Portland, Oregon, US

https://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/US/06/23/miami.raids/story.miamiarrests.ap.jpg
FBI agents and police conduct
operations in the Liberty City
area of Miami, Florida.  CNN photo.

Seven Americans Arrested in Florida for Sears Catalog Plot: Bush declares War
By Timothy Baker, Associated Pressure writer

Friday, June 23, 2006.  3:00 am.

(Miami)  President Bush declared war on Miami today after the FBI arrested seven people in connection with the early stages of a plot to attack Chicago's Sears Tower, the Sears Catalog, and other buildings and catalogs in the U.S., including the FBI office here, a federal law enforcement official said.

Upon hearing the news that the seven Americans, with no apparent al Qaeda connections, planned to attack an FBI office here, Bush said, 'Heck, let's invade Here, too.  Bring 'em on!  In Texas, if someone threatens to attack the Sears Catalog in Here or what, er, where ever, heck, well we just don't want to - you know - need it or want it to be like that if it is."  Presidential aids didn't immediately clarify the president's statement.  One aide, speaking off-the-record, replied to AP's inquires about the president's statement with, "Huh? Don't look at me. I don't have a clue what he said."

Vice President Cheney told the Associated Pressure that there was clear and convincing evidence, somewhere, in an undisclosed location, within reach, that also implicated the seven in an unknown and unannounced plot to also attack the Wards Tower, officials said, unknowingly.  Cheney said that several of the alleged plotters were connected to individuals with networks and calling cards registered to others who knew someone who had relations in Iraq.

Neither Wards officials or relatives in Iraq immediately returned phone calls to the AP.  Their calls were forwarded to the Federal Bankruptcy Court in Atlanta.  The FBI has cleared the Court of any connection with al Qaeda except for one judge who, according to Defense Secretary Condolesa Rice, "Kind of looks scary, in a judgy, scary Middle Eastern kind of way." 

Rice defended her statement by saying, "This is not racism. It's plain and simple profiling, nothing more."

"There is no imminent threat to Miami or any other area because of these operations," said Richard Kolko, spokesman for FBI headquarters in Washington. He did say he was a bit concerned with the military build up on the Dade County line, but refused any further comment.

The Pentagon has denied that is has plans to invade Miami.  Gen. Richard Place, Left Rear Command Officer for the Pentagon's Eastern-Southern Defense Department of Double Redundancy Department, told AP, "We have no plans at the moment to invade Miami or any other city beginning with an M.  Gen. Place told AP, "Heck, we go to war all the time without plans, except not this time.  With plans I mean. No, I mean war. No, not war. War with plans."  Place refused any futher comment.

Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, returning home from posting bail for this son's recent arrest for DUI in Texas, said he had every assurance from FEMA that help would soon be on its way after the first round of shock-and-awe was completed in Miami.  Gov. Bush was reported to have said, "Miami votes Democrat, anyway, so it won't hurt the state too much after the invasion begins, if we, I mean they, had plans to invade Miami. Which they don't. Have plans I mean. No, they plan, but ..."  Bush refused any further comment or to call AP.

Several terrorism investigations have had south Florida links. Several of the Sept. 11 hijackers lived and trained in the area, including ringleader Mohamed Atta, and several plots by Cuban-Americans against Fidel Castro's government have been based in Miami.  A guy named Bob once new Mohamed Atta's girlfriend's uncle's brother-in-law.  The brother-in-law did not immediately return AP's phone calls.

The neighborhood was cordoned off around the windowless warehouse about 2 p.m., and neighbors were told to stay inside. Police then showed neighbors photos of the suspects, who had been living in the building since March.

Neighbors said the men, who wore turbans, caused no problems but seemed odd.  When ask why it was 'odd' the men replied, 'well, sir, they had these towels on their heads. You know, towels and all on their head. Just seemed odd. The towels, I mean. No, not the towels, they weren't odd. I mean ..."  The men refused further comment.

Two Republicans, Representative Peter Hoekstra of Michigan, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, and Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania held a news conference on Wednesday to announce that, as Mr. Santorum put it, before the FBI arrested anybody in Miami, "we had found weapons of mass destruction in bottles and cans on a Miami beach."  Neither Hoekstra, Sanorum, nor the Beach immediately returned our phone calls.

AP has learned that nearly 500 cases of a dark, yellow substance was found in bottles and some metal containers in front of a microbrewery near Miami's Bayfront Park Amphitheater.
___

Associated Pressure Writer Mark Map in Washington, D.C., contributed to this report.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Pressure. All rights reserved.

For the real deal, go here: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/23/miami.raids/index.html

Jun 23 06 05:45 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Ah...yes......finally a justification for spying on Americans......

I almost started a thread called Dummies with Towels.....after reading and seeing the reports on televison.....I thought, what a bunch of morons....of course they're not affliated with Al Queida.....they wouldn't have them.....

Let me get this straight.....these morons...

Rent a warehouse........practice military style exercises in public......wear camo style uniforms.....stand guard in the open for all to see.....ask neighbors for water.......wear towels on ther heads..LOL.....let's not be to obvious..DUH!!!!!....they might have well put up a big sign....WE WANT TO BE TERRORISTS.....

Sure must have taken some really intensive investigation to catch these idiots!!!

And they planned to blow up the Miami FBI heaquarters and the Sears Tower......let me just imagine this....

First they plan what bus to take......but that's hard because of all the different schedules and transfers needed.....in instead.....let's hitchhike.....

These guys are Grade A Morons......THANK GOD....we have the government spying on us to protect us!!!!!

Jun 23 06 07:14 am Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

Cute, Tim. Very cute.

I was watching the story on CNN last night and again this morning and I had myself a chuckle. Especially when they interviewed one of the members of this "Seas of David" group. Obviously wannabes with some sort of vague al qaeda connection.

Jun 23 06 08:09 am Link

Model

dpretty

Ashland, Alabama, US

I wish I knew what you were talking about. On second thought, it's just as funny not knowing. The news sucks. Thanks for making it more exciting Tim!

Jun 23 06 08:47 am Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

A funny one from the real deal news item:

"They was acting like they was in military training," he said."

is that how Miamians talk? lol

Jun 23 06 09:06 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:
Ah...yes......finally a justification for spying on Americans......

Let me get this straight.....these morons...

Rent a warehouse........  Studio space is expensive
practice military style exercises in public......no location release
wear camo style uniforms.......all the cool models wear sexy camo

ask neighbors for water.......you know how much a bottle of Evian is these days?
wear towels on there heads.... Miami is very hot
First they plan what bus to take.....you check the price of gas lately

Sounds like a bunch of GWCs, getting ready for the camera club meeting.
I am soooo scared, Bush and Fox News, pleeeease protect us.

WMDs found ..........one molotov cocktail and and one dangerous alligator.

Jun 23 06 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

We can invade Miami, but let's wait a couple of months... right now it is just too freakin hot.

Jun 23 06 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Bob Helm Photography

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

So you have to be intellegent and well financed and affiliated with international terrorists to go to Hertz and rent a truck, Home Depot and buy fertilizer, Exxon for gas and Mapquest for directions to Chicago?
Tim Mc vey was not a rocket scientist and made a deep impact in Kansas city as I recall.
bob

Jun 23 06 11:26 am Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

I can see the headlines now if the feds didnt arrest these bozos and they later blew up a building.

BUSH KNEW! BUSH KNEW! BUSH KNEW !

Jun 23 06 11:35 am Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:
I can see the headlines now if the feds didnt arrest these bozos and they later blew up a building.

It's fairly normal with this site. The same people that will now post here about how stupid our government is because these guys were just wannabe's were posting just last week about how stupid our government is and how we haven't heard anything about any domestic terrorist groups being investigated or any arrests being made.

Now that we have heard something, it's just miniscule to them and something to make fun of.

Uh, ya, wannabe terrorists are the ones you catch BEFORE they do something.

I'll now sit back and watch the same 4 or 5 Bush haters make fools of themselves thinking people have short memories and can't detect their hypocrisy.

Jun 23 06 11:36 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Robert Helm wrote:
So you have to be intellegent and well financed and affiliated with international terrorists to go to Hertz and rent a truck, Home Depot and buy fertilizer, Exxon for gas and Mapquest for directions to Chicago?
Tim Mc vey was not a rocket scientist and made a deep impact in Kansas city as I recall.
bob

Wellll.....actually yes!

Tim McVey had prior military training.....and the FBI never did find out who financed him.....he once stated that there are things he will carry to his grave....except for one other person.....they neve did arrest any more.....so I'm supposed to believe that was plot hatched by two guys......it's a real stretch....

Jun 23 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Robert Helm wrote:
bob

Umm That was OKC where he set off the bomb.

Jun 23 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

FYI:  Tim blew up a federal building in Oklahoma city not Kansas city. smile

Jun 23 06 11:39 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

David Moyle wrote:
It's fairly normal with this site. The same people that will now post here about how stupid our government is because these guys were just wannabe's were posting just last week about how stupid our government is and how we haven't heard anything about any domestic terrorist groups being investigated or any arrests being made.

Now that we have heard something, it's just miniscule to them and something to make fun of.

I'll now sit back and watch the same 4 or 5 Bush haters make fools of themselves thinking people have short memories and can't detect their hypocrisy.

OH Crap!!!!....it's the Republican party rearing it's head again!!!!!!

Oh....try 68% of the public.....and I don't really hate Bush....I just consider him an idiot....

Jun 23 06 11:40 am Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:

poor Bush..he takes all the blame yet he remains good humored and good natured about it all smile gotta love Bush LOL wink  You  go, Mr PResident smile

Jun 23 06 11:41 am Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:
and I don't really hate Bush....I just consider him an idiot....

uhhuh but look who's sitting in the Oval Office now??? lol... if only all idiots can get to be Prez hmmm

idiot number 4444: wow, I wish I could be prez sumday..duh.. smile

Jun 23 06 11:46 am Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:

OH Crap!!!!....it's the Republican party rearing it's head again!!!!!!

Oh....try 68% of the public.....and I don't really hate Bush....I just consider him an idiot....

Nope. Voted for Clinton too. You just don't pay attention much.

I just have a good bullshit detector.

Jun 23 06 11:50 am Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

David Moyle wrote:

I voted for Clinton too!!!!!

Jun 23 06 11:53 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

David Moyle wrote:

Wait!!!...let me get this straight......you like Bush....AND you voted for Clinton.....now that  IS bullshit!!!

or you're a split personality!!!

Jun 23 06 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:

David Moyle wrote:

It's the strawman tag-team of Terry and David!

Terry makes a claim that can't be refuted (because it's entirely imaginary), and David--a fan of the "maybe, just maybe" approach to imaginary "logic"--chimes in to post more strawman insults.

David Moyle wrote:
It's kind of fun when people who think they are superior can't even recognize their own hypocrisy

Jun 23 06 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Kitapanda wrote:
Cute, Tim. Very cute.

I was watching the story on CNN last night and again this morning and I had myself a chuckle. Especially when they interviewed one of the members of this "Seas of David" group. Obviously wannabes with some sort of vague al qaeda connection.

Yeah.....they're the Christian chapter of the Muslim faith....LOL

Jun 23 06 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:
Wait!!!...let me get this straight......you like Bush....AND you voted for Clinton.....now that  IS bullshit!!!

or you're a split personality!!!

Nope, I disliked Dole. I didn't like Bush Sr. much after he was in office (I did vote for him though the first time he ran).

I'm more of a free thinker. Libertarian type. We just never have a strong candidate.

Jun 23 06 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

David Moyle wrote:

Most people would use a BS detector to avoid it instead of wallowing in it.

Jun 23 06 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Kevin Connery wrote:
quote=Terry Breedlove]

Terry makes a claim that can't be refuted (because it's entirely imaginary), and David--a fan of the "maybe, just maybe" approach to imaginary "logic"--chimes in to post more strawman insults.

What strawman insult? You missed that thread obviously.

Jun 23 06 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

David Moyle wrote:
I'm more of a free thinker. Libertarian type. We just never have a strong candidate.

Now....we find common ground.....I agree with that statement completely.....see!...when you have good communication skills....even diametrically opposed can find a common ground.....

Jun 23 06 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Kevin Connery wrote:
Most people would use a BS detector to avoid it instead of wallowing in it.

Most people would buy a tv and watch it to be up on current events befoe making an ass out of themselves on a regular basis.

Jun 23 06 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Kevin all you have to do is look at the past performances by the left to know I am correct. After 911 you guys were all over the place with BUSH KNEW BUSH KNEW. That is the lefts history and well known MO.

Jun 23 06 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

That is my problem David I am way more liberterian almost to the point of an anarchist but I vote republican because they are the only guys on the ballot close to what I want. I don't like the government involved in anything really but I do understand we need some control or people like me would be stealing Kevins women and food while he watches meekly in the corner. big_smile

Jun 23 06 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:
That is my problem David I am way more liberterian almost to the point of an anarchist but I vote republican because they are the only guys on the ballot close to what I want. I don't like the government involved in anything really but I do understand we need some control or people like me would be stealing Kevins women and food while he watches meekly in the corner. big_smile

Ah, to be understood by someone finally!

Jun 23 06 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:

Now....we find common ground.....I agree with that statement completely.....see!...when you have good communication skills....even diametrically opposed can find a common ground.....

I'm not entirely unreasonable. Just misquoted allot.

Jun 23 06 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

David Moyle wrote:
Most people would buy a tv and watch it to be up on current events befoe making an ass out of themselves on a regular basis.

Being aware of current events is a good practice. Whether buying a tv and watching it would accomplish this is a separate issue. I'm surprised you didn't recommend listening to talk radio, though, since it's what you called a neutral source, and you've made your negative opinion about television fairly clear.

Jun 23 06 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

David Moyle wrote:
I'm not entirely unreasonable. Just misquoted allot.

Yes, the ability to cut-and-paste what was typed is such a hassle. smile

Jun 23 06 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Kevin Connery wrote:

Being aware of current events is a good practice. Whether buying a tv and watching it would accomplish this is a separate issue. I'm surprised you didn't recommend listening to talk radio, though, since it's what you called a neutral source, and you've made your negative opinion about television fairly clear.

Ah, I've said tv news was not accurate. There are other things one can watch to learn about history and nature and events happening in the world. You like to pick one thing I say and hang on to it. Basic reading and writing coprehension classes can help with that.

Jun 23 06 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

Terry Breedlove wrote:
Kevin all you have to do is look at the past performances by the left to know I am correct. After 911 you guys were all over the place with BUSH KNEW BUSH KNEW. That is the lefts history and well known MO.

"You guys"?

Try again.

Jun 23 06 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Kevin Connery wrote:
Yes, the ability to cut-and-paste what was typed is such a hassle. smile

Obviously, since you leave half of it out most of the time.

You're really very boring to talk to and transparent, but, none the less, fun to watch while making yourself look silly. It's like going to the zoo.

Well, I'll leave you to your intellectual masturbation and poo-flinging. Off to work. (you can post something to get the last word, I'm secure in myself enough to let you)

Jun 23 06 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

Terry Breedlove wrote:

I have to admit that virtually every Libertarian I've met had serious social-skill deficiencies--it's a shame, as I tend to agree with most of the party's political agenda.

Just because someone doesn't fight back directly doesn' t mean they'd watch meekly from the corner. Car accidents, falling down stairs, food poisoning, defective electrical devices, medical complications--it's amazing how often "miracles" are provided to the faithful.  smile

Jun 23 06 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

LOL smile

Jun 23 06 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

David Moyle wrote:
Well, I'll leave you to your intellectual masturbation and poo-flinging. Off to work. (you can post something to get the last word, I'm secure in myself enough to let you)

David, that’s a tred and tacky rhetorical trick. It was tired when it was abused in debates 500+ years ago, it infected USENET for decades, and it’s long been dismissed in legitimate debate. It’s even tackier when it includes a gratuitous insult.

By announcing that someone will "insist" on having the last word”, you’re pre-labeling any response--no matter how legimate or inane--as argumentative, no matter how legitimate it may be.

There's a wealth of examples.

“Feel free to say something witty in response so you can have the last word.”

“Now, you will post some rediculous "quote" of mine to have the last word, and I'll let you prove my point by not responding to it.”

“I had forgotten how tedious these exchanges really are. It's completely my fault and I apologize. You can have the last word, I've had enough. For Real. Back to work”

“So, fire away, because I know you will, and I know you will be sure to get the last word in, since you apparently have more time for this than me.”

“Otherwise you may have the last word on this subject. For once surprise me and make it intelligent rather than juvenile.”

Jun 23 06 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

ReallyRandy

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:
FYI:  Tim blew up a federal building in Oklahoma city not Kansas city. smile

But it still made a big impact in Kansas!

Jun 23 06 02:09 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

You crazy kids and your ability to argue over just about anything. Kudos to the feds for taking these morons down. And haha to the morons for never owning a copy of the anarchist cookbook.

Jun 23 06 04:52 pm Link