Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > finding RAW (or hi-rez) for retouch-portfolio

Retoucher

ShadowLight

From what I understand new raw/hi rez files for retouch practice can be only posted in the thread: "Serious Retouch v2.1" if it is allowed at all?

but finding where someone had posted raw files in one single thread  between the thousands (over 7 thousand) of replies is almost impossible...

and sure those huge threads are killing the database no matter what indexing is done... surely there must be a better solution.

maybe one "sticked" thread where only posts with links to raw/hi rez files can be posted (with a requirement for a thumb and any restriction of use information)

(this way at least we won't have to browse/fish for interesting raw files in one huge thread)

or how about allowing just "raw" files... this way the copyright infringement will be close to impossible (as usually if you have the raw file you have the copyrights on the image too) 

so far I found a few really good ones but only in threads that were started before the new regulations... (only outside the huge thread)  =/

Oct 18 09 02:39 pm Link

Model

Kay Model xoxo

London, England, United Kingdom

Hiya,

If you ever need high rez images to work on for portfolio use i have some good ones smile

Kay

xoxo

Oct 18 09 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

ShadowLight wrote:
(as usually if you have the raw file you have the copyrights on the image too)

I don't think that's accurate at all.

Oct 18 09 03:50 pm Link

Retoucher

ShadowLight

Robert Randall wrote:
I don't think that's accurate at all.

I thought that RAWs usually are not given to the llamas or MUAs, and I thought the copyright problems in here were mostly coming from there.

(at least I don't give the raw files to the llamas when I take pictures...)

Kay, thanks for the offer. It will be great to practice some more.

Oct 18 09 04:15 pm Link

Model

Ceecilia

New York, New York, US

Well if you're looking for Hi-res images I just got some I'd like to get retouched... All I want is to have my skin smoothed out, my stomach a little smoother and thinner and get rid of the tanning butterly, my face is already retouched so you don't need to worry about that...and obviously please keep the photog's name!

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs50/f/2009/ … ecilia.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/ … ecilia.jpg

Thanks!

Oct 18 09 06:30 pm Link

Retoucher

ShadowLight

Cecilia llama wrote:
Well if you're looking for Hi-res images I just got some I'd like to get retouched... All I want is to have my skin smoothed out, my stomach a little smoother and thinner and get rid of the tanning butterly, my face is already retouched so you don't need to worry about that...and obviously please keep the photog's name!
Thanks!

Cecilia, exactly here comes the problem... I don't think the mods will like you posting the links like that.

I think you should post your pics here:
"Serious Retouch v2.1"https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=198402

besides here comes the question if you have copyrights over the images and if you can have those retouched...

I started the thread as I found myself getting frustrated with searching in the current setup of threads... and I'm probably not the only one.
just voicing a problem, and suggesting an idea that may help with the situation.

I wouldn't want you breaking the rules by posting images. If you like please send me links to the pics in private, and make sure you own the copyright, and it is ok with you if I use them in a retouch-portfolio.

Oct 18 09 06:53 pm Link