Forums > Photography Talk > skin troubles

Photographer

randy wolf

Seattle, Washington, US

ack!! I need some help.
I had a shoot with a model who is starting to get older and its showing through. my makeup artist flaked so we had to do the dreaded, "do your own" make up.
the model just returned from a trip to california which included alot of tanning.
thus she, well, to be blunt, looked like leather.
I tried to get the light as soft as I could but still I have very uneven skin tones in the pictures.
anything I can do post process in photoshop to help? anyone every had this issue before? what did you do?
thanks dudes.
now go get drunk

May 24 06 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

You could slap on a lot of gaussian blur, but only if you want your photos to look like crap.

Otherwise, try careful, pixel by pixel retouching (clone, healing brush, etc).

May 24 06 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Stamford, Connecticut, US

What Brian said, also a lot of very careful old-fashioned airbrushing using light opacity and different blending modes.  I have done this and achieved good results but it takes a long ass time.  Also if she's that bad you may find that even with your best efforts she comes out too placticky.  If this is the case you'll have to go through your library and find a model with skin texture similiar to what hers should be and add the texture in.

How many shots do you have to do?

May 25 06 12:32 am Link

Photographer

randy wolf

Seattle, Washington, US

thanks for the tips guys, looks like hours of fun ahead. or perhaps it would be worth i to just redo the whole shoot.
anyhow, thanks again.

May 27 06 03:23 pm Link