Forums > Critique > Pinup hairstyles and modeling!

Hair Stylist

Britt Castaneda

Farmers Branch, Texas, US

I have been in love with the idea of recreating vintage pinup looks and am just getting started with hairstyles.I've also showed a bit of the wardobe I've provided as well.

I think I still need work,but wanted an outside opinion on how close to an era accurate look I achieved.So far it's mostly looks of the 50's.

Also,I am in my avatar(Naughty or Nice) and am interested in doing a little pinup myself,my concern is that at 35 that ship may have sailed.
Or,I just don't have what it takes regardless of age.

Opinions,greatly appreciated!

Thanks loves!

Aug 15 05 05:48 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

First, I think you are gorgeous and should disregard your age as a factor to whether you should do any modeling. I have seen women here who are "29" and they know good and damn well they are pushing 45.. You don't appear to be 35 to me so that's a plus.
Second, yes I think you're doing a great job at styling hair thus far. It's not an easy style to learn, but you seem to be doing pretty good at it.

Aug 15 05 08:19 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Britt Castaneda

Farmers Branch, Texas, US

Thanks so much for the critique.I don't feel as silly looking into this at such a late age now.For the most part I'd just like to have a little fun with it,do some trade.
I don't expect it to pay the bills.

Aug 15 05 09:42 pm Link

Model

Aurora

Dallas, Georgia, US

I think your work on hair is great, plus you are quite cute smile

Aug 16 05 01:23 am Link

Model

PinayVampyre

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sorry to disappoint you but you look pretty at your age smile

Ever since I've laid eyes on Bettie Page's pictures I've had wishes to be a pin up model (I'm not sure if my ethnicity has anything to do with it or because I look like a kid.)  I can't seem to pull it off, well I haven't tried.

I wish you were closer to where I am to help me out.

Anyway, good luck with your work smile

Sep 21 05 02:38 pm Link