Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Help with internet posting

Photographer

Chris Fitzgerald

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm shooting in RAW, working in RGB, saving internet files at a resolution of 100 and uploading them here, facebook, picasa, etc, and they look so washed out.  They look great printed, on my screen, on other screens, etc, until they are uploaded and they look crappy.  Any suggestions?

Jun 04 09 08:28 am Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Fullerton, California, US

From the Digital Arts and Retouching Forum FAQ

Why do my images look different on the web than they do in Photoshop or Lightroom? They come out flat, desaturated, or dull.

Most browsers don’t understand color manaqement. Your images need to be converted to sRGB before uploading to the web.

See the Color on the Web section of the Color Calibration and Management Reference thread for more details

Jun 04 09 09:18 am Link

Photographer

fm_photographie

Los Angeles, California, US

Kevin_Connery wrote:
From the Digital Arts and Retouching Forum FAQ

Why do my images look different on the web than they do in Photoshop or Lightroom? They come out flat, desaturated, or dull.

lol. i ran into this earlier when i looked at an image i uploaded. There was a big color shift between what I had on my monitor and what was uploaded to the web.

i went to  Adobe Live Docs  and synced my photoshop to match the color profile of my monitor. That way I can proof what was going to be uploaded.

Jun 04 09 01:03 pm Link