, US

Alexander Tome wrote:
The most unique names are the artists' names themselves.  You're pretty much guaranteed to be the only one, then. smile

Word.

Mar 30 09 03:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SarahKay

Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia

Alexander Tome wrote:

This is what i'm using, but Sarah Kay makeup artist just sounds so bloody stupid

Mar 30 09 03:56 pm Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

ModelistaSarah wrote:
This is what i'm using, but Sarah Kay makeup artist just sounds so bloody stupid

Not at all! Sarah Kay Makeup is short, simple, and memorable. I love it.

Mar 30 09 03:58 pm Link

Model

Manda Marie88

Chicago, Illinois, US

In Your Face Make-up  wrote:
Mine isn't necessarily unique.. but I thought it was cute. "In Your Face"  It also suits my personality.. I am a very blunt and honest type of person.. I don't sugar coat anything..

i love yours and the word play smile

Mar 30 09 04:00 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SarahKay

Alexander Tome wrote:

Not at all! Sarah Kay Makeup is short, simple, and memorable. I love it.

You are now my favourite, i'll have to stop stalking Jordan. Hehe.

Mar 30 09 04:02 pm Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

ModelistaSarah wrote:

One of the joys of the internet is that you can stalk more than one person at a time. All you need is tab browsing on Mozilla. smile

Mar 30 09 04:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SarahKay

Alexander Tome wrote:

One of the joys of the internet is that you can stalk more than one person at a time. All you need is tab browsing on Mozilla. smile

That I have, but Jordan led me astray. He said there was contouring in Kevyns new book, which there isn't. Now i'm sad, lol.
I love Mozilla, beats IE anyday

Mar 30 09 04:08 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Aziza Walker

New York, New York, US

Alexander Tome wrote:

Yep! By the way, how do you pronounce your last name? Is it Tome as in a book or To-may?

Mar 30 09 04:11 pm Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

ModelistaSarah wrote:
That I have, but Jordan led me astray. He said there was contouring in Kevyns new book, which there isn't. Now i'm sad, lol.
I love Mozilla, beats IE anyday

Ouch, perhaps he just mistook it for another of his books? There's contouring in Making Faces.

Mozilla runs the world.

OK, sorry for the hijack!

Mar 30 09 04:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jordan Liberty

New York, New York, US

ModelistaSarah wrote:

Whatever, hoe. sad

Mar 30 09 04:13 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

RO SHARRRrrrrrrr!  RRRrrrrrr!

Makeup Artist

Aziza Walker

New York, New York, US

Lisa Johnson Makeup wrote:
RO SHARRRrrrrrrr!  RRRrrrrrr!

Haha! Is that his real name?

Makeup Artist

SarahKay

Jordan Liberty wrote:

Whatever, hoe. sad

Oh i'm sorry, i'm secretly still stalking you. smilesmile

Mar 30 09 04:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SarahKay

Alexander Tome wrote:

Ouch, perhaps he just mistook it for another of his books? There's contouring in Making Faces.

Mozilla runs the world.

OK, sorry for the hijack!

Thank you!! Shall have to go and buy it. Or rather order it coz our book stores are so shit they don't stock it

Mar 30 09 04:15 pm Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

ModelistaSarah wrote:
Thank you!! Shall have to go and buy it. Or rather order it coz our book stores are so shit they don't stock it

Well, you have the most beautiful beaches in the world. Life is a trade off.

Mar 30 09 04:39 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Vanessa Dawn- Jhaesayte

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ya I thought Roshar was cooooooool!

Mar 30 09 04:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Krystyn L

San Marcos, Texas, US

I just changed my mayhem name but my company nsme is Ashstyn-Lex. It combines my and my three kids names. Im a dork. I know it.

Mar 30 09 05:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Aeni

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Lol! I'm gonna have to tell Rachel someone thought she has a cool name!

Mar 30 09 07:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Fierce About Face

Akron, Ohio, US

I just stumbled across someone called "mugbeater" and thought it was adorable!

Mar 30 09 07:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

Los Angeles, California, US

Aw thx Lisa and Jhaesayte!

Yup Roshar is my real name.

Thank you hippy parents!

Mar 30 09 07:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

From hearing my name people dont know what to expect before they meet me.

They then see this white boy (with a tan) and are suprised...lol

Mar 30 09 07:59 pm Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

ghost

Mar 30 09 07:59 pm Link

Model

NatalyaNightshade

Tampa, Florida, US

mine was "pretty poison", but after a few months it made me want to vomit. cutesy names are too damn gimmicky.

tjmbennett is my first 3 initials & last name
some people call me tiffany, some people call me jai marie (my middle name) but either way, it's all there. tjmbennett works for me!!

Mar 30 09 08:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Aziza Walker

New York, New York, US

TJMBennett MUA wrote:
mine was "pretty poison", but after a few months it made me want to vomit. cutesy names are too damn gimmicky.

Hahaha!!! For real though.

OT: I am so delighted to see not one but TWO other Tampa artists posting on the board. In Your Face Makeup and TJMBennett. Tampa's moving up! Woot! Maybe the next Makeup Show will be hosted here?

/threadjack

Mar 30 09 08:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SarahKay

TJMBennett MUA wrote:

Agreed about cutesy names.
I was going to used Reveal Your Beauty makeup, but after being on here and a bit of research it seems the most common and famous mua use their name. Saves me registering a business name anyway

Mar 30 09 08:59 pm Link

Model

NatalyaNightshade

Tampa, Florida, US

Ur in Tampa?! We all need to get together! All the NY & LA-ers get to have fun with each other, why can't we? Tampa MUA convention '09?

p.s. not to be vulgar, but i would totally shit if the Make Up Show came to tampa... i. would. die. smile

i think i just super high-jacked.. but it'll be alright wink

Mar 30 09 09:01 pm Link

Model

NatalyaNightshade

Tampa, Florida, US

ModelistaSarah wrote:

Agreed about cutesy names.
I was going to used Reveal Your Beauty makeup, but after being on here and a bit of research it seems the most common and famous mua use their name. Saves me registering a business name anyway

yeah, i thought the same thing. u dont see any tears with "lyyyke omgahh ur face is faaaab make-up artistry" lol. keep it simple!

Mar 30 09 09:02 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Aziza Walker

New York, New York, US

TJMBennett MUA wrote:
Ur in Tampa?! We all need to get together! All the NY & LA-ers get to have fun with each other, why can't we? Tampa MUA convention '09?

p.s. not to be vulgar, but i would totally shit if the Make Up Show came to tampa... i. would. die. smile

Pm'ing you!

Mar 30 09 09:04 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SarahKay

TJMBennett MUA wrote:

yeah, i thought the same thing. u dont see any tears with "lyyyke omgahh ur face is faaaab make-up artistry" lol. keep it simple!

ROFL that cracked me up. I'm so registering that name!

Mar 30 09 09:10 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Zena Saab

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Sarah Kay has a nice ring to it.

I could not think of anything better for me, and I was in a hurry to think of something...
I'm also in the process of brainstorming new name.
could just go with Zena, I spose....
ooh, how about "the look of zena"
mmm, no...scratch that...

Mar 30 09 09:10 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SarahKay

I guess coz I hear it every day I hate it, lol. Hate my last name, can't wait to get married (hint hint to my partner, lol)

Mar 30 09 09:13 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lindsey R Smith

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

I had to add my middle initial in, because seriously... how many Lindsey Smiths are there? A million... I bet 200 of them are makeup artists....

So I'm Lindsey R. Smith... maybe only 3 makeup artists with that name smile

Mar 30 09 09:22 pm Link

Makeup Artist

War Paint

FierceFotographia wrote:
When you log onto Model Mayhem you see the names of different VIP featured Tog, MUAs, and other people in the industry. I wanted to  hear what are some of the most unique, wierd, coolest, or just plain neat names of people here on Model Mayhem.

For example, my MUA company name is "Flawlessly Fierce". My photography is 'Fierce Fotographia". I thought those were kinda unique.

I saw an MUA earlier today named "Warpaint" (I thought that was cute).

What are some other names of companies on here that are unique, cool, wierd, or just plain neat...?

Thanks for the compliment on the name:)

Mar 31 09 10:33 am Link

Makeup Artist

Stephanie May Artistry

Lewistown, Pennsylvania, US

TJMBennett MUA wrote:

813 REPRESENT!!!

Mar 31 09 10:40 am Link

Hair Stylist

Angel Graves

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

I agree with Alexander, your own name is the most unique thing smile
I mean honestly have you ever met someone named Angel Graves before?  Chances are no and I'm pretty unique myself so I will definitely stick in your mind lol  People really do think most times that I made that up but it's my real deal name, thank you to my ex husband tongue  I kept the last name and our daughter. . .  I got the best of our marriage after it was over lol

I do really like Jordan's and Roshar's names tho. . . far more interesting than mine smile
I like a few other things I've run across too but War Paint, Pretty Deadly Styles, Gothique, Tatoo23, and some other names that are very representative of the work behind them really make a statement.  First pic I remember of the War Paint profile was very a bold model with a fierce face, and is now stuck in my head every time I read the name smile  Pretty Deadly Styles association pic was one of Jessika Violet lying on a floor surrounded by Barbie's that matched her hair lol  and you get the idea smile

Mar 31 09 11:56 am Link

Makeup Artist

Aziza Walker

New York, New York, US

In Your Face Make-up  wrote:
813 REPRESENT!!!

Word!
*poses in b-girl stance*

But yeah...none of the big artists use company names.

I guess this can be useful when a group of artists are collectively working together.

Mar 31 09 12:27 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Vanessa Dawn- Jhaesayte

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hmm I don't go by a name. I just use Jhaesayte for everything online that I do really. Thinking up a name for my hopefully-soon-in-the-future cosmetics line right now.

Mar 31 09 12:30 pm Link