Forums > Critique > Does your Avatar make me want to see your port?

Model

shibaswindler

Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom

Does mine?

Aug 08 12 04:06 pm Link

Model

Shauni Mary Jane

Thief River Falls, Minnesota, US

Peach Jones wrote:

no....probably not

this, and cropped tighter to show off your eyes more:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/p … 3#29390273

P.S.--LOVE your port and look!

Wait, is that not already my avi? hmm if not, must be a glitch.

Aug 08 12 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

FHS Photography

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

I am in, let me have it.

Aug 08 12 05:58 pm Link

Model

SerenaLynn

Denver, Colorado, US

What do you think?

Aug 08 12 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Merry Jane wrote:

Wait, is that not already my avi? hmm if not, must be a glitch.

Whoops, so sorry. I messed up. Either crop your existing avi or use this one:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/p … 6#28991236

but both need to be cropped a bit tighter if used as an avi to highlight your amazing eyes even more. They are fantastic!

Aug 08 12 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

shibaswindler wrote:
Does mine?

oh yes!

The eyes are like the cherry on top!

Aug 08 12 06:56 pm Link

Model

Michaela-Ann

Bendigo, Victoria, Australia

Me? smile

Aug 08 12 07:03 pm Link

Model

J Jessica

Coconut Creek, Florida, US

Me

Aug 08 12 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Aug 08 12 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

serena lynn wrote:
What do you think?

Maybe. You have a fabulous body, but it is a wee tad small in that avi.  You have others in your port that I think would serve you better

Aug 08 12 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Michaela181 wrote:
Me? smile

Maybe
60/40

Aug 08 12 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

J Jessica  wrote:
Me

no

Aug 08 12 07:20 pm Link

Model

Audrey Dasia

Santa Rosa, California, US

What do you think?

Aug 08 12 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

Diamonds and Tiaras

Dartford, England, United Kingdom

Peach Jones wrote:
Well, I will tell you what I think. That is pretty much all I can do, and you can choose what to do with what I tell you.

there are avatars that will catch my eye when I post on another person's photo, thread or even on the main page, some avatar's will catch my eye. What makes those Avatar's stand out? Here is a short list:

1. bigger is usually better. Far away photos don't work on a small avatar. They have to grab my attention in about 1/4 of a second at most, and if my eye/brain has to figure out the avatar photo because you are too small in it or it is too busy, then it will not catch my eye

2. Colors.....bright colors catch my eye better. White (not so much a color but you get the idea) and red do the job the best. If you do a B/W then make sure that it really pops me in the face and says "HEY!! Look at me!!"  That is why I use the avatar that I use. It stands out. If the photos was smaller, it would not stand out. Do you agree?

3. Photos with curves and lines work very well. I will quantify this up front by saying I am a huge heterosexual. Just the way I am. We all have things about the opposite sex that really catch our attention. Look at the previous comments I have made......especially the ones that say "100% yes". There is something in the photo that sets the female apart.......legs, curves, behind, eyes, ........those catch my eye alot. And if you can highlight them, then I will more likely look at your port.......and maybe even list  or want to work with you if even possible.

4. Males. As I said before, I am a heterosexual. So you are already at a disadvantage if you are a male model. However, I will look more if you have a very creative avatar (because I like creativity no matter what your sex is), and I also enjoy beauty. Beauty can be male or female, but once again I inherently believe that females have more inherent beauty. Just the way I am.

OK, now to your avatar. You have some great bright colors, which works well. But if I was quickly scanning a page, I am not sure if the colors alone would make me want to look, simply because the things I listed above in #3 are not there for the most part. And collages don't work 99% of the time because an already small avatar is already smaller......therefore I can barely even see her eyes let alone know if they are captivating.  Once again, all this is my opinion, and someone else may give you a different opinion. So value this as much as you choose. It just doesn't hit me in the face and say "look at me". In order to do that you are going to need something with a lot more pop. Something that will take it from a good avatar to a WOW factor avatar. These are the ones I think would do good for you and why:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/p … 3#28977223
It has red......which is the biggest attention getter......and it has legs. nice legs. I think a different angle with this model would work better overall, but it works for an avatar

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/p … 3#28977213
see above

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/p … 0#28884340
the red and the boldness of the attitude of the model.

One large thing that everyone needs to realize.....me included......is that your avatar work does not need to be your best work. It doesn't even need to be a good comprised shot is many respects. It simply must grab the eye of someone of an extremely short time and give them a reason to see more. Good luck and thanks for stopping by!!

Awsoem feedback. thankyou so much. I will take all of that on board and keep it in mind. Thankyou again for honest feedback x

Aug 09 12 06:37 am Link

Retoucher

MM020

Braşov, Braşov, Romania

me?

Aug 09 12 06:50 am Link

Model

shibaswindler

Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom

Peach Jones wrote:

oh yes!

The eyes are like the cherry on top!

Thank you smile

Aug 09 12 10:07 am Link

Model

Veritas4Venus

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Me?

Aug 09 12 10:09 am Link

Photographer

Alicia Loy

Mission Viejo, California, US

mine? :3

Aug 09 12 10:09 am Link

Model

Nicole M C

New York, New York, US

What about me?

Aug 09 12 10:19 am Link

Photographer

DG IMAGES

Doral, Florida, US

I'll play

Aug 09 12 10:35 am Link

Photographer

TallPix

Miami Springs, Florida, US

I will play.
How many identical twins do u see in avatars?

Aug 09 12 10:39 am Link

Model

StephBar

Seattle, Washington, US

Well what about mine? Someone said they would, for 'morbid curiosity' and if that is also in your case, okay, fine - but, if you wouldn't look at all, how about telling me what I could do to improve...? I'm curious. But a simple yes or no would do just fine, too smile

Aug 09 12 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Audrey Dasia wrote:
What do you think?

Probably not

Aug 09 12 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

Urban Moda

Sarasota, Florida, US

Would you?

Aug 09 12 03:55 pm Link

Model

Foxy Tokala

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I am also curious and if the answer is no, please tell me why not big_smile

Aug 09 12 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

pxspace wrote:
me?

Probably yes

Aug 09 12 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Veritas4Venus wrote:
Me?

Yes

Aug 09 12 04:42 pm Link

Model

Kimora Wolfe

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Bring on the criticism. x) I'm new and I could use it.

Aug 09 12 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Alicia Loy wrote:
mine? :3

no

Aug 10 12 05:43 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

RayeBlonde wrote:
Bring on the criticism. x) I'm new and I could use it.

I like the contrast and creativity. Just needs to be cropped tighter

Aug 10 12 05:45 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Urban Moda wrote:
Would you?

def yes!

Aug 10 12 05:46 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Foxy Tokala wrote:
I am also curious and if the answer is no, please tell me why not big_smile

No. It blends too much and does not stand out as an avatar, which is the goal. To be noticed. I looked at your port and you have an amazing rockin' body. Use your curves and your sleekness for your avatar. Not only will it get noticed, but you will bet many more hits

Aug 10 12 05:49 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Aera Crescent wrote:
Well what about mine? Someone said they would, for 'morbid curiosity' and if that is also in your case, okay, fine - but, if you wouldn't look at all, how about telling me what I could do to improve...? I'm curious. But a simple yes or no would do just fine, too smile

no:

Well, I will tell you what I think. That is pretty much all I can do, and you can choose what to do with what I tell you.

there are avatars that will catch my eye when I post on another person's photo, thread or even on the main page, some avatar's will catch my eye. What makes those Avatar's stand out? Here is a short list:

1. bigger is usually better. Far away photos don't work on a small avatar. They have to grab my attention in about 1/4 of a second at most, and if my eye/brain has to figure out the avatar photo because you are too small in it or it is too busy, then it will not catch my eye

2. Colors.....bright colors catch my eye better. White (not so much a color but you get the idea) and red do the job the best. If you do a B/W then make sure that it really pops me in the face and says "HEY!! Look at me!!"  That is why I use the avatar that I use. It stands out. If the photos was smaller, it would not stand out. Do you agree?

3. Photos with curves and lines work very well. I will quantify this up front by saying I am a huge heterosexual. Just the way I am. We all have things about the opposite sex that really catch our attention. Look at the previous comments I have made......especially the ones that say "100% yes". There is something in the photo that sets the female apart.......legs, curves, behind, eyes, ........those catch my eye alot. And if you can highlight them, then I will more likely look at your port.......and maybe even list  or want to work with you if even possible.

4. Males. As I said before, I am a heterosexual. So you are already at a disadvantage if you are a male model. However, I will look more if you have a very creative avatar (because I like creativity no matter what your sex is), and I also enjoy beauty. Beauty can be male or female, but once again I inherently believe that females have more inherent beauty. Just the way I am.

Aug 10 12 05:51 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

TallPix wrote:
I will play.
How many identical twins do u see in avatars?

probably not

Aug 10 12 05:51 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

DG IMAGES wrote:
I'll play

no

Aug 10 12 05:52 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Nicole M Carroll wrote:
What about me?

hmmmm

maybe

50/50

Aug 10 12 05:52 am Link

Model

Foxy Tokala

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Peach Jones wrote:

No. It blends too much and does not stand out as an avatar, which is the goal. To be noticed. I looked at your port and you have an amazing rockin' body. Use your curves and your sleekness for your avatar. Not only will it get noticed, but you will bet many more hits

Noted and Thank you for explaining!

Aug 10 12 05:55 am Link

Photographer

Michael Silver

London, England, United Kingdom

I'm Curious

Aug 10 12 08:01 am Link

Model

Annabella Kathryn

Brooklyn, New York, US

Does it?

Aug 10 12 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Kurt

Sierra Vista, Arizona, US

this aught to be interesting. Let's give it a shot.

Aug 10 12 02:10 pm Link