Forums > Model Colloquy > Where to buy clothing / shoes / accessories thread

Model

Envy

Posts: 11189

Nashville, Tennessee, US

One question I see often here is where to buy shoes, clothes, accessories etc... so I though maybe we needed a thread devoted to sites we shop at or have come across to benefit each other. Below is a list of just a few sites I've bookmarked.

Feel free to add your own.

Clothing & Accessories

http://www.gojane.com
http://15dollarstore.com
http://store.buyhotcouture.com/
http://www.moderncloseouts.com/
http://www.bluefly.com/
http://www.devilsdaughtervintage.com/
http://www.juniortrends.com

Shoes
http://www.electriqueboutique.com/ 
http://www.snaz75.com

May 03 06 04:09 pm Link

May 03 06 04:28 pm Link

Model

Envy

Posts: 11189

Nashville, Tennessee, US

May 03 06 05:36 pm Link

Model

StefanieXXX

Posts: 279

Escondido, California, US

have you actually shopped at the $15store? seems cool but im leary to buy online because of a bad experience where i had to get the bbb involved....

are they any good? they have tons of rampage!!!


check out

flirtcatalog.com
trashy.com
alloy.com
delias.com
fredericksofhollywood.com

May 03 06 05:38 pm Link

Model

NAT

Posts: 312

Huntington, Virginia, US

Envy thanks honey...great thread...

May 03 06 05:39 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Posts: 5865

Seattle, Washington, US

May 04 06 02:33 pm Link

Model

Envy

Posts: 11189

Nashville, Tennessee, US

StefanieXXX wrote:
have you actually shopped at the $15store? are they any good? they have tons of rampage!!!

I've ordered a few things from there. No problems. smile
Alot of these sites I've never shopped from with the exception of a couple. I just bookmark alot of online stores in case I need them in the future.


Nat wrote:
Envy thanks honey...great thread...

Thanks doll. smile You're welcome.

May 04 06 02:37 pm Link

May 05 06 11:12 am Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Posts: 1550

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

StefanieXXX wrote:
have you actually shopped at the $15store? seems cool but im leary to buy online because of a bad experience where i had to get the bbb involved....

are they any good? they have tons of rampage!!!


check out

flirtcatalog.com
trashy.com
alloy.com
delias.com
fredericksofhollywood.com

A lot of stuff in the 15dollarstore.com can be bought cheaper at a discount store like TJ Maxx/Marshalls. Plus you add in shipping and its actually a rip off.

May 05 06 11:15 am Link

Model

Electra T

Posts: 15462

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

wHOA..me and gojane.com go wayy back.

May 05 06 08:51 pm Link

Model

Tiffany Renee

Posts: 15

Envy thank you soooo much! I have been on the internet looking for different places to shop at to get good modeling gear for a decent price. I am the jeans and t-shirt kinda girl so going from that to wearing "high-fashion" pieces has been a bit of a wake-up call when it comes to looking at price tags! Thanks again!

May 06 06 01:48 pm Link

Model

Sara Eliza

Posts: 94

Oldsmar, Florida, US

Hmm what about bathing suits? Really sexy or unique cuts. I'm not looking for thong or g string! Those are easy. But I mean really sexy 2 piece and also 1 pieces with awesome cuts.

Every bathing suit almost looks the same now a days. I can't find anything cool!

May 21 06 01:55 am Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Posts: 3419

Germantown, Maryland, US

Great post Envy.

Krystalskloset.com  has some good deals.

May 21 06 06:03 am Link

Model

Isobel Wren

Posts: 1533

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Envy wrote:
One question I see often here is where to buy shoes, clothes, accessories etc... so I though maybe we needed a thread devoted to sites we shop at or have come across to benefit each other. Below is a list of just a few sites I've bookmarked.

Envy, you are my favorite person today.  this thread is awesome!

May 21 06 09:55 pm Link

Model

Valerie Lynn

Posts: 53

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Great post!!!  I always have no luck when I try to find places to shop online.  Thanks!!!!!!

May 21 06 11:08 pm Link

Model

Broken Angel

Posts: 40

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

www.greatglam.com

I get a lot of my stuff from here. Good quality stuff and decently priced!

May 21 06 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

Thuy Anh

Posts: 5281

Lubbock, Texas, US

Stephan White wrote:
My favorite clothing stores!

http://www.ruehl.com/ruehl/index.html
http://www.abercrombie.com
http://www.hollisterco.com/hol/homepage.html
http://www.expressfashion.com

pretty much all i wear lol

this is exactly what all the highschool kids wear where i live. it's funny.

May 21 06 11:56 pm Link

Photographer

Thuy Anh

Posts: 5281

Lubbock, Texas, US

this is a great thread, i need to check all of these places out. smile

May 21 06 11:58 pm Link

Model

Envy

Posts: 11189

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Aww, thanks guys, I'm just glad to see it's useful to some people and others are submitting their own links. smile

Here's another link for those of you who don't have a forever21 near you.

http://www.forever21.com/default.asp

May 22 06 12:03 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

Posts: 34372

New York, New York, US

Another thread.

Where to buy sexy outfits/swimsutis for photos?
http://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=39349

May 28 06 01:38 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

Posts: 13931

New York, New York, US

plasticland.com

May 28 06 02:27 pm Link

Model

Rena

Posts: 9488

Greenville, North Carolina, US

Isobel Wren wrote:
Envy, you are my favorite person today.  this thread is awesome!

agreed! big_smile

May 28 06 02:36 pm Link

Model

Less Than Two

Posts: 23401

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

I tend to get a lot of my stuff at thrift stores and garage sales. Yes, its a lot less likely that I'll find shiny latex, and I don't really do much lingerie and no swimwear. Otherwise, I find that if you check them often, you'll find both everyday clothing, and stuff to model in/with easily.

May 28 06 02:51 pm Link

Model

Envy

Posts: 11189

Nashville, Tennessee, US

All kinds of stuff here:

http://www.howcool.com/
liquid latex , vinyl, shoes, purses, wigs, swimwear , costumes, leather , etc...

Jun 19 06 06:16 pm Link

Model

Tessa Haviland

Posts: 76

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

Where do you guys find decently priced pants that are long. I go to express, but when there is no sale they're $70 for jeans! I can't afford this! Gap has longs, but they're still expensive and they fall apart pretty fast. I need cheap and long! I hate ordering online too. Things never look quite right...

Jun 20 06 10:05 am Link

Model

Envy

Posts: 11189

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Tessa Haviland wrote:
Where do you guys find decently priced pants that are long. I go to express, but when there is no sale they're $70 for jeans! I can't afford this! Gap has longs, but they're still expensive and they fall apart pretty fast. I need cheap and long! I hate ordering online too. Things never look quite right...

I never have that problem, but I will bump the thread so maybe someone can answer it for you.

Jun 20 06 11:14 am Link

Model

Ells Bells

Posts: 86

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Tessa Haviland wrote:
Where do you guys find decently priced pants that are long. I go to express, but when there is no sale they're $70 for jeans! I can't afford this! Gap has longs, but they're still expensive and they fall apart pretty fast. I need cheap and long! I hate ordering online too. Things never look quite right...

For longer jeans try The Buckle stores.  It's the only store I've found that carries a 35.5" (and a 37) inseam that fits me well.  They are expensive at full price, but the website has a large clearance section.  Otherwise, look on Ebay for BKE or Silver jeans in an extra long.  Hope this helps!

Jun 20 06 12:28 pm Link

Model

Ryan6663

Posts: 900

New York, New York, US

how about like super cheap clothes? lol

i wana for when i get a camera start buying wardrobe to shoot people in, but dont wana spend 20-100 dollars an item.

Jun 20 06 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Thuy Anh

Posts: 5281

Lubbock, Texas, US

Ryan6663 wrote:
how about like super cheap clothes? lol

i wana for when i get a camera start buying wardrobe to shoot people in, but dont wana spend 20-100 dollars an item.

fun places for young women are stores like "Vanity" and "Bloom"  they're cheap, they have a lot of stuff, shirts are like $7, smile  If you have one in your area check it out.  Also go to fabric stores, you can improvise and make them look like skirts and all in photos, it's not like a lot of people can tell unless you tell them or unless you just aren't creative in the ways you use the fabric.

Jun 20 06 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

dissolvegirl

Posts: 297

Northampton, Massachusetts, US

http://www.threewishes.com/ is great for lingerie and good, sexy costuming.

Jun 20 06 03:34 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

Posts: 34372

New York, New York, US

One of the great MM threads.

Others related to this one.

The search for where to find
http://www.modelmayhem.com/search.php?s … mit=Search

where to find wings
http://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=19289

Body Glue...Where To Find , Brand or Name?
http://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=38209

Props - Where to Find
http://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=42676

from that thread.

SayCheeZ! wrote:
This company specializes in selling props, and has a larger inventory than I've seen practically anywhere else!

Where to find commercial photographer's directory
http://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=52738

Where to find vintage clothes?
http://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=55068

where to meet NY designers? (more discussion of what is couture)
http://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=54445


=======

list of body paint / bodypaint threads
http://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=46466

Aug 02 06 11:03 am Link

Model

Envy

Posts: 11189

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Ryan6663 wrote:
how about like super cheap clothes? lol

i wana for when i get a camera start buying wardrobe to shoot people in, but dont wana spend 20-100 dollars an item.

Here in Nashville there is a Goodwill store that gets all the donation overflow from other stores. It's a huge warehouse where the clothes are hung on clothing racks and not sitting on the floor where you have to dig.

The clothes are priced by the pound at $1.49 . Shoes are $2.00 , purses are $2.00  , belts .50 cents

It's not uncommon for me to come across Prada, Diesel, Chanel, Kate Spade, Gucci, etc... because it's such a huge place alot of high ticket items get overlooked.

Check around and see if there is a Goodwill with an overflow warehouse close to you.

Aug 02 06 11:21 am Link

Model

Susi

Posts: 3083

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Envy wrote:

Here in Nashville there is a Goodwill store that gets all the donation overflow from other stores. It's a huge warehouse where the clothes are hung on clothing racks and not sitting on the floor where you have to dig.

The clothes are priced by the pound at $1.49 . Shoes are $2.00 , purses are $2.00  , belts .50 cents

It's not uncommon for me to come across Prada, Diesel, Chanel, Kate Spade, Gucci, etc... because it's such a huge place alot of high ticket items get overlooked.

Check around and see if there is a Goodwill with an overflow warehouse close to you.

Do tell me which Goodwill this is Envy?  I'd love to go treasure hunting next time I'm in Nashvegas.  Let's go shopping!!! :-)

Aug 02 06 02:26 pm Link

Model

Envy

Posts: 11189

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Susi wrote:

Do tell me which Goodwill this is Envy?  I'd love to go treasure hunting next time I'm in Nashvegas.  Let's go shopping!!! :-)

It's on 9th Avenue north near the Farmers Market. Nearly impossible to give directions to, but you bet your sweet ass if you come to Nashville we will go shopping. wink

Aug 02 06 02:29 pm Link

Model

Susi

Posts: 3083

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Sara Eliza wrote:
Hmm what about bathing suits? Really sexy or unique cuts. I'm not looking for thong or g string! Those are easy. But I mean really sexy 2 piece and also 1 pieces with awesome cuts.

Every bathing suit almost looks the same now a days. I can't find anything cool!

Great reproduction vintage 50's style suits are here:  http://www.mybabyjo.com/swimwear.htm

And other cute bikini styles are at pinupgirl.com: 
http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/swimwear.html

Aug 02 06 02:29 pm Link

Model

Susi

Posts: 3083

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Envy wrote:

It's on 9th Avenue north near the Farmers Market. Nearly impossible to give directions to, but you bet your sweet ass if you come to Nashville we will go shopping. wink

Sweet.  I can't wait:-)

Aug 02 06 02:30 pm Link

Model

Mama Skull

Posts: 94

Feasterville-Trevose, Pennsylvania, US

Wow, lots of stuff to check out. I love seeing cheap clothes!

Aug 02 06 05:57 pm Link

Model

Ali Marie

Posts: 94

Bottineau, North Dakota, US

Thuy Anh wrote:

this is exactly what all the highschool kids wear where i live. it's funny.

wow, you aren't kidding.....i can't stand those stores. I actually got into a pretty good argument with a clerk in abercrombie....or was it aeropastle? - they're all the same. i was just looking for an extra long black tank top. i walk in wearing a red tank and black tripp pants (lots of chains big_smile ) along with my boyfriend and his bro (who were dressed about the same). she had the nerve to come up to me and tell me that she didn't think they would have what I was looking for. long story short - a black tank top was like 25 and i don't think i'm allowed back in that store. yay me!

Aug 13 06 10:34 pm Link

Model

Natalie Reid

Posts: 4

Malibu, California, US

Seriously: Century 21 in nyc it has every high end designer on the cheap!!! everyone i know in the industry shops there for shoots and then returns stuff after the shoot! hehe
shit I found that out too late!

Aug 13 06 11:39 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

Posts: 34372

New York, New York, US

Especially In NY,  likely elsewhere also.
A bit past the best time,
But check good stores and designers.
Often great sales this time of year.
Stores even great ones are often willing to bargain when you might think they would not.
And shoes are often on sale.
Who does not need more shoes?
Okay, forget Mrs. Marcos.

Ps I love shoes too.

Aug 13 06 11:44 pm Link