Forums > Model Colloquy > Agency Models in Commercial Print, Petite, and...

Model

Daphne G

New York, New York, US

LifeStyle divisions...

How has your experience been?  I'm looking to get into a Commercial Print or Petite division but have no idea of what to expect.  Any comments/feedback/ suggestions? 

Many thanks,
Daphne

Jul 19 05 11:08 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Posted by Daphne G: 
LifeStyle divisions...

...looking to get into a Commercial Print or Petite division but have no idea of what to expect. 

My experience is that there aren't Petite Divisions in quality agencies.  If you beg to differ, would you kindly list them and their qualifications for entry.

Jul 19 05 11:25 pm Link

Model

Daphne G

New York, New York, US

I have yet to find a quality agency in NYC that has a Petite division either.  The only thing that I've been able to dig up at this point are a couple of little-known agencies that have Commercial Print, or "Real People" divisions suitable for someone under 5'7". 

Incidentally, there are a couple of models on this site under 5'7" whose profiles have stated linkage with agencies.  I can't remember their names or profile numbers, however, and am hoping that they'll notice and contribute to the thread.   

Jul 20 05 12:06 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by area291: 
If you beg to differ

Ha Ha. Chip on the shoulder came out at the wrong time.

*laughs and points at anonymous grump*

Jul 20 05 07:21 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by Daphne G: 
Incidentally, there are a couple of models on this site under 5'7" whose profiles have stated linkage with agencies.  I can't remember their names or profile numbers, however, and am hoping that they'll notice and contribute to the thread.   

most commercial print agencys in secondary markets will accept models less then 5'7"..

Jul 20 05 07:44 am Link

Model

Daphne G

New York, New York, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 
most commercial print agencys in secondary markets will accept models less then 5'7"..

Many thanks, Doug.  That clarification is most helpful.

Jul 20 05 08:40 am Link