Forums > Model Colloquy > Now this model is a class act to follow!

Photographer

Blanchard

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

My model was running a little late for the shoot yesterday. She was prompt in calling me every 10 minutes to let me know she would be at the location. She then shows up and apologizes for making me wait for her, and then presents a bottle of russian champagne to me as a peace offering!

I was never upset or mad to begin with and understood traffic and schedules can go the wrong way at times. I was stunned when she gave me the biggest hug in the world and the bottle.

With all the horror stories I read about late models or photo no-shows, i'm happy to report something good!

Jul 16 05 04:12 pm Link

Model

Sky Above

Wooo-hoooo...bet if you shoot her again...you just hope she's late!!

I know its hard to believe but there a lot of responsible, mature and  courteous models out here!  But bad events can sometime stick out more than the positive ones.

Jul 16 05 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Posted by Blanchard: 
My model was an hour late for the shoot yesterday. She was prompt in calling me every 10 minutes to let me know she would be at the location. She then shows up and apologizes for making me wait for her, and then presents a bottle of russian champaign to me as a peace offering!

I was never upset or mad to begin with and understood traffic and schedules can go the wrong way at times. I was stunned when she gave me the biggest hug in the world and the bottle.

With all the horror stories I read about late models or photo no-shows, i'm happy to report something good!

sounds like she either made herself even later by stopping to shop for the champaign or else she was already planning to try to get you tipsy and take advantage of you! (did it work?)

Jul 16 05 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

Blanchard

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Posted by Sky Above: 

I know its hard to believe but there a lot of responsible, mature and  courteous models out here!  But bad events can sometime stick out more than the positive ones.

i think it goes both ways...some of us photographers have our senior moments too and are late or forget something.

Jul 16 05 04:33 pm Link

Model

Sky Above

Posted by Blanchard: 

Posted by Sky Above: 

i think it goes both ways...some of us photographers have our senior moments too and are late or forget something.

You know I have been very fortunate...I have only had one bad experience with a photographer...and he was just weird all around.  All of the others have been great and have turned into good friends as well.

Jul 16 05 04:39 pm Link

Model

Sky Above

Bugger...I can't get these damn quote boxes right!!!

Jul 16 05 04:40 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

Cheers! I love Happy Stories. smile Thanks for sharing!

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by Blanchard: 

Posted by Sky Above: 

senior moments!!
They are my best times!! (:---

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Posted by Hugh  Jorgen: 

Posted by Blanchard: 

Posted by Sky Above: 

senior moments!!
They are my best times!! (:---

Does Dream narrate for you??

Jul 16 05 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Russian champagne?!?  How gauche! tongue

Jul 16 05 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

what happened after dinner?

Jul 16 05 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

jimblast

Dallas, Georgia, US

Dayum!  I need to have models and actresses late for auditions more often!  All I ever get are a bunch of excuses!  lol!

Jul 16 05 05:05 pm Link

Model

Goddess Erinys

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Posted by Brian Diaz: 

Brian..that hurts..loll but then again..i only drink french..ill bring u a bottle wink

Jul 16 05 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Posted by Larisa Burdeynaya: 

Posted by Brian Diaz: 

Brian..that hurts..loll but then again..i only drink french..ill bring u a bottle wink

I like Veuve Clicot smile

Funny story along these lines--toward the end of a 3 day shoot for a wedding gown designer, I thought it might be nice to end the day with a botle of Veuve, but I also thought it would be appropriate to ask the designer before I started feeding her models alcohol.  So I was on my way to ask her privately when she emerged from the kitchen with a bunch of champage flutes and TWO bottles of Veuve!

It's that kind of thing that keeps me in photography...

Jul 16 05 05:27 pm Link

Model

Goddess Erinys

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Posted by Brian Diaz: 

Posted by Larisa Burdeynaya: 

Posted by Brian Diaz: 

I like Veuve Clicot smile

Funny story along these lines--toward the end of a 3 day shoot for a wedding gown designer, I thought it might be nice to end the day with a botle of Veuve, but I also thought it would be appropriate to ask the designer before I started feeding her models alcohol.  So I was on my way to ask her privately when she emerged from the kitchen with a bunch of champage flutes and TWO bottles of Veuve!

It's that kind of thing that keeps me in photography...

you got it dearest..oh btw..got another gown today smile

Jul 16 05 05:32 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Rusian champagne is an oxymoron. There ain't no such thing. The story is a lie!

Jul 16 05 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Blanchard

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Posted by theda: 

you've never tasted Crimea semi-sweet sparkling wine from st. petersburg? very good russian champagne....

Jul 16 05 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Posted by Blanchard: 

Posted by theda: 

you've never tasted Crimea semi-sweet sparkling wine from st. petersburg? very good russian champagne....

Except for the Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée.  Although, in the US, "champagne" is legally a semi-generic term, so it can be used.

Jul 16 05 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Any "champagne" that isn't actually from Reims, I severely avoid.

If they don't claim to be champagne, like the mid-shelf Spanish sparlking wines, I give them a shot and have been pleasantly surprised on many occasions.

Anyone who is trying to feed me marketing just generally gets a cold shoulder. Repeated attempts to talk me into buying something will eventually lead to a gentle shift into a not so gentle repressed personality which is not known for taking prisoners or bullshit.

Jul 17 05 12:57 am Link

Model

emmakate

blessssss

that something i would do hehe

emma kate x

Jul 17 05 05:28 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Blanchard: 

Posted by theda: 

That's sparkling whine, not champagne.

Jul 17 05 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Blanchard

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Posted by theda: 

Posted by Blanchard: 

Posted by theda: 

That's sparkling whine, not champagne. 

If you've spent time in Russia, like myself, you would know that "sparkling wine" is what is their champagne equivalint.

Jul 17 05 12:09 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Blanchard: 
If you've spent time in Russia, like myself, you would know that "sparkling wine" is what is their champagne equivalint. 

I don't have to spend time in Russia to know what the actual definition of champage is. By the way, I have spent some time in Champage.

Jul 17 05 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

It is the same thing except for the name.  Well it theory anyway.  The name Champagne can only be given to sparkling wine made in the Champagne region of France.   Even sparkling wine made in other regions of France cannot be called Champagne.

It is really the same thing though.

Jul 17 05 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Posted by marksora: 
Even sparkling wine made in other regions of France cannot be called Champagne.

It is really the same thing though.

Not so fast, Perrier-Jouet breath...Although the grapes may be similar, it is the growing region's climate that gives Champagne unique distinction through special fermentation and bottling processes, thus true Champagne is wine distinct to that region, and that region only.

As the region tends to be cooler, the fermentation stopped in late fall as winter was approaching before the wine was ready, only to start again (refermentation) in the warming Spring. 

This created unique challenges to not only stop the fermentation in Spring, but bottling the product so the ensuing re-starting didn't blow out the corks.  And, if the corks were secured too tightly, blowing out the bottom of the bottle (which explains the wired corks and concave bottom found on Champagne bottles).

It was a blind Benedictine monk named, Dom Perignon, that spent a good portion of his life perfecting the process, including adding a dose of red wine to form Pink Champagne that helped in stopping the refermintation.

No truth to the rumor that the Champagne glass size was modeled after Josephine or Marie Antionette's breast size, however.

Drink Up!

Jul 17 05 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Blanchard

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

This thread I started is turning into a "Sideways" themed discussion. I'm still searching for that magical bottle of champagne that will make me bow down and thank the gods for it. Similar to my search for a fine cigar. I have yet to find either one, so until this happens...i'm drinking cognac! So there!

Jul 17 05 05:33 pm Link