Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Batch watermarking

Photographer

Mike Dote

New York, New York, US

Hey,
I'm interested in creating a watermarking script in photoshop, importing some text from illustrator. How do I do this?

May 22 09 09:36 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Fullerton, California, US

Mike Dote wrote:
Hey,
I'm interested in creating a watermarking script in photoshop, importing some text from illustrator. How do I do this?

There are many different approaches, from complicated (extra files with images to overlay) to simple (using text and Layer Styles) and a huge array of options between simple and complicated.

For one based on Illustrator text, I'd use Russell Brown's approach.

Go to Russell Brown’s Tips and Techniques page and search for ‘Digital Watermark Branding”. He’s got  a video explaining how and a sample Action set to set up watermarks or other kinds of ‘branding’ labels.

If you’d prefer a non-video tutorial, Sean Duggan has one in Layers magazine which details how to use custom shapes (either from Illustrator or native Photoshop) to add logos or watermarks, including how to batch process them.

May 23 09 01:09 am Link

Photographer

profile removed

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

unless you're a masochist there are much better tools/software to batch watermark photos than Photoshop.  This software is free

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

create your logo/watermark in Photoshop,  save it as a transparent PNG file,  use FastStone Resizer to apply the watermark to folder(s) of images,  it also saves better quality smaller file size JPG's than Photoshop.

May 23 09 01:15 am Link

Photographer

Liz Caldwell

Riverside, California, US

I use Photoscape for the same purposes listed by the person above me, it's free smile

May 23 09 01:37 am Link