Forums > General Industry > ANTM Submission photos

Photographer

NCISTUDIOS

Ripon, California, US

I have had several requests to shoot "Submission" photos for models wanting to go to a casting call for a local edition of ANTM..

Its my understanding that:
1 full body shot
1  head shot
1  swim suit shot

Any experience with this would help...

Jul 01 09 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

San Francisco, California, US

norcal-images wrote:
I have had several requests to shoot "Submission" photos for models wanting to go to a casting call for a local edition of ANTM..

1 full body shot
1  head shot
1  swim suit shot

It's a TV show, not a modeling agency. They want video and some snapshots. Most importantly, they want video content to show the personality. There is no need for professional pictures. Snapshots will do.

Specifically:

· Three photographs of yourself, each clearly labeled on the back with your name and the code (see numbers listed under paragraph 23 below) corresponding with the location nearest you. One must be a close-up of your face, the second must be a full-length photograph of your entire (clothed) body, and the third must be a full-length photograph of you wearing a swimsuit, and one of these three photographs may be in black and white. Please note that the Producers are looking for a variety of models including plus size models. Polaroids are acceptable as long as you are clearly visible.

Did I mention they want video?

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/topmodel-cycle14-Casting

Jul 01 09 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Digitoxin

Denver, Colorado, US

norcal-images wrote:

1 full body shot
1  head shot
1  swim suit shot

I don't know what you mean by a "local" edition of ANTM........

If you are speaking of ANTM, they want video as outlined in para 20:

http://www.cwtv.com/images/topmodel/ant … bility.pdf

Jul 01 09 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

San Francisco, California, US

Digitoxin wrote:

I don't know what you mean by a "local" edition of ANTM........

If you are speaking of ANTM, they want video as outlined in para 20:

http://www.cwtv.com/images/topmodel/ant … bility.pdf

I just saw the word "local". Stuff like that makes me cringe. It's not enough that ANTM dilutes what modeling is about. Now coat tailers have to further dilute it with "ANTM: Local club/local strip mall edition."

Jul 01 09 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

NCISTUDIOS

Ripon, California, US

Just looking for a confimation on image criteria......I know about the video stuff.
thanks!!!

Jul 01 09 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

PYPI FASHION wrote:

I just saw the word "local". Stuff like that makes me cringe. It's not enough that ANTM dilutes what modeling is about. Now coat tailers have to further dilute it with "ANTM: Local club/local strip mall edition."

Not sure if this is the case with ANTM, but it is with a lot of the tv reality shows. That is, they go city to city to 'audition' talent. Possibly that is where the word 'local' comes into play?

John

Jul 01 09 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

Digitoxin

Denver, Colorado, US

norcal-images wrote:
Just looking for a confimation on image criteria......I know about the video stuff.
thanks!!!

What does the word "local" mean in your first post?

Jul 01 09 06:29 pm Link

Model

Deadlynightshade

John Allan wrote:

Not sure if this is the case with ANTM, but it is with a lot of the tv reality shows. That is, they go city to city to 'audition' talent. Possibly that is where the word 'local' comes into play?

John

This is true..

Many times they have auditions in LA but a few times there have been auditions in my city of Phoenix, Arizona. Doesn't mean the show will be shot here it's just being auditioned here, or "local."

Jul 01 09 06:36 pm Link

Model

Deadlynightshade

Rearding the OP, a local edition isn't the same as the actual show and ANTM wouldn't do "local editions." So it makes me think it's not actually ANTM but some crappy ripoff.

Jul 01 09 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

NCISTUDIOS

Ripon, California, US

Digitoxin wrote:

What does the word "local" mean in your first post?

Reno Nevada ....Is the "Local Edition" I actually meant "Audition".

Jul 01 09 08:09 pm Link

Model

Christopher Anosike

Elmont, New York, US

To my knowledge, the ANTM team requires:

(1) Headshot
(1) Full Body fashion shot
(1) Bathing suit/underwear shot

Dec 30 22 09:10 am Link

Photographer

Jefferson Cole

Prague, Prague, Czech Republic

Admittedly, not on topic, but have any ANTM winners gone on to model for any major brands?

Jan 02 23 04:22 am Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

CHRIS ANOSIKE wrote:
To my knowledge, the ANTM team requires:

(1) Headshot
(1) Full Body fashion shot
(1) Bathing suit/underwear shot

This thread is 13 years old, and the OP is no longer a member here looking for information.

Jan 02 23 07:35 am Link

Photographer

JohnTozziPhotography

Seattle, Washington, US

Jefferson Cole wrote:
Admittedly, not on topic, but have any ANTM winners gone on to model for any major brands?

I don't know about winners necessarily, but I did see Fatima, who finished in third place in her season, doing a large campaign for Ralph Lauren handbags. She also appeared on runways for Ralph Lauren, Hermes, Giorgio Armani, and Betsey Johnson

Saleisha, who won her season, was on Days of our Lives for years

Winnie Harlow (did not win her season) has appeared in advertising campaigns for Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Tommy Hilfiger, Desigual, Diesel, Swarovski, Steve Madden, Nike, Puma, MAC and Victoria's Secret.

Yaya Dacosta, winner of cycle 3, has become an actress and has appeared on multiple tv shows, and played Whitney Houston in a tv movie.

Leila Goldkuhl didn't win her season, but she has done runways for Chanel, Valentino, Givenchy, Calvin Klein, Dior, Burberry, and Moschino.

Jan 03 23 11:13 am Link

Photographer

Jefferson Cole

Prague, Prague, Czech Republic

JohnTozziPhotography wrote:

I don't know about winners necessarily, but I did see Fatima, who finished in third place in her season, doing a large campaign for Ralph Lauren handbags. She also appeared on runways for Ralph Lauren, Hermes, Giorgio Armani, and Betsey Johnson

Saleisha, who won her season, was on Days of our Lives for years

Winnie Harlow (did not win her season) has appeared in advertising campaigns for Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Tommy Hilfiger, Desigual, Diesel, Swarovski, Steve Madden, Nike, Puma, MAC and Victoria's Secret.

Yaya Dacosta, winner of cycle 3, has become an actress and has appeared on multiple tv shows, and played Whitney Houston in a tv movie.

Leila Goldkuhl didn't win her season, but she has done runways for Chanel, Valentino, Givenchy, Calvin Klein, Dior, Burberry, and Moschino.

Thank you for this information.

Jan 14 23 07:35 am Link