Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Hair Advice/Makeover

Model

NeCol The Greatest

Seattle, Washington, US

I want to do something different to my hair... Im always wearing extensions. Right now, I am letting my hair grow out.

Should I go with:

1. http://www.ultimate-rihanna.com/gallery … play_media

Or keep wearing extensions to make my hair fuller and thicker?

Oct 06 12 01:42 pm Link

Model

Hillary K Frazier

Savannah, Georgia, US

I love full thick hair! but its whatever you want big_smile you can always replace the extensions!

Oct 06 12 03:28 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Wow.  All I am going to say is that right now your hair is too much.  It really over powers you.  Personally I think it should be toned down.  You need a style.  Long and thick is not that.  R-

Oct 06 12 03:45 pm Link

Model

NeCol The Greatest

Seattle, Washington, US

Since you are a hairstylist, what do you honestly suggest?

rick lesser wrote:
Wow.  All I am going to say is that right now your hair is too much.  It really over powers you.  Personally I think it should be toned down.  You need a style.  Long and thick is not that.  R-

Oct 06 12 04:20 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

It's so hard to suggest styles when your only interaction with the person is through photographs.  Without seeing your hair in person I can only make guesses.  I have no idea what it looks like without the extensions .  From the pictures on you port, its way to long.  Raise it up to just below the shoulder.  Add some soft laying through out and around the face.  Betting it looks good with some waves or large curls.  Right now it looks very hard on you.  I hope I could help?  R-

Oct 06 12 05:29 pm Link

Model

NeCol The Greatest

Seattle, Washington, US

Do you happen to have pictures?

rick lesser wrote:
It's so hard to suggest styles when your only interaction with the person is through photographs.  Without seeing your hair in person I can only make guesses.  I have no idea what it looks like without the extensions .  From the pictures on you port, its way to long.  Raise it up to just below the shoulder.  Add some soft laying through out and around the face.  Betting it looks good with some waves or large curls.  Right now it looks very hard on you.  I hope I could help?  R-

Oct 07 12 11:38 am Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

Hi Nashia,

I think the images that Rick is looking at are the ones where your hair is straight. I believe I'm correct in thinking that's a wig or half wig? I think what makes it so overwhelming is that when it's not really smoothed out it looks like too much hair and it doesn't seem to be sitting on your scalp. It makes me think your hair underneath isn't braided down tight enough.

I do love the wavy look on you though. It looks more natural on you. Are any of your pictures just your natural hair?

Oct 07 12 12:04 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Alexander yes, your correct.  I was thinking the heavy looking hair were the extensions.  But it could very well be a wig.  Still would love to see what your natural hair looks like before I could even dare to suggest anything.  R-

Oct 07 12 01:20 pm Link

Model

NeCol The Greatest

Seattle, Washington, US

Hello. Every picture on my port contains wigs/half wigs. My natural hair is very short.

A J T wrote:
Hi Nashia,

I think the images that Rick is looking at are the ones where your hair is straight. I believe I'm correct in thinking that's a wig or half wig? I think what makes it so overwhelming is that when it's not really smoothed out it looks like too much hair and it doesn't seem to be sitting on your scalp. It makes me think your hair underneath isn't braided down tight enough.

I do love the wavy look on you though. It looks more natural on you. Are any of your pictures just your natural hair?

Oct 07 12 05:40 pm Link

Model

Roro Fitria Amanda

Adamsville, Alabama, US

Hair extensions, in which hair is attached onto a person's existing hair or scalp by either weaving, gluing or clipping it on, may cause little damage to some women but, for others, the hairpieces can cause nightmarish results.

Oct 08 12 09:34 am Link

Model

Miroslava Svoboda

Seattle, Washington, US

I use clip in extensions, i think it's more practical when in the process of growing hair out because of the damage the permanent extensions can do. Most of my photos actually include the clip ins.

Oct 08 12 09:55 am Link

Model

NeCol The Greatest

Seattle, Washington, US

I love everyone's advice. I am thinking about hiring a hairstylist to cut my hair along with a style. smile

Oct 09 12 12:34 pm Link