Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Photoshop CS2 glitch.... Help!

Photographer

Chapman Photography AGD

Modesto, California, US

Almost every time I close out Photoshop and reopen at a later time or date, settings are being changed.  I'm not doing anything but I am constantly having to go back in and change my pallets and workspace.

Yesterday I began to edit a job I had shot earlier and my history is not working.  When I do something such as crop, it will erase the last entry and show crop only.  I cannot go back more than just the one step and only if I use "Ctrl Z".  I have searched through preferences and all of the menus and cannot figure out how to reset the history to the original setting.

Are there any photoshop experts that can help me?

Would it be easier to reset all the settings to default and start over?  Can you tell me how to do that?

Thanks.

Oct 19 09 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

d00dle

u may have to press alt + command + Z. command + z is just going back and forth

Oct 19 09 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

Chapman Photography AGD

Modesto, California, US

d00dle wrote:
u may have to press alt + command + Z. command + z is just going back and forth

Thanks... but it used to list a history of probably 12 items and now all I can get is one.  Sorry, I should have made it more clear.

If I want to go back more than just the one step, I cannot.

Oct 19 09 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

d00dle

im shooting in the dark here...try preference -->performance, look at history states. the default setting is 20.

Oct 19 09 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Chapman Photography AGD

Modesto, California, US

This is very strange.... it worked.  Thanks.

I tried that yesterday and it didn't do anything but today I shut PS down and reopened and that made the difference.

Thanks a lot.  Next time I'm coming to the city, I'll buy you a brew.

Best to you!

Oct 19 09 02:34 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Fullerton, California, US

It's also sounding as though your overall preferences might be corrupted. You might want to delete the preference file. (It's an old article, but it's still valid, even in CS2/CS3/CS4.)

Oct 19 09 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

Chapman Photography AGD

Modesto, California, US

Kevin_Connery wrote:
It's also sounding as though your overall preferences might be corrupted. You might want to delete the preference file. (It's an old article, but it's still valid, even in CS2/CS3/CS4.)

Thanks.  I'll do that.

Oct 19 09 05:26 pm Link