Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Woman Owned Business

Model

PrimaDonna

Johnston, Iowa, US

Does anyone out there know of any women owned small business grants, or just small business grants in general? I have been looking all over! Each website I go to is like a goose chase to the next website they link me to, and so on.

Thanks! smile

Jun 15 06 01:48 pm Link

Model

PrimaDonna

Johnston, Iowa, US

Up she goes....

Jun 15 06 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

This is the best I could find.
http://www.sba.gov/expanding/grants.html

Jun 15 06 02:03 pm Link

Model

PrimaDonna

Johnston, Iowa, US

Thanks much!big_smilebig_smile

Anyone else?

Jun 15 06 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

asking people on MM to do your homework?

Jun 15 06 02:41 pm Link

Model

PrimaDonna

Johnston, Iowa, US

Please forgive me for thinking that this is an online community of kind and helpful people. wink If you feel the need to be rude in a post, why bother posting at all? To answer your question, I have been doing my “homework” for about 2 weeks now, and haven’t found anything useful. Perhaps I should’ve worded the question differently. I will do that now:

For those of you that own your own studios, how do you acquire the funds to cover start-up expenses?

Jun 16 06 12:51 am Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PrimaDonna wrote:
Please forgive me for thinking that this is an online community of kind and helpful people. wink If you feel the need to be rude in a post, why bother posting at all? To answer your question, I have been doing my “homework” for about 2 weeks now, and haven’t found anything useful. Perhaps I should’ve worded the question differently. I will do that now:

For those of you that own your own studios, how do you acquire the funds to cover start-up expenses?

Exaclty what kind of business are you trying to open? The variables are endless unless you know exaclty what you are marketing, what is the product, who are your consumers, do you have a business plan put together?

What type of business?
Is there a demand for your product?
What is the initial investment?
The list is endless...

You are very vague.

Jun 16 06 12:57 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

PrimaDonna wrote:

Before relocating to Florida I owned a studio in New Jersey.....

I worked for many years at jobs that sucked wind to get the start up money for my studio.....

In case you're interested.....going to a bank with a business plan...or applying for a grant.....your chances are minimal at best.....the failure rate for photography studios in the first six months of operation is 90%!!!!!!

Those figures were given to me by three banks from which I was hoping to get a business loan to start up my studio.

Jun 16 06 06:51 am Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

ugh grant websites are a PAIN in the ass. they're obnoxious to navigate and you're right, they're a bit cyclical. however, that being said, if you feel that the money is worth having, then the work to find it is worth doing. best of luck. big_smile

Jun 16 06 06:54 am Link