Forums > Model Colloquy > Your first shoot

Model

Duckiey

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

What was your first shoot like? Were you nervous. Was he nice? How did it come about?

Jul 24 05 12:27 pm Link

Model

Jen-E

Nashville, Tennessee, US

My first shoot was with Dennis Sindrey in Memphis, TN. He knew it was my first shoot and made me extrememly comfortable. We spent the whole shoot joking around, and he caught me off guard when shooting my pics. None looked posed and all of them came out great. I had talked to him on the phone for about an hour or two before I left for the trip and I was still nervous the entire drive. As soon as we started working together, my nervousness disappeared.

I still get nervous sometimes when shooting, but it usually passes after the first break.

The only problems I had was learning when/how to suck in my stomach(had just had a baby), and how to move in front of the camera while he was shooting. He taught me a lot about positioning my hands to direct the viewers eyes to what I wanted them to see.

Most photographers I"ve met will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, and if you tell them it's your first shoot, they can be very educational to you for your modeling.

Jul 24 05 01:26 pm Link