Forums > Critique > feedback for updated portfolio please?

Model

Silver Oak

Houston, Alaska, US

My modeling school had a photo shoot for us two weeks ago and we finally received them. I know I need to work on my smile alot, but what else do y'all see?

Of course I forgot everything they taught us about posing, but the photographer was very nice and helpful so that was cool.

Jul 10 05 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

digital_susie

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

well it our job to make sure we get the best out of our models. Well I feel that way anyhow. But I have to say the photo you have as your avator is defently the best one. Its really had to focus on you, when the photography is so bad. But thats because Im a photographer, and I have a certain quality I stick by, even if it is a TFP shot.

The reason why I say the photographs are bad is because on atleast to of them, the ones where your standing it looks to me they have exposed on the background, and you have sort of gotten lost there. Maybe you should suggest to the photographer that they should use a reflector.

Jul 11 05 11:25 am Link

Model

Silver Oak

Houston, Alaska, US

Thanks for taking the time to evaluate Susie! They are model school pics and  don't think they pay the photographer very well....so, you get what you pay for. It was odd because it was so hot outside and there was traffic moving behind me that she was timing to try and miss! When comp card time comes I'll probably go in search of a local "best" photographer and get my pics done right.

Thanks again!

Jul 11 05 11:33 am Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

Personally I think modeling schools are B.S. but what do I know? The poses are fine but I would suggest you work on your facial expressions. In two of them you either look like your in pain or confused. But other than that they are fine. Keep getting practice and good luck!

Jul 11 05 12:05 pm Link