Forums > Model Colloquy > models lookin to travel

Model

Caravicious

Atlanta, Georgia, US

ok so we know that NY and CA are big for models/fashion
so im thinking (if i get enough ppl) of puttin together a small group of girls to go to NY and CA for a week or two each or just one of the places and contact some photographers for some shoots. we split the cost equally. would be looking for models that are not all about drama even though this is a competitive industry can we try to co-exist for the trip? and just get it together. maybe models from areas that dont get a lot of photographers coming through or just anyone that is not in NY/CA

Jul 18 05 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

There are tons of good photographers in Atlanta.  And then there's Florida.  You haven't had any shoots yet at all.  I'd work on local guys before I worried about going across the country.

Paul

Jul 18 05 10:43 pm Link

Model

Caravicious

Atlanta, Georgia, US

i will be doing shoots in atlanta and i am in talks with a photographer in fl as well but i still want to do ny/ca.

Jul 19 05 10:54 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

You would do better to hire a commercial shooter in your market who is too busy to be online or do TFP.

Jul 19 05 11:02 am Link

Model

Shayuma

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

We've already had this conversation Cara...there are TONS of ATL photographers on model mayhem. As well as AL, FL,TN. It's all about marketing

When I started on model mayhem, all I had was 5 tiny sprint photos that were "headshots". I made due with what I had. I sought out photographers who I had an interest in working with for TFP. Some responded..others just read and ignored me.

But..I finally got one person to shoot me, then another and another. Now, I'm making moves..well at least trying to hahaha. But honestly you have no reason to go to NY or CA, at least not yet. Show folks what ATL has to offer!

Jul 19 05 06:40 pm Link