Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > i need a watermark

Model

Lory

SYLMAR, California, US

and i have no idea how to make one....

ive started taking my own photos and have an idea for a watermark...but i have no clue how to even start on one

can someone help me out? please

thanks

May 25 09 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Guiler Photography

Waterford, Ohio, US

Lory wrote:

ive started taking my own photos and have an idea for a watermark...but i have no clue how to even start on one

thanks

there is a program called visual watermark, it is what I use check it out

May 25 09 12:08 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Fullerton, California, US

There are many different approaches, from complicated (extra files with images to overlay) to simple (using text and Layer Styles) and a huge array of options between simple and complicated.

Go to Russell Brown’s Tips and Techniques page and search for ‘Digital Watermark Branding”. He’s got  a video explaining how and a sample Action set to set up watermarks or other kinds of ‘branding’ labels.

If you’d prefer a non-video tutorial, Sean Duggan has one in Layers magazine which details how to use custom shapes to add logos or watermarks, including how to batch process them.

May 25 09 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

Liz Caldwell

Riverside, California, US

There's two ways that I personally do it, one is to create a new photshop layer with my logo on it, then lower the layers opacity.  If I am doing a lot of photos at once I use either Photoshops batch editor, or I use Photoscapes batch editor (Photoscape is free)

May 25 09 12:13 pm Link

Model

Lory

SYLMAR, California, US

i need the actual logo made, so that i can then just drop it onto my images in a new layer

May 25 09 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

Liz Caldwell

Riverside, California, US

Lory wrote:
i need the actual logo made, so that i can then just drop it onto my images in a new layer

Yup, CTRL+T if you need to resize it and the opacity is at the top of the layers window (I'm sure you already knew that tho smile )

Oh, if you have a B&W logo you can also make a PS brush for it. open it up and go to Edit> Define Brush

Then you can just make a new layer, choose your brush size and stampity stamp stamp tongue

May 25 09 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

BlackWatch

Cleveland, Ohio, US

We can do one for a fee...contact us if interested...

Dale & jen
BlackWatch

May 25 09 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

Terry M Day Jr

Gwinner, North Dakota, US

Lory wrote:

thanks

I use a simple PSD overlay.   I resize it easily as needed and change the opacity and style as needed.  That way I don't have to take the extra few minutes to retype it, find the correct font, etc...

It is simply a copyright symbol, my name, and the year of the photo.

As always, check with the photographer before making any such changes or additions to his/her work.

May 26 09 03:41 pm Link