Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > our medical system

Model

dpretty

Ashland, Alabama, US

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:

You know...I was in agreement with everything you said....and wish we had a comparable system here...until the very end of your rant and the "shove it up your ass" remark......

Oh...how I love your superior British attitude!!!......you wouldn't have that attitude if we went back 60 years and let Hitler roll over your asses......and the vaunted British sense of justice.....we've seen it's head rear up in India...Ireland....Jereseulem....Cypress.....your British Empire where the "sun never set"....has had it's day....now you're just a second rate power strutting under the shadow of the United States......so, now you can "shove it up your ass"....Eh, What!!!

HEY! I wouldn't mind a little free dental work!
My dad makes big bucks as a lawyer and still can't pay to get my teeth cleaned. What the fu**? I make more than most people in this country at 8.50 an hour that's a dollar above minimum wage here in Oregon...and STILL I can't afford a car much less to pay off my emergency room debt from TWO YEARS AGO because I fell on a hot stove...what the fu**??? I mean, this stupid system has got me cornered...I'll keep trying and trying to get a good credit score so I won't get screwed up every back-alley insurance company, credit card company and car loan company. What the FUC*!!! This country SUCKS! And it's all because I don't deserve medical treatment, even when I have no choice. Do you think my job gave a crap that my hand was burned off? Where was my protection then?

Jun 24 06 08:45 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:
You know...I was in agreement with everything you said....and wish we had a comparable system here...until the very end of your rant and the "shove it up your ass" remark......

Oh...how I love your superior British attitude!!!......you wouldn't have that attitude if we went back 60 years and let Hitler roll over your asses......and the vaunted British sense of justice.....we've seen it's head rear up in India...Ireland....Jereseulem....Cypress.....your British Empire where the "sun never set"....has had it's day....now you're just a second rate power strutting under the shadow of the United States......so, now you can "shove it up your ass"....Eh, What!!!

We may no longer have an Empire... but universal free medical care we do got.

If Americans are not smart enough to FORCE it on their government to take the question up and provide the services, or maybe they just really like the "free market" care system [provided you can afford it] - who knows, I have no sympathy at all.

We're taxed to the hilt, as you guys seem to always point out, and it's true that we are... but we get the services back in the bargain... rich, poor, young, or old, with minor or major medical conditions.

If it were shoved it up my ass I could afford to go to hospital and have it removed.

I think this is disgusting... A woman writer friend living in the US, who is an  independent contractor; divorced; with two children; can not even BUY medical insurance in the US. The monthly premiums are more than she makes in an average month. Result? She gets sick she stays sick; the kids get sick they stay sick. THAT'S SICK!!!

Studio36

Jun 24 06 08:57 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

studio36uk wrote:

We may no longer have an Empire... but universal free medical care we do got.

If Americans are not smart enough to FORCE it on their government to take the question up and provide the services, or maybe they just really like the "free market" care system [provided you can afford it] - who knows, I have no sympathy at all.

We're taxed to the hilt, as you guys seem to always point out, and it's true that we are... but we get the services back in the bargain... rich, poor, young, or old, with minor or major medical conditions.

If it were shoved it up my ass I could afford to go to hospital and have it removed.

I think this is disgusting... A woman writer friend living in the US, who is an  independent contractor; divorced; with two children; can not even BUY medical insurance in the US. The monthly premiums are more than she makes in an average month. Result? She gets sick she stays sick; the kids get sick they stay sick. THAT'S SICK!!!

Studio36

Hey....I'm total agreement with you on the condition of health care in this country.....but please....keep the shove it remarks away....it doesn't add to your argument....it only comes across as hostile and belligerent.....

I'm totally disgusted with the health care system....I'm Vietnam vet on disability...and now they actually deduct the cost of my meds from my disability checks.....now that they can shove.....it totally sucks!!!....first they sent me to a shithole....were I got screwed up....and now I have to help pay for it......had I known then what I know now....I'd be a Canadian!!

Jun 24 06 11:54 am Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

BCG wrote:
but BUTTLOADS of canadians didlike the plan...thats why they come to the US for medical services...

Ohh, so they come here for that, and then we're all buying their drugs! ...weird.

Jun 25 06 01:08 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

BCG wrote:
but BUTTLOADS of canadians didlike the plan...thats why they come to the US for medical services...i recently had a test for some heart work done...*speak well of me at my funeral please*...any way...the place was overcrowded with old farts.

According to the study, 89 percent liked the plan.  And, except for waiting for services, why would someone with 'free' healthcare come to the U.S. and pay our prices?  There's a Canadian (B.C.) eye institute that advertises Lasix services, airfare to and back to US, hotel stay, and after care in the U.S. for about $500 less than you would pay for the same services here in the U.S. (it used to be 1/2 of US prices, but we've dropped our cost of providing Lasix because of the increased competition from Canadian providers and US providers).

As for the cost of pharmaceuticals, well we all know about the cost differences in Canada and Mexico compared to what use pay.  Usually from 1/3rd to 1/2 less in Canada.

/tim

Edit: and the thing that really ticks me off is that I want to retire to SE Asia - most likely Cambodia - but I'm afraid I won't be able to. Why?  Well, if you check out Medicare - the 'socialized' health insurance program for those 65 and over - it over covers health care provided in the USA, the most expensive health insurance in the world.  It will not pay cheaper health insurance costs in Canada, even. No way will it pay the extrememly inexpensive health care in Cambodia, but it will pay the obscenely overpriced cost in America. Why? Who do you think benefits from that policy?  /tim

Jun 25 06 01:22 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

when you charge $18.00 for an aspirin, someone in the chain of command should be shot and killed, and the family charged $18,000.00 for the rusty bullet.

Jun 25 06 01:25 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

BCG wrote:
when you charge $18.00 for an aspirin, someone in the chain of command should be shot and killed, and the family charged $18,000.00 for the rusty bullet.

Just plain old free-market, capitalistic health care.  /tim

Jun 25 06 01:30 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Tim Baker wrote:

Just plain old free-market, capitalistic health care.  /tim

while yes, you are right, it is still wrong.

Jun 25 06 01:31 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:
Hey....I'm total agreement with you on the condition of health care in this country.....but please....keep the shove it remarks away....it doesn't add to your argument....it only comes across as hostile and belligerent.....

I'm totally disgusted with the health care system....I'm Vietnam vet on disability...and now they actually deduct the cost of my meds from my disability checks.....now that they can shove.....it totally sucks!!!....first they sent me to a shithole....were I got screwed up....and now I have to help pay for it......had I known then what I know now....I'd be a Canadian!!

I know both systems and have worked and lived in both systems.

I am a VN vet as well [Danang AB 1964-65 w/ the 612thTFS / 401stTFW USAF]

Hostile? Belligerent? Of course and that's one reason why I retired to live in Britain... couldn't live in, or with, the US systems any longer... couldn't afford to.

Here's a factoid that will, or should, open some eyes: What are the two major causes, by far, for personal bankruptcy in the US today? Divorce and medical costs... not, as popular myth and politicians would have you believe it, overspending deadbeats trying to get out of paying their creditors.

Studio36

Jun 25 06 04:59 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

studio36uk wrote:

I know both systems and have worked and lived in both systems.

I am a VN vet as well [Danang AB 1964-65 w/ the 612thTFS / 401stTFW USAF]

Hostile? Belligerent? Of course and that's one reason why I retired to live in Britain... couldn't live in, or with, the US systems any longer... couldn't afford to.

Here's a factoid that will, or should, open some eyes: What are the two major causes, by far, for personal bankruptcy in the US today? Divorce and medical costs... not, as popular myth and politicians would have you believe it, overspending deadbeats trying to get out of paying their creditors.

Studio36

I just have to ask.....are you a US citizen who served in Vietnam and then moved to England???....

In which case....can I move in with you...LOL

Or are you a Brit who came here and got sent to Vietnam???

In which case you definitely deserve all the health care you can get.....MMMMm...LOL

Jun 25 06 07:39 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:
I just have to ask.....are you a US citizen who served in Vietnam and then moved to England???....

In which case....can I move in with you...LOL

Or are you a Brit who came here and got sent to Vietnam???

In which case you definitely deserve all the health care you can get.....MMMMm...LOL

Jun 25 06 10:18 am Link