Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Photoshop World Vegas (Oct 1-3 2009)

Photographer

Rafael Telles

Brampton, Ontario, Canada

So who is going from MM? I am still on the fence as I am not sure I will have those days off or not, but I really want to go.

Aug 19 09 10:32 am Link

Retoucher

T H R E E D O T S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What is it?

Aug 19 09 10:32 am Link

Photographer

Rafael Telles

http://www.photoshopworld.com

It has been all over Photoshop User magazine for the past 3 months smile

Aug 19 09 10:37 am Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Fullerton, California, US

I've been to a few, and attended a few just for the trade show when it was close, but probably not this time.

It's extremely useful for novices and intermediate users, or anyone who wants more exposure to the range of capabilities Photoshop offers. There are rarely sessions which are deep, however--how much can be covered in a 90-minute lecture, after all?. There are exceptions, but most sessions cover a handful of concepts, more as an overview, than in-depth or something 'new'. If you're thinking about attending, you might want to review the session info and see if there's enough which would make it worthwhile for you.

The trade-show floor used to have tremendous discounts, but that's been much more limited in recent years. (Same as for all computer trade shows in that regard. Perhaps the current economy might change that, though.)

Aug 19 09 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Rafael Telles

Thanks for the comments Kevin. I have never attended a Photoshop World but I have attended a lot of software and photography seminars and I know they are not in-depth sessions. However I find these conventions great to network with other people, also to be always in touch with new techniques and new trends in the industry. And of course the parties are fun smile

Aug 19 09 10:59 am Link

Photographer

KM2 Creative

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I've gone the last couple years but will probably skip it this year due to scheduling.  I actually really enjoy Joe McNally and Jay Maisel's classes, along with Bert Monroy's digital illustration and Dan Margulis' LAB classes.  I wish I could go this year...the "Art of Digital Photography" panel is pretty awesome in terms of inspirational value.

Aug 20 09 11:34 am Link