Model

Viy

Tacoma, Washington, US

Sep 07 09 11:05 pm Link

Retoucher

Retoucher

Los Angeles, California, US

Easy as pie smile You'll have to forgive me because I'm not a gimp user... but you can throw the noise on its own layer...  Take a middle gray layer set to soft light, throw the grain on top and the voila.  Desaturate that layer for monochromatic noise, if there is no monochromatic noise setting in gimp.

-Phen

Sep 07 09 11:08 pm Link

Model

Viy

Tacoma, Washington, US

Sep 07 09 11:12 pm Link

Retoucher

9stitches

To the O.P.:

#1 are all those photographs on your deviantart page yours? you're very talented. Your age only makes your gift and artistic boldness the more inspiring.

#2 real color film grain is colored, not monochrome.

Sep 08 09 05:09 am Link

Retoucher

Mistletoe

London, England, United Kingdom

Fim grain is coloured but only slightly, not anywhere near as coloured as it is with noise monchrome unchecked

OP if you image is flat then to remove the colouring in the noise in your shot is going to take some pretty clever stuff. Maybe needing a move into LAB mode and some kind of work on the two AB channels in there.

Sep 08 09 05:15 am Link

Retoucher

9stitches

No, not colored like noise. Colored like the picture. Hence the application of the blend mode. I get it now.

That's what I get for sleep-posting.

Sep 08 09 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Snap2 wrote:
Fim grain is coloured but only slightly, not anywhere near as coloured as it is with noise monchrome unchecked

OP if you image is flat then to remove the colouring in the noise in your shot is going to take some pretty clever stuff. Maybe needing a move into LAB mode and some kind of work on the two AB channels in there.

Is there a Lab mode in GIMP? I can't find it.

Sep 08 09 01:38 pm Link

Model

Viy

Tacoma, Washington, US

Sep 08 09 02:40 pm Link

Model

Viy

Tacoma, Washington, US

Sep 08 09 02:48 pm Link