Forums > Model Colloquy > questions about DECO MODELS INC in miami beach, fl

Model

MZa

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Hey..
I'm kinda new to modeling, recently I submitted a few photos to a couple of different agencies a few weeks ago like Deco Models inc, M3 modeling inc, and House of Style-STL. Awhile ago, House of Style emailed me back and today  Deco Models inc, emailed me back. I was wondering; first of all are they legit? They dont have any bad reviews our anything..I really just want to know how their agency operates..I dont want to be scammed or anything. Is this agency worht my time? (keep in mind I do live in St. Louis, MO and would be traveling to miami beach, FL)..

Just let me know you thoughts..
thanks!

Aug 25 11 02:43 pm Link

Model

QuietAsKept

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I met with Deco Models in the past. I do not recommend them since they are a portfolio mill.

Aug 25 11 06:06 pm Link

Model

TaraLynn

Miami Beach, Florida, US

haha I signed with Deco this year and the only thing I've paid them is $90 for my comp cards which is absolutely necessary to have. When I moved to miami I came with a portfolio and had experience so they were able to immediately start booking me. If you have no experience and no professional pictures (that your agent can proudly send to her clients to get you BOOKED) then you will need to shoot so you can get pictures and a comp card made! Simple.

Deco Models is not a scam. I've been working with them for about 9 months now and have traveled internationally, worked on SAG commercials and booked countless other jobs with them. I am able to be a full-time model thanks to Deco smile

Oct 18 13 10:24 am Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

I know they have some good models on their boards

Oct 18 13 11:38 am Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Aug 28 14 09:11 pm Link

Model

J Jessica

Coconut Creek, Florida, US

They offered me a two year contract last week when I met with them.
smile
I already have a portfolio with experience so I've never experienced any 'portfolio mill' stuff.

I was told I needed less edgy shots in order for them to market me, so I should test more on my own or with photographers they know. I'm guessing they want the happy Macy's catalogue type thing.

The owner and rest of staff seemed really nice.

EDIT:

But... This thread is from 2011...

Aug 29 14 04:46 am Link