Forums > Newbie Forum > Breast Implants....?

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

Cherrystone wrote:

This is not the best of reasons to be getting implants.
Odds are, you are just paying more attention to larger breasted models.

Trust me when I say you will get plenty of attention from photographers with your breasts just the way they are.

i agree

Apr 12 10 08:50 am Link

Model

Janos

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Michael Knigge wrote:
Beauty comes from confidence in one's own self.  Frankly, a smaller chested woman is just as attractive as a woman with larger breasts.  How a woman comes across in their demeanor and poise means everything.

You could not of said it any better! wink

Apr 12 10 08:52 am Link

Model

Jenn Kendall

Rochester, New York, US

Post hidden on Apr 12, 2010 09:30 am
Reason: not helpful
Comments:
hiding the unhelpful part of the quote.

Apr 12 10 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Ed J Thomas

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom

Jenn Kendall wrote:
That's very funny....any way you could send that to me?

To steal almost any picture from the web. Right click it and click "Save Image As.." or "Save Picture As.."

Apr 12 10 09:09 am Link

Model

MelissaA

Portland, Maine, US

TylerMonroe wrote:

Apr 12 10 09:12 am Link

Photographer

sig

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

UrbanShutter wrote:
I don't mean this to be rude or harsh, but it escapes me why any woman or model would think at artificial body parts would or should enhance your beauty or confidence!  It's a myth.

Hmm... it's not a myth, but any sort of augmentation or alteration doesn't do the same thing for everyone.  I have a non-model friend who draws a great deal of confidence from her implants.... will it do the same for the OP?  No idea.. but she seems to think it would.

UrbanShutter wrote:
So in closing, love yourself, improve yourself in way that you won't be ashamed of or regret as you mature.

Yes.... my personal preference would be 'nay,' but OP, do whatever you think is best for you and your situation.

Apr 12 10 09:16 am Link

Model

Jenn Kendall

Rochester, New York, US

Ed J Thomas wrote:

To steal almost any picture from the web. Right click it and click "Save Image As.." or "Save Picture As.."

I can save it as a image but not as as the moving bar thing.....course I have a new MacBook Pro and I am not real good with it yet.

Apr 12 10 09:18 am Link

Model

-Jen-

Howell, Michigan, US

Moderator Warning!
stop threadjacking.

Apr 12 10 09:30 am Link

Model

KristaLGHT

Austin, Texas, US

UrbanShutter wrote:

I don't mean this to be rude or harsh, but it escapes me why any woman or model would think at artificial body parts would or should enhance your beauty or confidence!  It's a myth.

Why do women wear makeup or get their hair done?  Why do guys shave chest hair?  Or numerous piercings or tattoos?  It's the same principle and goal.  Sometimes we all need a little something to boost our perception of our self-image.  And if it makes YOU feel good about YOUSELF, then who is anyone to say that it's a myth that they enhance your beauty. 

That said, I have implants and LOVE them.  I didn't do crazy Dolly Parton sized upgrades but I did about a cup size and love it.  To me it was worth it.  And for the most part you can't see or tell that I have implants. 

There's a lot of work that goes into the healing process.  Honestly, I think a better question would be if people had implants and how it's benefit/detriment to them rather than if you should get them.

Apr 12 10 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Photos by Allen wrote:
Generally my advice would be no... stay natural.  But you cause to arise an additional question.  How can one judge the necessity of a change when you can't even SEE what it is you want to change? 

Which brings me to another comment I can't resist.  Why do models say in their profile they will do certain kinds of shots (and I don't mean just nudes) and then they don't show ANY examples of those shots?  If you will do swimsuit - show yourself in a swimsuit; if you say you shoot fashion, show an example; and if you say you'll do nudes, SHOW AN EXAMPLE!  And if you don't have any examples - get them BEFORE you publish your portfolio.

Sorry for the rant and you aren't alone - I just don't understand it.

I have a shoot Saturday with a model who is willing to shoot nudes.  There aren't any in her portfolio because, **she hasn't done any yet.***  I'm sure that's not always the reason, but every model who shoots nudes hadn't done so yet at some point.  Same with other styles.

Apr 12 10 10:03 am Link

Model

Crystal DS

Arlington, Texas, US

do what feels right.

no implants for me. smile

Apr 12 10 10:10 am Link

Model

Marissa Renay

San Dimas, California, US

Hi
I had the same delema. Thinking I would get more work if I had implants. I can tell you that every photographer I have shot with or that has looked at my port told me not to get them. I knew I was thinking about getting implants not because I personally wanted them but because I thought it would make me look more appealing. I know the time is not right for me. So untill you want to do it for yourself and not because of modeling then I would say dont get them right now.
Good luck with your modeling .
Marissa R

Apr 12 10 10:20 am Link

Artist/Painter

De Kunstemaker

Weert, Limburg, Netherlands

Breast implants always look terrible! Besides, sooner or later they wil give you breastcancer!

Apr 12 10 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

myfotographer

Fresno, California, US

Nay.

Apr 12 10 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

jandj studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

LeDeux Art wrote:

i agree

absolutely !

Apr 12 10 06:11 pm Link

Model

Johana L

Los Angeles, California, US

Don't do it because other women have them. There are many women that don't have breast implants and are beautiful and natural. I got mine because I always wanted big ones smile. It seemed like everyone in my family had big ones but me. I did it because of me.. because I wanted it.

Apr 12 10 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

ClickMore

Cranleigh, England, United Kingdom

Be proud of who you are. Don't do the implants as your boobs will never look right. They will always look fake.

Apr 14 10 08:32 am Link

Model

ashleigh jacques

Leeds, England, United Kingdom

Johana L wrote:
Don't do it because other women have them. There are many women that don't have breast implants and are beautiful and natural. I got mine because I always wanted big ones smile. It seemed like everyone in my family had big ones but me. I did it because of me.. because I wanted it.

all my family has larger than life boobs, i know im only 18, but i havent grown since i was about 15..... so i'm guessing im not going to again!!

i've been thinking about trying some herbal tablets you can buy, suppose to boost your cup size.

im a 32D but you wouldnt think it !!

x

Apr 14 10 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

Art By Ellipsis

Vaasa, Ostrobothnia, Finland

My vote is NO on the implants.

There was a MM member who died about a year ago, in the middle of implant surgery.  It's rare, but it can happen, and it's just not worth the risk.  And they don't look as good, IMO.

Apr 14 10 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

Beyond Boudoir Photo

Portland, Oregon, US

Another vote for staying natural here.

Apr 14 10 06:59 pm Link

Model

Alisyn Carliene

San Bernardino, California, US

You haven't looked deep enough, many glamour models are flat chested but I think it's cute!
And Idk how old u are but as soon as I turned 20, I grew dramatically.

Apr 14 10 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Small & Perky beats ready-to-pop any day in my book!! Life long, card carrying member of the IBTC ( itty bitty titty committee ) ;-)))

Apr 14 10 07:23 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

De Kunstemaker wrote:
Breast implants always look terrible! Besides, sooner or later they wil give you breastcancer!

LOL wut?

Apr 14 10 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

Night Beat

San Francisco, California, US

Another vote for "natural".  I don't retouch, so scars are a problem when I'm shooting women who have had surgery. 

As to the comments about ink, I'd hold it at what you have for now till you see how things are going.  A great deal of ink is more limiting than breast size. 

But, since we're talking about breasts, pierced nipples would eliminate you from consideration for some of my work (as would facial piercings). 

Any change that you make will cause some doors to open while others will close. 

Above all, a big "+1" to those who said you should do it only for YOU, not for modeling, a lover, etc. 

Best wishes,

Mike

Apr 14 10 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

Matt K Photography

Sacramento, California, US

....I list in my profile my preference for shooting only naturally endowed models.  For me personally, I much prefer whatever size and real versus huge and fake.  Its why I let my 28 year subscription to Playboy lapse, its become the boob-job-of-the-month club. 

However, you should do what you feel is best for you and your life, without regard to modeling.  Make sure you research it thoroughly, with special attention to the long term health consequences and what the ramifications are if you get pregnant and you choose to nurse your baby. 

Matt

Apr 14 10 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

bmiSTUDIO

Morristown, Vermont, US

ashleigh jacques wrote:
I'm just starting out modelling, and am wanting to do glamour, topless etc more than fashion. But looking through other models picture, I am so flat chested compared to them.
So yay or nay to breast implants....??
I just feel they would boost my confidence
loveeeee
ashleigh
xx

If your breasts are firm and full, even though they may be a small cup size, I don't think implants will be an improvement. For some reason glamour seems to value large breasts, often to the extent that unnatural looking breasts are totally acceptable. I can't understand why any model would trade small beautiful breasts for freakish implants. I hate to see you fall into that trap. You seem to possess the qualities and look of an art model and I can see you doing fashion nudes, as well. Stay natural and see how much work you can get with topless art and fashion.

Apr 14 10 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

jeffery brown

Houston, Texas, US

i vote YES get the implants!
umm, ok not really, i just thought i'd be different  :p

youve stated you cant love yourself anymore, so obviously you dont feel you need them other than for "modeling". my question is this: if thats the case, what happens in a yr or two or three etc if/when you dont model anymore, ya dig?  you'll just be stuck with these big things you "didnt need" in your chest, hehe smile

Apr 14 10 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Dilts

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

It has to be a personal choice. It's no doubt that breast augmentation has an effect on a career. But I think that has more to do with the woman behind the breasts.

Apr 14 10 09:16 pm Link

Model

Victoria Bella

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Stay natural..u look proportional!
Best of luck!

Apr 14 10 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

Gordon Harvey

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

don't unless they are for you. there is just as much market for small, medium, and large breasts as any other.

Apr 14 10 10:06 pm Link

Model

Celeste Orchid

København, Hovedstaden, Denmark

I'm very tiny and petite.  I look at other models everywhere and realize that I don't have much women curves.  Indeed I have contemplated at the thought of implants.  But a lot of people definitely prefer real over fakes.  I would say try the herbal teas and supplements for at least a few months, if you really aren't satisfied with yourself and maybe its just the attitude you put in towards modeling.  Everyone is beautiful.  All in all, big boobs or now, they're going to sag eventually.

Apr 14 10 10:10 pm Link

Model

Michael M Wolfe

Springfield, Virginia, US

There is this image in my mind from an extremely long time ago. It is of a nude woman. Her butt, waist, back and belly curved and twisted to form a torso that I can't stop thinking about. Her belly had a line running up the center. No six pack abs to distract from the artistic presentation. Her breasts were the smallest I can remember on any woman that I thought was sexy. My salivary glands ached like they do right before you bite into some kind of delicious fruit. Large breasts would have ruined this sexy artistic torso. I never realized that I could appreciate small breasts so much until I saw this photo.
   It's not how big the breasts are. It's the whole picture. The whole body.
   I put out a casting call recently for a female to model with me nude. Around 8 or 9 georgous women answered the call. My favorite was the girl who had the smallest breasts because of the way she presented her body. She thrusted her chest out like she had the most desirable breasts in the world. It's the whole picture, not the parts that make it up.
   I think you need to realize how sexy you look right now before going any further.

Apr 25 10 01:07 pm Link