Photographer

Miro Arva

London, England, United Kingdom

hey guys, I would really appreciate if anybody could help me with some quick steps how to create a a simple logo which can be later used as a stand alone image and put on images as a logo.

I don't know how to create this to have the logo on transparent background so it can be easily put on any image.

any advice please?

Thank You

Aug 09 09 05:22 am Link

Photographer

S de Varax

London, England, United Kingdom

I do mine by creating a new layer in PS and creating the logo there, delete the bottom layer and then save them as .png or as the ps file. it can then be copy+pasted by itself.

is that what you're asking about?

Aug 09 09 05:28 am Link

Photographer

David Finnegan Sense 6

do you have illustrator? you can draw up a vector graphic in illustrator and cut and paste into photshop as a new layer. rasterize and keep transparent background, alternatively draw up logo in photoshop on a transparent background. if it is a white logo on a black background import it into file and selct screen in the drop down menu in layers. if black on white use multiply.

Aug 09 09 05:30 am Link

Retoucher

SMAK ENTERTAINMENTS

Pembroke Pines, Florida, US

u can create the logo in any publishing software that allows you to save as a .png illustrator i would say is a more manageable application for that but its what ever you have.

Aug 09 09 11:38 am Link

Retoucher

kamalingam

Madras, Tamil Nadu, India

u can use a good font or a combination of fonts to create a logo. Which you can do using MS - Paint itself.

Just try and save it as transparent files so that i would blend with any background

Aug 19 09 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

This is one time where I think The GIMP has a slight advantage over Photoshop. If all you want to do is create a simple text-based logo, The GIMP has some pre-installed scripts that create them for you.

The unfortunate part is there is no real documentation for this feature and as you make your changes/adjustments in the dialog you don't see a preview of what it will look like. You have to run it through and if you don't like it, delete and start over.

Edit: Here are some samples someone posted online..

http://opdenacker.org/gimp/logos.html

Aug 19 09 11:39 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Miro Arva wrote:
hey guys, I would really appreciate if anybody could help me with some quick steps how to create a a simple logo which can be later used as a stand alone image and put on images as a logo.

I don't know how to create this to have the logo on transparent background so it can be easily put on any image.

any advice please?

Thank You

A logo? Or do you just want your name to be transparent using an existing font? How familiar are you with various image editing and/or drawing programs and file formats? Do you feel comfortable working in layers?

Depending on the answer it could be as easy as creating a design with a transparent background layer, then saving as a .gif using the "save to web" command.

Aug 19 09 11:43 am Link

Retoucher

Elle May

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

If you want a simple transparent background to some text or picture logo that you've made to put over decent sized images that is easily done. On PS you can create your logo on a white background to whatever you want it be. Then you take the Magic Eraser Tool and delete all the white space to be transparent. Save your new picture as a .gif. When you open it again, the background should automatically be transparent as you left it.

If you want something more fancy to be printed out in large file size or something, your best bet is to work in vectors. In which case, I'm probably not the best person to ask.

Aug 20 09 08:47 pm Link