Forums > Critique > I am such a feedback whore :-)

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Comment on my pictures and I'll dance for you!

*goes to get the formal flip flops*

Jul 10 05 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I've seen you dance, so I ain't commenting!

Jul 10 05 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

step outside of yourself and critique yourself.  Once that is done then we will have an easier time of knowing where to start.

Jul 10 05 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

It's time to go back to basics.  You have a few nice pics but some are over-exposed and some are under-exposed.  Surely you can get the exposure correct.

Paul

Jul 10 05 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Posted by Paul Ferrara: 
It's time to go back to basics.  You have a few nice pics but some are over-exposed and some are under-exposed.  Surely you can get the exposure correct.

Paul

Thanks, Paul.

Which ones are overexposed? Would you mind putting comments on individual shots? Are any of the new ones with BabySnakes or Sysamsbe suffering form those issues?

I know Kate 5, Sarah 2, and Diana 1 are blown out a bit, but I keep them in the porttfolio because I love the facial expressions or the colors. Are they too far gone?

My training is in film directing and producing, so my eye is not very practiced with that sort of thing. I tend to go for the extremes in lighting, do it somewhat theatrically, but I'd like to be more accurate if possible.

Ugh, some of the compression artifacts MM adds are really bad. Wish I could just link directly to pics from my own server.

Jul 10 05 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Posted by Jack D Trute: 
step outside of yourself and critique yourself.  Once that is done then we will have an easier time of knowing where to start.

"Yoda In Black and White" by Jack D Trute

I have done that, I think. I mean I've got a manual light meter now and my vision of what a picture should be is coming through much clearer lately.

Jul 10 05 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

I knew I should have paid $30 to copyright feedback whore!
:-)

Star

Jul 11 05 02:04 am Link