Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Challenges, Contests, and Samples > The "Ask Kevin" thread...what's allowed in here?

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

I'm sure there will be questions so put them here. No sense having 200 threads asking questions that could all go into one thread to be answered and if necessary, the FAQ updated.

Jan 12 10 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

My question is this: The game I'm getting ready to start in the "Shall we play a game?" thread, would that fit here or should it stay in the main DAR Forum?

Jan 12 10 06:14 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Fullerton, California, US

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:
My question is this: The game I'm getting ready to start in the "Shall we play a game?" thread, would that fit here or should it stay in the main DAR Forum?

It should be here, and it's already been moved.

Jan 12 10 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

MB-2

New York, New York, US

Are we to understand that the "wanna work on my images" threads that were being locked in the main forum are allowed in this one?

Jan 12 10 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Kevin_Connery wrote:

Thanks. I think there was a problem with it. It's still showing up in the DAR main forum but I can't open the thread there. It isn't showing up in this forum.

Should I just make another thread for it? Or is it retrievable?

Jan 12 10 07:10 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Michael Bonner II wrote:
Are we to understand that the "wanna work on my images" threads that were being locked in the main forum are allowed in this one?

To a point, yes.

If you're asking to have someone do your work: NO.
If you're providing images for other people to work on, and follow the forum rules, yes.

Jan 12 10 07:13 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Kevin_Connery wrote:

Thanks. I think there was a problem with it. It's still showing up in the DAR main forum but I can't open the thread there. It isn't showing up in this forum.

Should I just make another thread for it? Or is it retrievable?

I don't know. The system was timing-out when I tried to move it, and I thought it had worked. I'll send a heads-up to the techs.

Jan 12 10 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Kevin_Connery wrote:

I don't know. The system was timing-out when I tried to move it, and I thought it had worked. I'll send a heads-up to the techs.

OK. I know you're busy now moving threads around so I'll wait to see what happens before starting a new thread. I had planned on starting a new thread for the game itself, is that still OK or would you prefer I kept it all inside the one thread?

Jan 12 10 07:19 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

OK. I know you're busy now moving threads around so I'll wait to see what happens before starting a new thread. I had planned on starting a new thread for the game itself, is that still OK or would you prefer I kept it all inside the one thread?

Go ahead and start a new one. I'll lock (but not hide) the original once it can be opened; you can just add a link to it if you feel it's helpful.

We're in a period of transition...

Jan 12 10 07:22 pm Link