Forums > Critique > Have I got what it takes?

Model

DEMAUPIN

Truro, England, United Kingdom

If You are an editorial photographer, please tell me-what my chances are, in editorial  modeling - if any.
what I great about my look, and what is wrong/bad...etc.

Thank You,
M

Nov 07 12 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

very little chance at editorial- age/height, have no agency and no photos either. Most dont show your face that is generally a bad sign.  The first shot you look nice but its not a very hi quality image and then that good start is completely killed by the Jim Carrol/Bowie heroine chic look and a bunch of photos that avoid showing your face clearly or are so muddy you cant see anything.

Nov 09 12 11:26 pm Link

Model

llllllllllllllllllll

Mamlyūtka, Soltüstik Ķazaķstan, Kazakhstan

Hard to say, I'm missing a clear picture of your face: all of them are overly photoshopped, underlightened, or we can only see your hair.

Nov 09 12 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Tirado Photography

New York, New York, US

As most people have mentioned, your shots do not give a clear enough idea of your facial features. There is being versatile and then there is you don't have any idea of what you are getting. You might want to have some current simple polaroid or polaroid-type shots.

Your height is another issue. You mention specifically editorial which generally involve stylists..who are among the most model height sensitive people I have seen. Age is also another factor.

Nov 09 12 11:45 pm Link

Model

DEMAUPIN

Truro, England, United Kingdom

Ok, thank You for Your opinion ... It is important, and to be honest I didn't realised all these things. I always knew that my hight and age might be a problem.
At the age of 13-14 I've had signed a contract with an agency- from Denmark - UNIQUE- but I was too young and I was too scared so it didn't work out. But than I've realised what an opportunity I've missed...and now I want to try. The photographs are without photoshop... Just filter...the only photographs with photoshop are the one for Dazed& Confused.
But I'll listen to You and change few things.
Thank You once more;
And have a lovely day;-))
All the best,Mags

Nov 14 12 01:59 am Link