Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > is this a rating site?

Model

Aurora

Dallas, Georgia, US

I am not trying to be snarky and I think this site is fab..

But I would like to bring something up. And I see it on more than this site, I see it on OMP and N-M too. (Particularly N-M) .. People creating profiles (generally some jock guy or young teen girl) with snapshots or webcam pix who are basically looking for people to tell them they're 'hot'. It's fine if people want to give compliments, I do it myself.. But my understanding is that modeling portfolio sites are to make modeling connections and not for the sole reason of getting your self esteem boosted by posting pictures of your underage self in your panties. Where's your mom at?

/end rant.

I know this site is kind of myspace like, and maybe it's fine to create profiles for getting 'you're hot' but maybe there should be a different catagory for people who sign up just to look and chat, and not have to say they're models or togs, or etc.

Apr 27 05 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Curt Lout Photography

Spearfish, South Dakota, US

It’s pretty easy to figure out who’s looking for what... I’ve made some really good contacts already. I just posted some new photos, check them out!

Apr 27 05 06:35 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by Shovelhead Curt: 
It?s pretty easy to figure out who?s looking for what... I?ve made some really good contacts already. I just posted some new photos, check them out! 

Ditto so check out my new pics..lol

May 05 05 12:47 am Link

Photographer

John Landers

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Posted by Aurora:Where's your mom at?

My sentiments exactly.

May 05 05 09:39 am Link

Model

Yaya

Marietta, Georgia, US

I like the friends' list set up and the simplicity with with you can get in touch with other members (tag 'em!), but I also agree that this site is a lot more casual than say Musecube or OMP. It's of course fantastic to receive instant feedback for your images and portfolio, but I think to really build contacts and make business happen, private e-mails and phonecalls are the way.

But I've seen some AMAZING talents so far and I believe that because this site is starting out, and hence smaller than other modeling community sites, you can be "found" much easier. To locate any model or photographer on OMP is like a treasure hunt!

Yaya
www.angelicstar.net

May 07 05 01:45 pm Link

Model

C

West Hartford, Connecticut, US

Posted by Aurora: 
I(Particularly N-M) .. People creating profiles (generally some jock guy or young teen girl) with snapshots or webcam pix who are basically looking for people to tell them they're 'hot'. It's fine if people want to give compliments, I do it myself.. But my understanding is that modeling portfolio sites are to make modeling connections and not for the sole reason of getting your self esteem boosted by posting pictures of your underage self in your panties. Where's your mom at?

I'm here to try and make some contacts so that when I do try and get into the business I know a few faces. That also means that right now the only pictures I have have been taken by me.

The people who want to get the compliments will leave as soon as people see they dont actually want to do anything. Just my view

May 07 05 08:31 pm Link