Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Advice/Help Needed With Photoshop Files

Retoucher

Zoli Retouch

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Crisis Averted big_smile

Ok I feel really stupid asking this, but I need help.
A photographer has sent me some files to edit, but two of the four files are CR2 files and they aren't opening.
Im currently using CS3 so I shouldnt have any issue opening this file right?
Each time I open the file it says it "Could no complete your request because it is not the right kind of document."
Is it the file? Photoshop? or am I having a dumb blonde moment.

Help? Please?!

Jun 03 09 10:00 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Fullerton, California, US

Depending on which camera it is, you may need to update to the latest version of Camera Raw. It might even be necessary to convert the CR2 files to DNG (using Adobe's free converter) before CS3 can handle them.

Jun 03 09 10:07 pm Link

Retoucher

Zoli Retouch

Kevin_Connery wrote:
Depending on which camera it is, you may need to update to the latest version of Camera Raw. It might even be necessary to convert the CR2 files to DNG (using Adobe's free converter) before CS3 can handle them.

Ok great.
Im downloading the Camera Raw update now, if that doesnt work I'll try converting the file.
Thank you so much for your help.
smile

Jun 03 09 10:11 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Fullerton, California, US

No problem; it's an ongoing issue.

If the CR2 files were from a 5D Mark II (or G10), you'd need Camera Raw 5.2 or later, which is only available for CS4 or Lightroom 2. In that case, the latest DNG converter would work.

Jun 03 09 10:14 pm Link

Retoucher

Zoli Retouch

Kevin_Connery wrote:
No problem; it's an ongoing issue.

If the CR2 files were from a 5D Mark II (or G10), you'd need Camera Raw 5.2 or later, which is only available for CS4 or Lightroom 2. In that case, the latest DNG converter would work.

The DNG converter was the best option.
Thank you again for your help!
I can now stop panicking! haha

Jun 03 09 10:40 pm Link