Forums > Events > Group Shoot Albion, MI- Possibly August

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

I was thinking of hosting an group shoot in Albion, MI. It would probably be late July /August. Possibly a 2 day shoot if it would help get some out of state interest. Snacks and Beverages would be provided as well as changing areas and well lit areas for hair and makeup. There will also be wardrobe styling available, although in some cases a small fee may be requested. Lights and backdrops etc. may be brought.  Lunch can also be provided if enough people would like, from a variety of places for a few dollars per person.

Hours would probably be between 10:00 - 8:00  - 10- 9:00. With advance notice I might be able to let you in for set up as early as 9:40.

Albion is 53 miles from Lansing, 54 miles from Ann Arbor,  95 miles from Detroit , 98 miles from Windsor, 103 miles from Fort Wayne, 106 miles from Toledo,  and Amtrak makes daily trips to and from Chicago. If anyone would need a ride from the airport or Amtrak station I'm sure it could be arranged. There are also several hotels in the area.

The cost would probably be $25.00 per person per day at door / $20.00 prepay  Or $50.00 for both days / $40.00 prepay for both days  for models & photographers. I ask that MUAs /hairstylists /wardrobe stylists/ designers planning on charging a kit  fee please contact me so we could discuss your entrance fee. Those providing services tfp would get in free.

Due to the nature of the building I'm going to say in general no nudes (although I think body paint / implied may be acceptable in some areas), and no bondage. However there may be exceptions, if you think your shoot merits one, contact me and I'll see what I can do. Despite this general rule I'm saying models must be over 18 to save photographers any hassle, and must have a form of ID.

Because of space the most we could have is 45 models and 35 photographers each day. (I'm allowing for stylists, assistants in this number.)

These are photos of the primary location, outdoors and first floor. The renovation of the basement will be complete by August as well, so that will also be available.  I have contacts on the board of directors so I can probably get better ones sans tables once I confirm with them.

https://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/asterope_2008/P1010326.jpg https://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/asterope_2008/front-at-night.jpg

https://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/asterope_2008/m.jpg https://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/asterope_2008/888.jpg https://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/asterope_2008/n.jpg https://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/asterope_2008/nnn.jpg

*Also as it gets darker I can turn the ceiling lamps into black lights on in some areas... (I thought it was worth note)

If there is enough interest I may open up the ballroom/theatre/runway area of my mother's boutique for one of the days ( a former Masonic temple)  which is less than a block away, (just follow the sidewalk). I have contacts within the chamber of commerce and all business groups in town so I may be able to get shooting access to a third location as well.
outside boutique:
https://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/asterope_2008/Bellisima_storefront_799x60.gif

Let me know if there's interest (and for what dates),  also if you know the dates to MI / OH August group shoots.

Interested :

Staff:
Alex N #222108 / asterope #530343

Photographers:
Jose G Photo #250362
Starrynight Photography #700860
Timothy Nolan #3574
Didoszak Photography #538368
Frozen Moments Photo #293058
f11photography #39309
RSII Photography #1048336
barneyphoto #42874
Lumigraphics #328211
Art Schotz #52971
Jeff Washburn #1107882

Models:
Alex N #222108
Cecilia aka Cici #851050
Virginia Blues #839683
Butchthepirate #372022
Brandi_Renee Mayhem #828036
CNyle #454401
Bella Eden #756309

MUAS / body painters:

Hairstylists:

Wardrobe Stylists/ Designers:

asterope #530343

Apr 09 09 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Brian_Bacon

Swartz Creek, Michigan, US

My question is: What is this building? Does the city own it? is it on campus? What's it used for basically. The other thing to note is that you would get a HUGE response if nudity was allowes. But that's just my two cents worth.

Apr 09 09 08:18 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Brian_Bacon wrote:
My question is: What is this building? Does the city own it? is it on campus? What's it used for basically. The other thing to note is that you would get a HUGE response if nudity was allowes. But that's just my two cents worth.

It's usually used for community gatherings, graduation parties, wedding receptions, and community events. I know several board members and can almost guarantee they won't want most nude photography associated with it. It's just how it is, sadly. The boutique / former Masonic temple caters to bridal and prom so again family oriented. And both in a small town. However, if people stay overnight at a hotel, there's no restrictions there and the people would already be gathered.

Apr 09 09 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

StarryNight Photography

South Bend, Indiana, US

Definitely interested, and will for sure let you know once more details are worked out. Albion is only a two hour drive for me, so not bad at all. smile

Apr 09 09 08:32 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

StarryNight Photography wrote:
Definitely interested, and will for sure let you know once more details are worked out. Albion is only a two hour drive for me, so not bad at all. smile

Any date preferences? (Fridays and Saturdays)

Apr 09 09 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Yeah it’s a gorgeous building...but the no-nudes would probably kill it for me. I'd say if nudes are NOT allowed then open it to under 18, though. No reason not to and there are some great teenaged models and photographers around.

The location is great though, on I-94 and close to Ohio and Indiana.

I'd have to wait until MUCH closer to decide anyway.

Apr 09 09 08:36 pm Link

Model

Ceecilia

New York, New York, US

I would be interested...I'd like to see more photos of the place though!

Apr 09 09 08:38 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Lumigraphics wrote:
Yeah it’s a gorgeous building...but the no-nudes would probably kill it for me. I'd say if nudes are NOT allowed then open it to under 18, though. No reason not to and there are some great teenaged models and photographers around.

The location is great though, on I-94 and close to Ohio and Indiana.

I'd have to wait until MUCH closer to decide anyway.

Teen-aged photographers are fine, so are models eighteen years and older. A lot of photographers, would rather not risk it with younger models, and like I said with implied and such... Also younger models usually means parents which ups the number of people and the fee for everyone involved.

Still as with everything else I may be open to some exceptions. On a case by case basis.

Apr 09 09 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

J Vida

Toledo, Ohio, US

I say leave it 18+ as many photographers wont shoot minors unless a parent accompanies them to sign the release. I'd be interested in attending.

Apr 09 09 08:46 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Cecilia aka Cici wrote:
I would be interested...I'd like to see more photos of the place though!

I'll be getting them once we have enough interest. The basement photos won't be ready until late July though in all likelihood, as it's being re-done. I'll mark you down as interested for now though.

Apr 09 09 08:48 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Jose G Photo wrote:
I say leave it 18+ as many photographers wont shoot minors unless a parent accompanies them to sign the release. I'd be interested in attending.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks Jose.

Apr 09 09 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

StarryNight Photography

South Bend, Indiana, US

Alex N wrote:

Any date preferences? (Fridays and Saturdays)

I know Saturdays work best for me personally. I'm still in college, and will be taking three classes over the summer. smile

Apr 09 09 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Jose G Photo wrote:

You aren't even allowed to THINK about nude models Jose! No boobs for you tongue

Apr 09 09 09:41 pm Link

Model

Ceecilia

New York, New York, US

I know Saturdays work best for me personally. I'm still in college, and will be taking three classes over the summer. smile

same!

Apr 09 09 09:44 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Cecilia aka Cici wrote:

same!

One of the days will be a Saturday. Depending on interest and I may also do a Friday or Sunday. Mostly I just need date preferences.

Apr 09 09 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

StarryNight Photography

South Bend, Indiana, US

Well, I know that the Historic Theatre Group Shoot in Toledo is going to be the last weekend in August (the 29th). I don't know what else is going on that month in the general radius, as for the other weekends.

Apr 09 09 10:14 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Lumigraphics wrote:

You aren't even allowed to THINK about nude models Jose! No boobs for you tongue

He can think about them. As long as I don't get harassment complaints he can even imagine everyone nude. He can even draw pictures of imagined nude people. As long isn't doesn't complicate things for me, I'm fine.

Apr 09 09 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

Timothy Nolan

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

*perk*

mebe!

Apr 09 09 11:55 pm Link

Model

Virginia Blues

Warren, Arkansas, US

Interested as long as you don't pick August 8th. Because I will be in Canada. As drunk as possible without puking.

big_smile

wow that sounds classy doesn't it? hehe.

Edit: I would still go the Friday before. If you did friday/saturday.

Apr 10 09 12:04 am Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Virginia Blues wrote:
Interested as long as you don't pick August 8th. Because I will be in Canada. As drunk as possible without puking.

big_smile

wow that sounds classy doesn't it? hehe.

Edit: I would still go the Friday before. If you did friday/saturday.

Class is relative. I've seen and heard worse.

Apr 10 09 12:11 am Link

Photographer

Image Rooster

Dillon, Colorado, US

No workshops, no nudes = will probably equate to a lower than desired turnout.

Why stifle creativity? Those desiring a venue that allows those items are usually the ones who pay.

Apr 10 09 03:01 am Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Image Rooster wrote:
No workshops, no nudes = will probably equate to a lower than desired turnout.

Why stifle creativity? Those desiring a venue that allows those items are usually the ones who pay.

I just wanted it said I'm not trying to stifle creativity. In fact I would hope a group shoot would bring out creativity & collaborative efforts. I'm not anti-nude. This venue simply has restrictions. (I'm even willing to try work with anyone who might truly 'need' an exception to said restrictions.) If people don't feel there's anything offered for them they don't have to come.  However people reminding me of something I know and that ultimately is out of my hands serves little purpose.

Apr 10 09 05:15 am Link

Photographer

Didoszak Photography

Livonia, Michigan, US

I be interested depending on the date!

Apr 10 09 05:24 am Link

Photographer

StarryNight Photography

South Bend, Indiana, US

Bumping this back to the front page, to help generate interest. smile

Apr 10 09 10:46 am Link

Photographer

Frozen Moments

San Antonio, Texas, US

I am interested, as long as the date does not conflict with the Roseville prison shoot. I have been wondering when you would host another one of these.

Apr 10 09 01:52 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Bumping this back to the front page, to help generate interest. smile

Thank you.

Apr 10 09 06:34 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Frozen Moments Photo wrote:
I am interested, as long as the date does not conflict with the Roseville prison shoot. I have been wondering when you would host another one of these.

I'm pretty sure it won't as I really want to attnd the Roseville prison shoot.

Apr 10 09 06:35 pm Link

Model

Butchthepirate

Los Angeles, California, US

I am interested. Summer would be best for me.

Apr 10 09 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

f11photography

Northville, Michigan, US

I'm interested.

Apr 11 09 03:54 am Link

Photographer

RSII Photography

CLINTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan, US

I am interested as well.

Apr 11 09 07:34 am Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Updated interest list; would much appreciate if everyone could spread the word as I'll need at least 40 -50 people interested to go forward with booking and setting a date.

Apr 11 09 08:55 am Link

Photographer

StarryNight Photography

South Bend, Indiana, US

Alex N wrote:
Updated interest list; would much appreciate if everyone could spread the word as I'll need at least 40 -50 people interested to go forward with booking and setting a date.

I'll start spreading it around like wildfire. wink

Apr 11 09 03:14 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

I'll start spreading it around like wildfire. wink

Thanks.

Apr 11 09 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

barneyphoto

Novi, Michigan, US

Alex,
I would like to attend this shoot.
Please put me on your list.

Thanks,

Bill Barnard

Apr 11 09 08:30 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

barneyphoto wrote:
Alex,
I would like to attend this shoot.
Please put me on your list.

Thanks,

Bill Barnard

Done.

Apr 11 09 08:44 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

anyone else have interest?

Apr 12 09 10:06 am Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Still a maybe- August is a long ways off, I might have a job by then, who knows.

Apr 12 09 10:15 am Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Lumigraphics wrote:
Still a maybe- August is a long ways off, I might have a job by then, who knows.

I'll add you to the list, it's just for possibly interested parties, so if you decide not to come no one will be upset or anything.

Photographers, feel free to invite models...

Apr 12 09 01:00 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

bump

Apr 12 09 08:31 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Photo bump...
https://modelmayhm-3.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090401/15/49d3efe598977.jpg
Erin @ Circus Prom Preview Runway Show
Photo by Lumigraphics
(taken in 3rd ballroom/theatre/runway of boutique which I might open up if we have enough interest.)

Apr 13 09 06:13 am Link