Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Retouch PS Actions

Photographer

CSD Studios

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Anyone have any good links to a website that contains good retouch actions for PS? What am I looking for is for an action that sets up all of the layers I need with the proper settings. I have one that I have been using but it creates way more layers than I need and it takes a while to run. I am looking for one with layers for: cleanup, eye brighten, eye remove redness, add catchlight, add hair highlights, etc..

Thanks!

May 19 09 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

silverystars

Allentown, Pennsylvania, US

CSD Studios wrote:
Anyone have any good links to a website that contains good retouch actions for PS? What am I looking for is for an action that sets up all of the layers I need with the proper settings. I have one that I have been using but it creates way more layers than I need and it takes a while to run. I am looking for one with layers for: cleanup, eye brighten, eye remove redness, add catchlight, add hair highlights, etc..

Thanks!

cleanup, eye redness, catchlight, and hair highlights could all be done on a new empty layer.  not sure you need an action for that.

eye brighten could be done on a blank layer set to overlay/soft light blend mode, then use a white brush set to 5% opacity.  not a major action, either.

May 19 09 12:53 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Fullerton, California, US

CSD Studios wrote:

Thanks!

This might sound a bit naive, but have you considered recording your own?

It sounds like you know what you want; why not spend 2-5 minutes recording it? That way you'll have exactly what you want, without having to tweak someone else's solution.

I've found that most prep Actions I've downloaded or been given ended up taking more time to adapt to my workflow than it would have taken in the first place. (Most artistic or effect actions don't fall into this category, but even there, assumptions are often made which aren't valid and which have to be kludged.)

May 19 09 08:13 pm Link