Forums > Model Colloquy > Any models on models.com?

Photographer

PF Paul

San Francisco, California, US

How has it worked for you, if at all?

Jul 10 05 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Turner

Manassas, Virginia, US

I've only been on the site for a month or so, and I've had one shoot with a model from this site.  She's the one on my avatar.  One thing that does annoy me is when I send a message to someone on the site, asking them to sit for me, and the only reply I ever get is a "friend" request.  I don't need friends, I need models.  Sometimes I get the feeling that some people make a page only to be able to say that they're models, not to actually do any modeling.  But, on the whole, the site has been a good experience for me, and, my ranting aside, I've enjoyed it. 

Jul 10 05 07:32 pm Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

I came here from models.com. For the most part, they're geared towards 16-21 year old FASHION models located in NEW YORK CITY. they've been selling memberships solely on empty promises of more things for commercial types and those outside of NYC for years and never delivering the results.

Jul 11 05 01:56 am Link

Model

Ashley-Tatum

Washington, Arkansas, US

models.com was a complete waste of money for me and i will not be renewing my membership.

Jul 12 05 08:49 pm Link

Model

Tabitha

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I have to agree with you Ashley. It was a waste of money for me as well, and I certainly will not be renewing my membership either.

Jul 13 05 02:29 pm Link

Model

Morgan Lynn

Chicago, Illinois, US

I just joined last week.  I'll have to see how it goes.

Jul 15 05 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Anthony Citrano

Venice, California, US

seems dead there, i agree.

Jul 15 05 03:41 pm Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by Morgan Lynn: 
I just joined last week.  I'll have to see how it goes.

ask for your money back now before it is too late.

Jul 15 05 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Aimercat...I think U where on models.com back when it was free.  A few years ago?  Back when the mass exedus to FoF took place.  If I am remembering correctly that was back when Eric Striffler, Kymber (of Miss Ohio & Survivor fame), Robert Bruce Duncan, and Christian Bhaer were also members.  I would say that was...4 years ago.  How is the acting going?

Jul 17 05 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Turner

Manassas, Virginia, US

Sorry about my reply above.  I misunderstood the question.

Jul 17 05 07:49 pm Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by bencook2: 
Aimercat...I think U where on models.com back when it was free.  A few years ago?  Back when the mass exedus to FoF took place.  If I am remembering correctly that was back when Eric Striffler, Kymber (of Miss Ohio & Survivor fame), Robert Bruce Duncan, and Christian Bhaer were also members.  I would say that was...4 years ago.  How is the acting going?

I just left there at the end of May. 2000-2005 aka the reign of "Satan"

acting going well.

Jul 18 05 02:39 am Link

Model

justyna_b

Ottawa, Illinois, US

its worked out ok for me, i met with NEXT, Wilhelmina,  Satchi Management, Summit and International Model Management. I ended up signing with Summit and am happy with the results... . but i do have to admit that it is really geared towards 16-18 year old NY area models.... which is really disapointing, i don't think in all honesty that i'll be renewing my membership.....

~j

Jul 20 05 11:42 am Link

Model

Madame Cosmos

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Posted by Aimercat: 
I came here from models.com. For the most part, they're geared towards 16-21 year old FASHION models located in NEW YORK CITY. they've been selling memberships solely on empty promises of more things for commercial types and those outside of NYC for years and never delivering the results.

Yeah I canceled my membership.
I only got about 2 jobs that paid anything decent, the other times (6 or 7), I was screwed out of either my money, my image, or my copyright's or both. & one of those times my image was sold to an adult content site wihtout permission, I Just happened to find  out about it.
others might not be so lucky.

Jul 20 05 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Posted by Cestra Winslow: 

Posted by Aimercat: 

Yeah I canceled my membership.
I only got about 2 jobs that paid anything decent, the other times (6 or 7), I was screwed out of either my money, my image, or my copyright's or both. & one of those times my image was sold to an adult content site wihtout permission, I Just happened to find  out about it.
others might not be so lucky.

While I have my own reasons for not being happy with MDC I think this post is kind of misleading.

MDC is doesn't offer anyone jobs or shoots, there is a casting and open call forum, but the main functions of the site are that you get a portfolio that is searchable by many legit & top agencies and agents whom are approved by MDC. They can search by area and other criteria they punch in such as height, stats, hair color etc. When one of those people or agencies contacts you it shows up as an official MDC contact, something that only those approved agencies and people can do. So then you know they've at least been vetted to some degree and the MDC staff have real world contact and relationships to real agencies.

Many MDC models have gotten contacts from top agencies through MDC and have been signed. The only other potential benefit are the forums and what you might or might not learn there. But any contacts you make with random photographers or others through the forums, through the email or from the casting call forums are simply between you and the people you contact just like in here, they are not arranged, sponsored or endorsed by MDC. It's not the function of the site to find you jobs or to have anything to do with, or be responsible for, any jobs or shoots you happen to arrange with other members and they don't claim to do so.

But before people get too excited about the prospect getting signed through MDC and running out to throw them your money, the agencies use the same criteria they always do and if you don't fit with that being on MDC isn't going to help you. It might be a convenient or easy way to be seen, but anyone who gets signed through them would have probably also been signed by attending open calls or sending in pictures on their own.

Jul 20 05 04:58 pm Link