Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Photoshop Artists...

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Good stuff. I wish I had a 1/1,000,000 of the ability those people posses.

Apr 08 09 05:48 pm Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

Bumping an old thread...some very good new additions there!

May 07 09 10:28 pm Link

Photographer

Hipgnosis Dreams

Dallas, Texas, US

Koray wrote:
Bumping an old thread...some very good new additions there!

I'm glad you did.  I lost the bookmark in a reformat smile

May 07 09 11:10 pm Link

Photographer

MisterC

Portland, Oregon, US

Gibson Photo Art wrote:
Good stuff. I wish I had a 1/1,000,000 of the ability those people posses.

That's quite a fraction.

I'd been using PS for about 6 months when I viewed that sight the first time.

Helped me keep my own love of PS work in perspective. I may never achieve the excellent PS skills I am seeking, but I'm going to have fun. I'm OK with that.

May 07 09 11:16 pm Link

Retoucher

Optic Perceptions

Chicago, Illinois, US

Wow,,, I actually thought I was GOOD before I saw that site sad

Guess I have a lot more practice ahead of me this summer.

May 07 09 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

William D Walsh

San Francisco, California, US

whatever happened to cgtalk.com? some of the best people working in photoshop can be found there.

May 07 09 11:40 pm Link

Retoucher

9stitches

Los Angeles, California, US

Is there anyone here NOT slightly embarrassed by the term "Photoshop Wizard"?

I joined years ago before there was such a category and had to take some damn pictures to join as a photographer. Now they've opened the floodgates, there goes the neighborhood, and let in the fix-it-in-Photoshop set, but Wizard? Why did it have to be Wizard? Well at least there's a category for GWC now, maybe I can switch.

But yeah, bump for some good links that ought to raise the bar around here (but won't).

May 07 09 11:47 pm Link

Photographer

Black Russian Studio

New York, New York, US

Robert Randall wrote:
I have long thought that using the word Wizard to describe the Photoshop abominations typically displayed here on MM, is the height of ignorance and stupidity. However slight, the word lends credence to what would normally be considered trash. That credence causes misguided neophytes to suggest they can make a living by preying on the other unsuspecting neophytes that populate MM. Very few are willing to go beyond the latest Katrin Eiseman book, to seek the knowledge necessary to become a quality retoucher. Read the book, join the ranks of the Wizards... stupid.

It comes as no surprise to me that quite possibly the single best link to Photoshop work that I have ever seen, got one visitor. In a lot of ways, many of you deserve one another.

Wizards using magic wand and spells - Photoshop Wizards using magic wand tool and gausian blur! Advanced Photoshop Wizards using magic eraser and glow as well. big_smile
For those who do all retouch with magic wand and blur Wizard is the most appropriate description, just like for most "photographers" out here who using only shooter release and image preview buttoms most appropriate name is GWC! hmm

May 08 09 02:32 am Link