Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Model Mayhem Webcam Chat Room Now Open

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

ASYLUM - Art Nudes wrote:
I wonder who actually does hold the ban hammer.

I see one can get flagged by anyone, does that automatically kick someone out?

Either way, definitely need a new place, otherwise everyone will be banned it seems.

I think we have a Troll/asswipe/former MM member/random stranger (pick one) having juvenile fun with the "report" button. hmm

We need a private, MM members only, chat room with moderator powers held by one of us.

May 23 10 06:15 am Link

Photographer

ASYLUM - Art Nudes

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Jim Ball wrote:

I think we have a Troll/asswipe/former MM member/random stranger (pick one) having juvenile fun with the "report" button. hmm

I'm thinking the same thing.

May 23 10 06:21 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

If anyone knows of some good software to put on a website to do this I could probably set one up for y'all. I've been wanting to do this for photoshop webinars but don't wanna put out the cash if it won't work.

May 23 10 06:30 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

I just read throug tinychat's privacy policy & TOS and could not find anything dealing with the subject of nudity.  Where is this info on their site?

I did find that it looks like only the room moderator has ban capabilities.  Also, if the room is empty, the first person to sign in gets to be the moderator! yikes  This happened to me yesterday morning when I checked the room and found it empty.  Instead of the usual sign-in, it started to assign me as moderator.

Edit:  I found this on a second read:

Tinychat requires that all users, broadcasters and chat participants only produce broadcasts and messages that are suitable for mainstream audiences and that are not generally considered objectionable or offensive. Tinychat will remove any video and/or chat discussions that are found to be in violation of this policy. Tinychat reserves the right to remove without notice any content communicated by any user(s) for any reason. Tinychat has no obligation to delete, remove or modify any content.

That's actually pretty vague, and does not specifically prohibit nudity - although I suspect Jebbia's crossed the line there a time or two! tongue

May 23 10 07:35 am Link

Model

Not active any moooreee

Reading, England, United Kingdom

I'd say removing the link from OP is a good idea, so anyone who wants it has to PM. That way less strangers should be able to find us.

May 23 10 07:46 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Kitty Mutant wrote:
I'd say removing the link from OP is a good idea, so anyone who wants it has to PM. That way less strangers should be able to find us.

That would reduce it against future problems, but the troublemakers & trolls have already found it and have been coming back each night.

A better solution might be an entirely new room with a different URL, and not make that url public.

May 23 10 08:05 am Link

Model

Not active any moooreee

Jim Ball wrote:

That would reduce it against future problems, but the troublemakers & trolls have already found it and have been coming back each night.

A better solution might be an entirely new room with a different URL, and not make that url public.

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. It's a good idea, me thinks.

May 23 10 08:48 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jim Ball wrote:

The only problem I have with that is having to constantly answer PM's..That could get a bit out of hand.

Plus, if I'm not at my desk that leaves people knocking but can't get in.

May 23 10 10:09 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Ok. I will make a new room and make the URL private. But I want 5 volunteer gatekeepers.

May 23 10 10:11 am Link

Model

Ana Chel

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I don't know how this would work, but with cooperation from MM then maybe we could have a chat room where you'd log in with your MM credentials.

May 23 10 10:13 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Ok. I will make a new room and make the URL private. But I want 5 volunteer gatekeepers.

Shared moderator duties?  I'll volunteer.

May 23 10 10:34 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jim Ball wrote:
Shared moderator duties?  I'll volunteer.

Noted. What I will do is change the OP and list 5 volunteer gatekeepers starting with yourself.

However, be aware that it might get a little overwhelming with people PMing you with requests.

May 23 10 10:51 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

So is the link in the OP ded?

May 23 10 11:05 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Nemi wrote:
So is the link in the OP ded?

No. It's still open. I have some stuff I need to do today, so i'll edit the OP and set up the other room when I get back.

May 23 10 11:13 am Link

Model

MYS Britt

San Diego, California, US

guys ...ANY one can join MM!

May 23 10 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

MYS Britt  wrote:
guys ...ANY one can join MM!

Yes Ma'am. But we prefer only MM members.

May 23 10 11:18 am Link

Photographer

ASYLUM - Art Nudes

https://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad356/asylumphoto/Screenshot2010-05-23at24754PM.png

May 23 10 11:51 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

https://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad356/asylumphoto/Screenshot2010-05-23at24754PM.png

Hayson, I hate you.

May 23 10 11:57 am Link

Photographer

ASYLUM - Art Nudes

Nemi wrote:

Hayson, I hate you.

Not my fault you were sneezing while I was trying to take a picture of Ninja.

May 23 10 11:59 am Link

Model

Sadie Seuss

Saint Augustine, Florida, US

Not my fault you were sneezing while I was trying to take a picture of Ninja.

creeper!

May 23 10 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Noted. What I will do is change the OP and list 5 volunteer gatekeepers starting with yourself.

However, be aware that it might get a little overwhelming with people PMing you with requests.

No problem.  Before I provide the link to just anyone, I may ask for a second opinion or two from the other four volunteers if I get link requests from random MM members who do not regularly post in the forums or are unknown to SF2 regulars, or who are known troublemakers.

May 23 10 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

ASYLUM - Art Nudes

Sadie Seuss wrote:

creeper!

You don't even know!

May 23 10 12:33 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

Jim Ball wrote:

No problem.  Before I provide the link to just anyone, I may ask for a second opinion or two from the other four volunteers if I get link requests from random MM members who do not regularly post in the forums or are unknown to SF2 regulars, or who are known troublemakers.

I already don't feel welcome, as I am not an SF2 regular. Having it private like this and with restrictions on who can get a link to the chat only perpetuates the idea of having an "in" crowd. Jmo.

May 23 10 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Natasha240 wrote:

I already don't feel welcome, as I am not an SF2 regular. Having it private like this and with restrictions on who can get a link to the chat only perpetuates the idea of having an "in" crowd. Jmo.

And I'm a known troublemaker.

May 23 10 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Natasha240 wrote:

All we want to do is keep out the underage kids, trolls and non-members mainly.  There's over a million members on MM.  The forum posters are pretty well known.  Nobody has suggested a post count requirement.  I don't know why you don't feel welcome on sf2, but I would never keep you from joining the chatroom. smile

May 23 10 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:

And I'm a known troublemaker.

Yeah, but you're OUR known troublemaker... tongue

May 23 10 02:00 pm Link

Model

Not active any moooreee

Natasha240 wrote:

I'm not a regular in SF2 either, but I'm fine in there. smile

May 23 10 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Everyone is welcome. I assure you of that.

May 23 10 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Everyone is welcome. I assure you of that.

Ehhhh, I think a privately OWNED chatroom is a bad idea

May 23 10 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Syowa - permanent station of Japan, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

Yeah, some dude wearing a bikini is on there.  Now I'm feeling a bit disturbed.

May 23 10 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Gryph B wrote:

Yeah, I had to clean my monitor to be sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing, now I wish I wouldn't have cleaned it

May 23 10 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

that's why you disable webcams that have men in them!

May 23 10 03:10 pm Link

Model

Galas

Atlanta, Georgia, US

damn! I missed it! tell me someone got a picture!

May 23 10 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Right now, I've got Moderator powers in tinychat.  The dude in a bikini assures me he is an MM member.

I'm thinking seriously about asking a couple of others for their MM numbers, and if I don't get them, to kick their asses off.  Everyone from MM welcome - yes.

Everyone else - piss off.

It's John's room though.  If he doesn't want me to do this, then I will ignore them.

May 23 10 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Leo Howard wrote:
Ehhhh, I think a privately OWNED chatroom is a bad idea

I agree with that. I've always been one to welcome all. Even those I don't necessarily like.

Honestly, I think the Tinychat is fine. Just keep your clothes on. (reminds self)...

Anyone we wanna see naked, just go to their portfolios... But the minute you start inviting only certain people is when the fun ends. It's what ruined the Yahoo chats we used to do.

Sort of reminds me of Lord of the Flies.

May 23 10 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Gryph B wrote:

I'm not surprised.

May 23 10 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

John Jebbia wrote:

I agree with that. I've always been one to welcome all. Even those I don't necessarily like.

Honestly, I think the Tinychat is fine. Just keep your clothes on. (reminds self)...

Anyone we wanna see naked, just go to their portfolios... But the minute you start inviting only certain people is when the fun ends. It's what ruined the Yahoo chats we used to do.

I think anyone on MM should be welcome. smile  If they prove to be a troll, then deal with them later.

We do need to filter out the general public just to keep the underaged kids out, if nothing else.

MM never claimed to be family friendly.

May 23 10 03:31 pm Link

Model

Galas

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I have to go do a shoot with some weird looking inflatable ball thing. I'll check the chat later.

May 23 10 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Ditto. To be frank, the naked peeps are helping to invite this. So if people are offended that men come in with bikini's on, they'll have to check their irony at the door. Me personally, I don't really care either way, it is what it is.

May 23 10 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Galas wrote:
damn! I missed it! tell me someone got a picture!

Pictures are throughout the thread.

May 23 10 03:48 pm Link