Retoucher

LauraErsoy

New York, New York, US

Hi Mayhemers smile,

I'm kinda scared about applying to the Graphic Design department at my college. I want to declare it as my second major (don't tell me it's going to be difficult, I know that already. I just need reassurance or tips for my portfolio).

So with that, could anyone please critique my portfolio? Be the harshest you can be, but with that also please give me some tips? I'd really appreciate any kind of input.

You can see most of my work in my MM port, but also at www.flickr.com/heeylaurax

Thank you!

Laura

Aug 16 12 08:08 pm Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

is your father Turkish by any chance?.. cause your last name is smile

Graphic design has nothing to do about what your portfolio looks like now but I dont think you'll have any problems smile

Aug 16 12 09:43 pm Link

Retoucher

LauraErsoy

New York, New York, US

Okay, because I'm really nervous! And to answer your question yes/no. Yes, my family was raised in Istanbul, but we recognize ourselves as Armenians.

Aug 16 12 10:16 pm Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

LauraErsoy wrote:
Yes, my family was raised in Istanbul, but we recognize ourselves as Armenians.

Interesting...

As for the subject, graphic design has nothing to do with your photoshop skills.
You will be taught to use other programs and typography etc. too but what you will learn basically is visual communication.

Aug 17 12 01:49 am Link

Retoucher

LauraErsoy

New York, New York, US

Koray wrote:
As for the subject, graphic design has nothing to do with your photoshop skills.
You will be taught to use other programs and typography etc. too but what you will learn basically is visual communication.

Okay! Thank you.

Aug 17 12 08:05 am Link