Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Challenges, Contests, and Samples > Challenge - For Tearsheet for hospital

Clothing Designer

Skinny Bitch Swimwear

South Beach, Florida, US

a favor was recently asked of me by a friend who works for children's hospital.  they are starting a fund raiser and need an image for the header of the fund raising flyers.

they took a few pictures of a kid there who is waiting for a heart transplant.  his greatest wish is to be a superhero.  we are hoping that one photoshop wizard can make this kid look like a superhero for the header.

photo credit will be given on the flyer and it does count as a tearsheet.

challenge is this: 

message me with your email and i will email you the images and size requirements.  replace the hospital lobby with something " superheroish ", give him a superhero logo on his shirt, and make any cool adjustments you want.  the images will be judged by the hospital vice president on MONDAY MORNING.

i hope to see a bunch of these pics - it is a really really really sick kid's greatest wish.  it will give you massive credit not only as a professional - but also as a human.  the clock starts now!

Mar 13 10 07:48 am Link

Clothing Designer

Skinny Bitch Swimwear

South Beach, Florida, US

we're also going to print a full size poster for his hospital room.

Mar 13 10 07:49 am Link

Digital Artist

Eithne Ni Anluain

Dundalk, Louth, Ireland

I would have loved to do this, alas ye want it for Monday and tomorrow is Mothers Day here so ain't gonna happen. Pity, though.

Mar 13 10 08:13 am Link

Retoucher

ZARIHS RETOUCHER

Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

i dont know how to do that in photoshop but i fell very sad that only one reply for such a beautiful cause

Mar 13 10 06:14 pm Link

Retoucher

ZARIHS RETOUCHER

Ni Anluain wrote:
I would have loved to do this, alas ye want it for Monday and tomorrow is Mothers Day here so ain't gonna happen. Pity, though.

salute you must be a nice guy

Mar 13 10 06:15 pm Link

Retoucher

Chaviit0

Wenatchee, Washington, US

zarihs wrote:
i dont know how to do that in photoshop but i fell very sad that only one reply for such a beautiful cause

I feel the same!
Im an amateur at this!
I hope that someone as good as Ni Anluain do the job![=

Mar 13 10 06:38 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Skinny Bitch Swimwear

South Beach, Florida, US

actually, several have messaged us.  i'm hopeful that we get some amazing results.

Mar 13 10 08:11 pm Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Skinny Bitch Swimwear wrote:
actually, several have messaged us.  i'm hopeful that we get some amazing results.

Wonderful! Hope the photo comes out really nicely. I wish I was that skilled and had all the resources with manipulation, I would do a series! God bless the wizards involved, and good luck for the selection!

Its heartening to note that they are doing it knowing theirs might not even be selecting and ready for the chopping process of selection.

Mar 13 10 10:44 pm Link

Retoucher

Redline Studios Retouch

Saint George, Utah, US

Here is the first concept, I have a few others in mind.

https://i41.tinypic.com/10sahpe.jpg
will email you the high res.

Mar 14 10 01:39 am Link

Retoucher

Bloom_reflection

Plovdiv, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

I'm not so good in manipulation, but I hope you'll  find the proper person here because the  cause is worth it.

Mar 14 10 01:49 am Link

Retoucher

ZARIHS RETOUCHER

that's good work keep it up my friends

Mar 14 10 04:41 am Link

Retoucher

BrunetteGrenade

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Just a suggestion, but you may get more responses if you post a picture preview. A lot of the photo wizards like to see the photo they are going to be working with smile

Mar 14 10 06:51 am Link

Clothing Designer

Skinny Bitch Swimwear

South Beach, Florida, US

can i email the pics of the kid to someone to put them on this post?  i thought they might be too big.

Mar 14 10 09:11 am Link

Clothing Designer

Skinny Bitch Swimwear

South Beach, Florida, US

i'm trying to buy some extra time.  i'll admit i'm choked up a bit at the response.  thank you all.  you're some amazing people.

Mar 14 10 01:05 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Skinny Bitch Swimwear

South Beach, Florida, US

i got us more time... until 12:00 standard time tuesday.  i really hope you all try.

Mar 15 10 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

KB9NDF

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

westover imaging wrote:
Here is the first concept, I have a few others in mind.

https://i41.tinypic.com/10sahpe.jpg
will email you the high res.

Unfortunately, that image infringes on copyrights of Marvel and whomever manufactures the costume under license form Marvel.

Mar 15 10 10:06 pm Link

Digital Artist

Eithne Ni Anluain

Dundalk, Louth, Ireland

KB9NDF wrote:
Unfortunately, that image infringes on copyrights of Marvel and whomever manufactures the costume under license form Marvel.

That's my problem and why I went "fantasy" and then realized I cant do that so um....

Mar 16 10 09:41 am Link

Clothing Designer

Skinny Bitch Swimwear

South Beach, Florida, US

we'll be announcing the winner shortly smile

Mar 20 10 09:01 am Link

Clothing Designer

Skinny Bitch Swimwear

South Beach, Florida, US

sorry, we're waiting for the board's choice.  there are some really good images to consider.

Mar 21 10 10:27 pm Link

Retoucher

Chaviit0

Wenatchee, Washington, US

There are some really good images to consider.

That is soo good!
Im happy for the kid![=

Mar 21 10 10:55 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Skinny Bitch Swimwear

South Beach, Florida, US

and the winner is.... Rick Reneau. 

Rick, thank you so much for your work on the project.  Children's Hospital will be organizing all the media that your image will be on, and writing a letter of recommendation and thanks.  you will be receiving all printed and video materials shortly, so please message me your address.

and special thanks to everyone who participated in the contest.  if i knew how to post a link to the winning shot - i would.  Rick, if you'd do the honors smile

Apr 08 10 10:40 am Link

Photographer

KB9NDF

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

and the winner is.... Rick Reneau. 

Rick, thank you so much for your work on the project.  Children's Hospital will be organizing all the media that your image will be on, and writing a letter of recommendation and thanks.  you will be receiving all printed and video materials shortly, so please message me your address.

and special thanks to everyone who participated in the contest.  if i knew how to post a link to the winning shot - i would.  Rick, if you'd do the honors smile

I just noticed this update, so I apologize for the delay.
Here is my entry, though I'm not sure which background they ultimately desire...

https://reneau.smugmug.com/photos/810571279_48jgf-X2.jpg

Apr 09 10 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Douglas_Elgenor

Jackson, Tennessee, US

Can we see the winning photo please!!

Apr 09 10 01:35 pm Link