Forums > Model Colloquy > A proper name for 40+ models

Photographer

Greg Slaughter

Palo Alto, California, US

I have an idea ... stop using the agency.  Agencies are so 20th century.  We need agencies about as much as we need hand cranks for starting cars.

Oct 07 12 03:47 am Link

Photographer

AJ_In_Atlanta

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Greg Slaughter wrote:
I have an idea ... stop using the agency.  Agencies are so 20th century.  We need agencies about as much as we need hand cranks for starting cars.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I also don't understand why people don't think age or apparent age matters.  Maybe if you are shooting the usualy MM glamour shots it doesn't but it sure does to advertisers and commercial clients.

Oct 07 12 03:53 am Link

Model

Figuremodel001

Chicago, Illinois, US

MatureModelMM wrote:
Out of the list given by the OP, I really like Classic Model the best.

Seems fine and also seems to back up a Detroit location. Have seen the "Classic" used as a name added to cars.

Oct 07 12 07:13 am Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

model-maria wrote:
I am signed into some national and international agencies and they all have different names for the my age-group.  The category is called: senior llamas, special llamas, specials, best-ager llamas, classic llamas, character, people women, mature llamas, lady llama, ladies or just 40-50 group......  There is no standard and sometimes it is very confusing as " senior llamas" are for instance in other agencies 65  ............

What do you all think should be a proper name or the best name?

"Models"?

I would think that it's more important to promote the style they shoot, and make sure prospective clients can evaluate the look.

Oct 07 12 09:51 am Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

AJScalzitti wrote:
You have no idea what you are talking about.

I also don't understand why people don't think age or apparent age matters.  Maybe if you are shooting the usualy MM glamour shots it doesn't but it sure does to advertisers and commercial clients.

Real "apparent age" certainly, and not the model's insane answer to that.  But, if I have two prospective commercial models who are 39 and 41, looks are 100% of the basis to choose, not whether they have passed an arbitrary line.

Oct 07 12 09:54 am Link

Photographer

Eridu

Boston, Massachusetts, US

"Model," Subject," "Hey You?"

Oct 07 12 01:41 pm Link

Model

Misty R H

Anaheim, California, US

Jim Cookfair wrote:
how about 'fortastic'

I like this one myself. But I think just "model" works.  Regardless of age not all models are fashion. Even young models maybe lifestyle, commercial or character models depending more upon their stats and characteristics than their age. So just call all models regardless of age and then break down by specialty.

Oct 07 12 04:54 pm Link