Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > ... on watching Breaking Bad

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

I don't think Jesse "fucked up." I think he did what any human, who was exhausted, beaten, probably had broken ribs and not a lot of critical thinking skills left, would do. Grab your chance and run for it.

Andrea getting shot in the head wasn't a natural consequence of Jessie's failure. It was a consequence of Todd and his uncle being truly horrible human beings.

They were going to kill him anyway, once he outlives his usefulness as a cook.   Even though Jessie is a snitch ass, he had to try to escape.   I don't blame him for her death.

Sep 24 13 03:04 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

https://i.qkme.me/35urkc.jpg

Sep 24 13 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Jules NYC wrote:
https://i.qkme.me/35urkc.jpg

He's probably going to get away when Walt comes storming in to get his money  back.

mark my words!

Sep 24 13 03:07 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c61/jbilotta/572789cd-7db2-4d1d-a824-f5f793e3a6c4_zps6f851e81.jpg

Sep 24 13 03:07 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Damon Banner wrote:

He's probably going to get away when Walt comes storming in to get his money  back.

mark my words!

The big clue to his survival was 'Heisenberg level' in my eyes.
Jesse is smarter than everyone gives him credit for.

Sep 24 13 03:08 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Damon Banner wrote:

They were going to kill him anyway, once he outlives his usefulness as a cook.   Even though Jessie is a snitch ass, he had to try to escape.   I don't blame him for her death.

Yeah, I mean, at that point you'd be perfectly fine with being sloppy in your get-away, because someone seeing you and finally shooting you would be a mercy, compared to what you were enduring every day, being chained in a hole in the ground and having to piss in a bucket.

Sep 24 13 03:10 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

FYI

Hoodies are sexy
I think I love them.

https://images.amcnetworks.com/blogs.amctv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Jesse_Quotes_325x200_03_Vrt_GalleryBB2.jpg

Sep 24 13 03:21 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Jules NYC wrote:
FYI

Hoodies are sexy
I think I love them.

https://images.amcnetworks.com/blogs.amctv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Jesse_Quotes_325x200_03_Vrt_GalleryBB2.jpg

You know what's funny?

I bet Aaron Paul never thought he would be one of those heart-throb actor types, that women lust after. He's not exactly a conventional Hollywood manly man, at least not to look at.

I find his facial expressions fascinating, and wonder how many of those reactions are true to him as an individual, versus the character he has created. Like, if you were sitting next to Aaron Paul on an airplane and made a tasteless joke, would he give you the Jessie-Side-Eye-of-Skeptical-Interest?

Sep 24 13 03:38 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

You know what's funny?

I bet Aaron Paul never thought he would be one of those heart-throb actor types, that women lust after. He's not exactly a conventional Hollywood manly man, at least not to look at.

I find his facial expressions fascinating, and wonder how many of those reactions are true to him as an individual, versus the character he has created. Like, if you were sitting next to Aaron Paul on an airplane and made a tasteless joke, would he give you the Jessie-Side-Eye-of-Skeptical-Interest?

I've watched him in interviews; he is so beautifully humble and it's real.

https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqd75e9fXi1qe8yls.jpg

He loves his wife too. Very much.
He met her at Coachella.

https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/10/10/1349877845848/Aaron-Paul-008.jpg

Sep 24 13 03:43 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Jules NYC wrote:

I listened to an interview with him on Fresh Air, on NPR, maybe beginning of 2012. He seemed like someone who would actually be a really nice person.

They also talked about how they were originally going to kill Jessie off in the first season.

Sep 24 13 03:50 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

I listened to an interview with him on Fresh Air, on NPR, maybe beginning of 2012. He seemed like someone who would actually be a really nice person.

They also talked about how they were originally going to kill Jessie off in the first season.

smile

If you ever have a chance poke around and see how he talks about his wife.
I think all the emotion he drums up in his acting is his real sensitivity in his soul.

Sep 24 13 03:54 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Jules NYC wrote:

smile

If you ever have a chance poke around and see how he talks about his wife.
I think all the emotion he drums up in his acting is his real sensitivity in his soul.

Some of his facial expressions in the show, I'm like, "Damn; that's some real shit right there." He's just really good at showing expressions, to the point where I'm guessing he emotes a lot facially in real life also.

There was this rough period, especially in the 90s, where you had these famous male actors like Keanu Reeves, for example, who just showed no expression whatsoever on their faces. As a result, the whole time I'm watching one of those movies with an Expressionless 90s Guy, I'm having a hard time believing the authenticity of the character. Like, the dude is just, "Imma say these lines, and get my paycheck, so whatever." It could also be a cultural thing too, you know the sort of Slacker 90s Culture Don't Care About Nothing We're Gen X and Totally Numb, compared to some shift in cultural attitudes coming out recently, in more emotive acting in popular actors.

That might be a far reach.

Sep 24 13 04:06 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
Some of his facial expressions in the show, I'm like, "Damn; that's some real shit right there." He's just really good at showing expressions, to the point where I'm guessing he emotes a lot facially in real life also.

There was this rough period, especially in the 90s, where you had these famous male actors like Keanu Reeves, for example, who just showed no expression whatsoever on their faces. As a result, the whole time I'm watching one of those movies with an Expressionless 90s Guy, I'm having a hard time believing the authenticity of the character. Like, the dude is just, "Imma say these lines, and get my paycheck, so whatever." It could also be a cultural thing too, you know the sort of Slacker 90s Culture Don't Care About Nothing We're Gen X and Totally Numb, compared to some shift in cultural attitudes coming out recently, in more emotive acting in popular actors.

What I like about the characters in Breaking Bad, they are all great actors.  I feel each and every one of them.  Even felt compassion for Walt last episode.

When Jesse cries, it just tears me apart.
When Hank died, I was dumbfounded by his valour.

I have to say too (interesting observation) that the 90's were somewhat homogenized.  The 80's were all about emotion, the somehow the 90's made it uncool to feel anything really.

I adore emotion. All emotions + ... -
Without it, everything seems/feels pretty empty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqDsugfu8M0

How could you act like that without ever having your heart broken.

Sep 24 13 04:12 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Jules NYC wrote:

What I like about the characters in Breaking Bad, they are all great actors.  I feel each and every one of them.  Even felt compassion for Walt last episode.

When Jesse cries, it just tears me apart.
When Hank died, I was dumbfounded by his valour.

I have to say too (interesting observation) that the 90's were somewhat homogenized.  The 80's were all about emotion, the somehow the 90's made it uncool to feel anything really.

I adore emotion. All emotions + ... -
Without it, everything seems/feels pretty empty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqDsugfu8M0

How could you act like that without ever having your heart broken.

That was just a really disturbing, difficult scene for me to watch. I had to go to work after I watched that episode, and it kind of fucked me up for the rest of the day. It takes a lot for a show to actually effect my mood, but that was one of the times in Breaking Bad that was really, really heavy.

To lighten the mood a bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ffJtn9gjU

And finally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlmviSx09HA

"Yeah,  bitch, magnets!" and "Gatorade me, bitch!" were my absolute FAVORITE Pinkman quotes, so when he was talking about how great those two bitches were, I was like YUUUUUSSSSSS!!!!

Sep 24 13 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Sep 24 13 06:26 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 … _also.html

No wai

smile

This somewhat eased my depression tonight.

Sep 24 13 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Jules NYC wrote:

No wai

smile

This somewhat eased my depression tonight.

http://vimeo.com/14458242

Sep 24 13 07:08 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:

http://vimeo.com/14458242

What a happy, adorable video:)

Sep 24 13 07:12 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Koryn Locke wrote:
You know what's funny?

He put on weight this season, and his face is taking a hell of a beating.

I find it really interesting the age differences between the actors and characters. The actor for skinny Pete is in his 40s, but he's presumably playing some junkie 20something. I think badger is also a bit older.

Like how do you cast for that? "Seeking: someone who looks super methed out" and he went "oh yeah, I fit that description"

Sep 24 13 08:00 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I don't think I'm going to be happy with the finale. I feel like there's way too much to wrap up in only one episode and I don't love the direction its gone. I stopped being happy when hank and Gomez died, I really hoped for something else.

Sep 24 13 08:03 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Oh+lawrdy.+Not+sure+if_3034ec_4780499.png

Sep 24 13 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

Keanu Reeves plays the same role in almost all his movies.  He isn't a good example!  He's like Johnny Depp w/o the acting skills and with Kung Fu.

Sep 24 13 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Damon's Keanu impression

dude. 

whoa.

Sep 24 13 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
I don't think I'm going to be happy with the finale. I feel like there's way too much to wrap up in only one episode and I don't love the direction its gone. I stopped being happy when hank and Gomez died, I really hoped for something else.

It's a long episode, but yeah, there is quite a bit to wrap up.

That said, they tend to do really well with their stories, so I don't think they'll do a dexter.

Sep 24 13 08:14 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Laura UnBound wrote:

I find it really interesting the age differences between the actors and characters. The actor for skinny Pete is in his 40s, but he's presumably playing some junkie 20something. I think badger is also a bit older.

Like how do you cast for that? "Seeking: someone who looks super methed out" and he went "oh yeah, I fit that description"

People age pretty quickly doing drugs.  I had no idea Skinny Pete was in his 40s, but didn't even notice.

Solid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_974ZusIvhk

Sep 24 13 08:16 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Laura UnBound wrote:

Jules NYC wrote:
People age pretty quickly doing drugs.  I had no idea Skinny Pete was in his 40s, but didn't even notice.

Solid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_974ZusIvhk

I would guess that Skinny Pete actor was late 30s or so. He definitely doesn't look like a 20 something. I am surprised that the dude who plays Badger is pushing 40, or whatever, because he does look about 25, give or take a few years. He has a baby face though, but Skinny Pete is well... skinny, and that makes people look older when they don't have any fat in their faces.

Sep 24 13 08:28 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

I would guess that Skinny Pete actor was late 30s or so. He definitely doesn't look like a 20 something. I am surprised that the dude who plays Badger is pushing 40, or whatever, because he does look about 25, give or take a few years. He has a baby face though, but Skinny Pete is well... skinny, and that makes people look older when they don't have any fat in their faces.

I know junkies; after a while, you don't see age, you just see 'that look'.

Some, more obvious
la la la

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_50AduGvQAU

Sep 24 13 08:30 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Koryn Locke wrote:

Sorry, badgers actor is 32. I just knew that he was definitely older than he was being portrayed in the show.

And no I don't think skinny Pete looks like a 20something like Jesse and badger do and should be.  The bb wiki says Jesse was born in 84, so he and his friends ought to be in their mid to late 20s throughout the show. Either way they picked an actor twice the age of the character for Pete which kind of blew me away, I figured they got a late 20 or early 30 something and roughed him up somehow

Sep 24 13 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Sep 24 13 08:33 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Damon Banner wrote:

That said, they tend to do really well with their stories, so I don't think they'll do a dexter.

I feel like it can go so many ways, and even if they wrap one way up really nicely, I'm still gonna go "but what about all that other shit?"

I hope I'm wrong, I don't want to have to throw Peter through the TV....but it's been downhill for me the last few episodes.

Sep 24 13 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
I hope I'm wrong, I don't want to have to throw Peter through the TV....but it's been downhill for me the last few episodes.

Because you know it's ending?  I think these last few have been awesome.  Nothing has been wasted.  Every thing I looked at seemed to have a point later down the line. 

If they pull a Dexter though, I might throw both you and Peter through the TV.

Sep 24 13 08:43 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Sep 24 13 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
I'm still gonna go "but what about all that other shit?"

What all are you thinking needs to be wrapped up?

Sep 24 13 09:01 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

joeyk wrote:
What all are you thinking needs to be wrapped up?

Hes got at least 9, maybe 10 people to kill, a lot of money to do something with, a broken family, a busted friendship/partnership/whatever he even has with jesse...if he doesnt kill him to sort out, shit with marie, and hes gotta get away with all of it.

Thats kind of a lot of shit. I feel that all of it deserves detail and if a season were longer could absolutely be had without making the show overstay its welcome.

Sep 24 13 09:10 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Damon Banner wrote:
Because you know it's ending?  I think these last few have been awesome.  Nothing has been wasted.  Every thing I looked at seemed to have a point later down the line. 

If they pull a Dexter though, I might throw both you and Peter through the TV.

The quality of the episodes has certainly been on par. I was just rooting for a different ending. Id hoped hank and gomez would get out of it somehow, Id hoped jesse would have made off a lot better than he has, Id hoped for something more scheming from walt than going off the grid. I feel like each episode I start out rooting for somebody and shit goes way sideways by the end of it and Im just kind of sad about it.

Sep 24 13 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
The quality of the episodes has certainly been on par. I was just rooting for a different ending. Id hoped hank and gomez would get out of it somehow, Id hoped jesse would have made off a lot better than he has, Id hoped for something more scheming from walt than going off the grid. I feel like each episode I start out rooting for somebody and shit goes way sideways by the end of it and Im just kind of sad about it.

Game of Thrones with crank!

nah, but I've always though Jesse will make it out.  I still think that, even though he's a snitch.

walt... well... i'll keep my guess on that secret

Sep 24 13 09:30 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Damon Banner wrote:
Game of Thrones with crank!

nah, but I've always though Jesse will make it out.  I still think that, even though he's a snitch.

walt... well... i'll keep my guess on that secret

He might be a snitch, but I sympathize with him. Hes just wanted out of all of it and to go live his life someplace/somehow else for so long and walt repeatedly manipulates him back in, and then fucks him over handing him over to jacks crew because he wont take responsibility for the consequences of his own actions (hank getting shot)... Im just really holding out for jesse now. Walt can go die in a fire, hes basically just a horrible person, I cant feel bad for him anymore.

Sep 24 13 09:56 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I think this is where Walt learned never to doubt what he needed to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3u-6UFLubI

Walt's likability factor explained by Vince.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWE8NG5oSOA

Sep 24 13 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Fair

Palm Coast, Florida, US

Damon Banner wrote:

I couldn't believe how they ended Dexter...talk about a crock of shit. The entire last season was a let down. I was at least expecting a killer first episode of season 8 after Deb killed LaGuerta.

Back on topic, kinda.

I bet nobody can guess what episode this was shot from.

https://www.kevinfair.com/photos/i-gWh5Nhg/0/XL/i-gWh5Nhg-XL.jpg

Sep 24 13 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Sep 24 13 11:02 pm Link